GDT: #29| New York Islanders @ Boston Bruins| December 9th | 7:00 PM | F/L 3-1

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You do realize I can take that entire post, replace 'Ho-Sang' with 'Tavares', and it'd still be true?

You've already admitted you're only judging Ho-Sang this game so not sure what to tell you. I'm talking about the entire season and tonight's game is one chapter in a very sloppy book for Ho-Sang.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Welp, 3 points on our roadtrio, the 2 softie's by Halak plus the suffocating defense was the difference

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Bad game, bad road trip, they need to get home and get their shit together. Clean up the pk, get back to scoring on the pp and take it from there.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Hockey IQ was not listed in that post. If you're taking what was explicitly listed about JHS, Tavares does it game in and game out. And, it wouldn't be wrong to say Barzal is having a much better year than he is either...
Don't bother the two of them were watching a different game than all of us

Reactions: Groin Of Bates

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
4 games in 6 nights with travel. 3 out of 6 points on the road. I'll take it.

Hopefully things straighten up next week with 3 of 4 at home, but it's another busy week.

Reactions: dood

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
You've already admitted you're only judging Ho-Sang this game so not sure what to tell you. I'm talking about the entire season and tonight's game is one chapter in a very sloppy book for Ho-Sang.

If we're going to judge rookies by a very limited career set, then I don't know what to tell you either. Guess we should've just branded so many late bloomers a bust early in their careers. I'm not saying he'll light the world on fire or be a hall of fame inductee. I'm saying he had a good game tonight and one turn-over isn't the reason to bench him when the golden boy, the golden rookie, and our brand new shiny winger all had turnovers. Ho-Sang played better than all but ONE of them, now that the complete game is over. Oh, and he's doing it with a much, much, worse set of linemates.

How about we take the good game and see if he builds on it, or perhaps is COACHED to building on it? You know... that's how rookies are intended to improve, right?

Or, instead, we can just crucify every mistake everyone makes because what else is there to do in Islander country.

EDIT: And while Ho-Sang was benched, the final 6 players on the ice had 2 KILLER turnovers that led to a goal. Guess we should bench them all. Very sloppy.

Reactions: Svengoolie

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
tonight isn't on halak but come the **** on

What did he say that isnt true? People tonight are proving what I said the other night. Isles lose 2-1 (plus empty netter) and people are blaming Halak. When Greiss gave up 4, 5, 6 goals in a game, these people were saying it was not Greiss's faults.

Reactions: Pomee

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I know you cant be serious. Do you know what a fool you look like if you are being serious. Guy gives up 2 goals on 33 shots. Team scores 1 goal, 0-4 on PP. It is Halak's fault? Come on

2 goals on 33 shots doesn't tell the whole story. That first goal was abysmally soft and he has a penchant for that this season.

But you're right, this game wasn't on Halak. They couldn't score more than one goal. You're not going to win most games by only scoring one goal.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Hockey IQ was not listed in that post. If you're taking what was explicitly listed about JHS, Tavares does it game in and game out. And, it wouldn't be wrong to say Barzal is having a much better year than he is either...

My post included making the correct pass and dumping in when it was needed which JHS routinely does not do (i.e. hockey IQ). Staple's comments the other day in his Q&A seemed to imply that JHS has been overstaying shifts against the coaches wishes.. it is painful to watch at times he double shifts himself. We live and die with JT, he may overstay at time as well but your star player #1 center, veteran will have that trust and ok to do that to some extent when needed. JHS is hunting points and minutes to the teams detriment. With regard to passing and getting it in deep, JT works really well with JB and Lee.. HoSang is doing his own thing has a lot of maturing to do but the talent is there. He is where he should be right now on the 3rd line.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
It's the whole team really. The effort has been pathetic lately. They have been dominated in the first period for the last 5 games.

Reactions: Svengoolie

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
What did he say that isnt true? People tonight are proving what I said the other night. Isles lose 2-1 (plus empty netter) and people are blaming Halak. When Greiss gave up 4, 5, 6 goals in a game, these people were saying it was not Greiss's faults.
every single game you guys make out halak to be this golden god and act as if greiss is a steaming hot pile. they're both equally bad.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
I know you cant be serious. Do you know what a fool you look like if you are being serious. Guy gives up 2 goals on 33 shots. Team scores 1 goal, 0-4 on PP. It is Halak's fault? Come on
yeah Halak stopped as many shots as Rask so he is playing on Rask level? hilarious! Halak has done the game changing softie for the leading goal and from then on this game was an uphill battle against of the best D in NHL. Blame it on JT, on HoSang on everyone but not on your admired Halak, you're so delusional

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
2 goals on 33 shots doesn't tell the whole story. That first goal was abysmally soft and he has a penchant for that this season.

But you're right, this game wasn't on Halak. They couldn't score more than one goal. You're not going to win most games by only scoring one goal.

I dont care if you give up a goal from the other blue line, when you allow 1-2 goals in a game it is not the goalie's fault. When you allow 5-6 goals and your team scores 4 goals, then the goalie is at fault.

Reactions: Pomee

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Are they gonna have another meeting? This time to go over the pp?:sarcasm:

And can we quit picking apart each rookie turnover JHS makes while ignoring his teammates turnovers?
Makes it hard to take the complaints seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad