Prospect Info: #28OA - Hurricanes select C Ryan Suzuki

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Just a solid value pick too....ranked anywhere from the mid-teens to the low 20s. With a skill pick at 28 we could take another skill guy and a size guy at 37/38. It really does set up for a nice 2nd round. We could either trade 59 as part of an elusive package, or we can pick the best defenseman available (preferably an RHD).

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
It's unfortunate we passed over the sure thing at pick #28.

Who were those guys again?

*cough*

bruinsce027-e1560426285626.jpg

6 picks later.

Pardais was ranked as a 3rd rounder by most. He was way, way off the board. IIRC, most here wanted O'Reilly or Landon Ferraro, who were the best two centers on the board.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
*cough*

bruinsce027-e1560426285626.jpg

6 picks later.

Pardais was ranked as a 3rd rounder by most. He was way, way off the board. IIRC, most here wanted O'Reilly or Landon Ferraro, who were the best two centers on the board.
No one knew O'Reilly would be as good as he is at that time. He was thought of as a safe pick, kinda like Landon Ferraro, with a questionable ceiling which is why he fell so far. Ferraro busted though, maybe not like Paradis who was one of the worst 1st round picks of the decade. The late 1st/early 2nd is still a crapshoot.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Suzuki was the #1 pick in the OHL Draft by the Barrie Colts.
Svech and Suzuki are team-mats again with 'Canes.
'Canes rated him #12 in 2019 Draft.
High Hockey IQ with speed!!

Reactions: Unsustainable

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
We're so thrilled about our other picks, that we haven't even talked about our 1st rounder since Saturday. I freaking really like the pick of Suzuki,I've got really high hopes for this kid.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I can't help but Aho made smooth transition to center position, Wallmark graduated as good two-way center... and we have Necas, Suzuki, Geekie, Luostarinen, Rees, Roy, Drury and Murray in the system in the middle. Not your typical Canes prospect pool.

Mattheos, Puistola, Gauthier, Slepets and Wall as RW.
Saarela, Tieksola, Kuokkanen, Rizzo as LW.
Bean, Sellgren, McKeown, Honka, Fensore, Webber as D.
Ned and Kochetkov.

Best Canes prospect pool ever?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I can't help but Aho made smooth transition to center position, Wallmark graduated as good two-way center... and we have Necas, Suzuki, Geekie, Luostarinen, Rees, Roy, Drury and Murray in the system in the middle. Not your typical Canes prospect pool.

Mattheos, Puistola, Gauthier, Slepets and Wall as RW.
Saarela, Tieksola, Kuokkanen, Rizzo as LW.
Bean, Sellgren, McKeown, Honka, Fensore, Webber as D.
Ned and Kochetkov.

Best Canes prospect pool ever?
Booth and Helvig in net too.

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Aho-Suzuki-Svechnikov
TT-Rees-Necas
Nino-Staal-Geekie/Gauthier/Mattheos/Puistola/etc.

Top-9 in a few years. I want Suzuki succeed just to see just how good that 1st line could be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad