GDT: #28| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | December 7th | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 4-3

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
We wont keep surviving like this, we are literally a one-trick pony and teams will figure us out.

Literally??

NBGkwBAeBa-2.png

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
This is the type of game which we would have lost 4-1 years ago. The fact that we came back from two goals down late in the game against the mighty Pens shows how much better this team is than years past.

We stole a point vs the Pens -- and yes -- both goalies need to step up their game if this team will do anything in the PO.

But please continue bashing each other!

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I have my own personal criteria that I use in order to determine whether or not I should be satisfied with an OTL or SOL.

1. Is the opponent "better" than the Isles? Check
2. Isles must have never held a lead the entire game. Check
3. Must have tied the game, late in the game, with the goalie pulled. Check
4. Must be a road game. Check

Last night's game hits all those marks so I'll happily take the point! :)

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I have my own personal criteria that I use in order to determine whether or not I should be satisfied with an OTL or SOL.

1. Is the opponent "better" than the Isles? Check
2. Isles must have never held a lead the entire game. Check
3. Must have tied the game, late in the game, with the goalie pulled. Check
4. Must be a road game. Check

Last night's game hits all those marks so I'll happily take the point! :)

It doesn't happen often, but I agree with you 100%!

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
This is the type of game which we would have lost 4-1 years ago. The fact that we came back from two goals down late in the game against the mighty Pens shows how much better this team is than years past.

We stole a point vs the Pens -- and yes -- both goalies need to step up their game if this team will do anything in the PO.

Since when are you the voice of reason? :huh:

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
How come the Islanders aren't listed in second place? It seems we have the tiebreaker in goals for vs the Blue Jackets no?

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
How come the Islanders aren't listed in second place? It seems we have the tiebreaker in goals for vs the Blue Jackets no?

Columbus has beaten us in our only head to head meeting, and I don't think the exclusion aspect comes in until the end of the season. Also, Columbus has the better goal differential between the four teams tied, followed by the Isles.

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
FYI the Guentzel goal was changed to Kris Letang this morning, which means Pelech deflected in another one.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Columbus has beaten us in our only head to head meeting, and I don't think the exclusion aspect comes in until the end of the season. Also, Columbues has the better goal differential between the four teams tied, followed by the Isles.

Thank you.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Just to chime in on the Greiss-Halak schism.

I have no bias towards either. Coming into the season I pinned Halak as the 1A; he finished strong last season and historically has a larger sampling of good goaltending.

Thus far I’m giving the slight edge to Halak. Greiss had a stretch where he was the better goalie; but recently it’s been Halak, compounded by his body of work since October as well.

Here’s hoping he continues to trend upwards and gain consistency; this team needs him to in order to have any kind of true success.

And if not him, then Greiss.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
What did Halak say/do? I saw him look at Ho-Sang after the goal and then when he was heading into the tunnel appeared to say something to someone (presumably Ho-Sang) and then shake his head. Was there more to it than that?

Anyone else watch the Pens feed? I usually dislike their commentators (especially Errey) but they were actually very enjoyable. And VERY complimentary of the Isles, and Barzal and JT in particular. Said they have a team that will be competing for the Stanley Cup this year.

Have they seen our D and G?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Week 1 - we are lottery pick bound
Week 2 - This team sucks
Week 3 - Barzal is amazing, he's going to win the Calder
Week 4 - We are 1 or 2 pieces away from winning a Stanley Cup, our PP is awesome!
Week 5 - Our defense and goaltending is so bad, it's going to catch up to us
Week 6 - We can't keep up this run and gun style, and our PP sucks
Week 7 - Can't believe how good this team is!!
Week 8 - we are just a one trick pony and a bad team

HFBoards bipolarity at its best!

Reactions: Doshell Propivo

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls

Agreed. Would have been typical old Isles loss. Regardless of the OT goal, 66 needs to be squared away. He is too young not to be corrected. Am I the only one who really likes Pulock?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad