CAR: 9-8-4_______________NYR: 15-7-1

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, FS-CR

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@CAR 10/28/16 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - HURRICANES.com
Larry Brooks - NYDN - Steve Zipay - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE:

novemberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Obviously, teams have seen a lot of us now. They understand our speed game is a big strength of ours.
They made us go the full length of the ice the majority of the game and had numbers back.
But in the end, we have to find a way — some in-zone plays, running our cycles, getting pucks up top and getting shots down at the net.
- Ryan McDonagh

That's hockey, sometimes it can bounce from the glass or like that. It was just a broken play and they got a quick shot there.
Some of those shots you want to make the save from the short side. It was a bad bounce there.
- Antti Raanta

This is the type of game we expected. Ottawa’s a real tight-checking hockey team, clogging up the neutral zone, clogging up the front of their net.
We knew there weren’t going to be a lot of Grade-A opportunities.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="CAROLINA HURRICANES"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 21 | GF | 52
W | 9 | GA | 56
L | 8 | GF/G | 2.43
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.62
Pts | 22 | PIM/G | 6:39
HOME | 6-3-0 | PP% | 20.3
AWAY | 3-5-4 | PK% | 91.1
L10 | 6-3-1 | FO% | 52.5
STREAK | W1 | S/O | 1-1

Division | 7th
Conference | 13th
League | 22nd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Jeff Skinner | 9 Assists | Jeff Skinner | 10 Points | Jeff Skinner | 19 + / - | Victor Rask | +6 Shots | Jeff Skinner | 73 Hits | Jordan Staal | 44 Blocks | Jaccob Slavin | 40 PIM | Viktor Stalberg | 19 FO% | Jordan Staal | 60.1 TOI/G F: | Victor Rask | 19:06 TOI/G D: | Justin Faulk | 23:45

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
jeff SKINNER (A) | victor RASK (A) | elias LINDHOLM
sebastian AHO | teuvo TERAVAINEN | lee STEMPNIAK
phil DI GIUSEPPE | derek RYAN | andrej NESTRASIL
joakim NORDSTROM | jay MCCLEMENT | viktor STALBERG

LD | RD
ron HAINSEY | justin FAULK (A)
jaccob SLAVIN | brett PESCE
noah HANIFIN | matt TENNYSON

Scratched
klas DAHLBECK |

STARTING GOALIE:

Ward-Cam.png

Cam Ward

GPI: 16 | W: 7 | L: 6 | OT: 3 | PIM: 0
SV% .918 | GAA: 2.24 | SA: 440 | GA: 36 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Brock McGinn | Lower body (DTD)
Eddie Lack | Concussion (IR)
Bryan Bickell | Multiple sclerosis (IR)
Jordan Staal | Concussion (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 23 | GF | 85
W | 15 | GA | 57
L | 7 | GF/G | 3.70
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 2.43
Pts | 31 | PIM/G | 6:23
HOME | 8-4-1 | PP% | 20.3
AWAY | 7-3-0 | PK% | 85.0
L10 | 5-4-1 | FO% | 49.5
STREAK | L1 | S/O | 0-1

Division | 1st
Conference | 2nd
League | 2nd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Michael Grabner | 12 Assists | Ryan McDonagh | 13 Points | Hayes, Miller | 19 + / - | Michael Grabner | +20 Shots | Rick Nash | 66 Hits | Nick Holden | 45 Blocks | Kevin Klein | 51 PIM | Chris Kreider | 13 FO% | Brandon Pirri | 58.7 TOI/G F: | Mats Zuccarello | 18:43 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 23:53

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
mats ZUCCARELLO | j.t. MILLER | rick NASH (A)
chris KREIDER | derek STEPAN (A) | jesper FAST
mike GRABNER | kevin HAYES | brandon PIRRI
matt PUEMPEL | josh JOORIS | jimmy VESEY

LD | RD
ryan MCDONAGH (C) | dan GIRARDI (A)
marc STAAL (A) | nick HOLDEN
brady SKJEI | kevin KLEIN

Scratched
adam CLENDENING |
oscar LINDBERG |

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 17 | W: 10 | L: 6 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .915 | GAA: 2.43 | SA: 448 | GA: 38 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Pavel Buchnevich | Back spasms (DTD)
Mika Zibanejad | Ankle (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys5.png

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Just a little heads up if y'all have not watched or know too much about Carolina. No one better take the 'Canes lightly or think this is an easy "get well" type of game due to where they are in the standings. Been watching them on Center Ice package and ever since calendar hit November the entire team and especially their goalie Ward have come to life. Ward in particular has been tremendous. They have some interesting skilled forwards(Tervaninen,Skinner obviously, Rask, Lindholm has come to life and this kid Aho to name a few). Defense isn't that great from my observation other than Justin Faulk who is almost in stud catagory and Hanifen looks like he has some pretty good potential.

That said, we should beat them and get some revenge from when they beat us in their barn a few weeks ago but I'm not expecting this to be a blowout as some might think. We should be able to skate thru neutral zone compared to vs Sens.

This has the makings of one of them 3-1...4-2 with an empty netter type games with us prevailing. Let's do it boys!!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
One of the best neutral zone defense teams playing against a team that's been struggling mightily with its transition game as of late. Carolina d gets very active in the offensive zone as well and are good at keeping pucks in and creating from the point.

Hope Hank's ready for this one.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Brett Cyrgalis ‏@BrettCyrgalis
Vigneault said JT Miller (knee stitches) is "90/10" for playing. Yet Grabner is feeling ill, stayed home this morning. Will be gametime #NYR

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Canes haven't won in MSG in how long? I think 6 years? On top of that, Jordan Staal out with a concussion.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It should be an easy 2 pts, but not sure how AV and our players react after a shutout last game.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Updated lines from our pregame skate this morning:

#53 Skinner (A) - #49 Rask (A) - #16 Lindholm
#20 Aho - #86 Teravainen - #21 Stempniak
#34 Di Giuseppe - #33 Ryan - #15 Nestrasil
#42 Nordstrom - #18 McClement - #25 Stalberg

#65 Hainsey - #27 Faulk (A)
#74 Slavin - #22 Pesce
#5 Hanifin - #26 Tennyson

#30 Ward
#32 Leighton

#6 Dahlbeck as the healthy extra

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Canes haven't won in MSG in how long? I think 6 years? On top of that, Jordan Staal out with a concussion.

That's a big loss for them as he's been playing well lately. Was just pointing out that the 'Canes have been playing good hockey going on a month now and that it likely won't be an easy blowout type game. Would love to be wrong...trust me I do.

But yes, fully expect Rangers to win.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If you see someone at the game who accidentally forgot to not wear his Canucks hat, that will be me. :laugh:

Need to get around to buying a Rangers hat lol.

#StaalsAreBrothers
Whoa just realized I don't have to listen to that stuff all game for once haha.

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I feel like of any team in the league, we have Carolina's number.

You would think that and I haven't looked but I agree with you that our winning % record vs them over the years likely is as good as versus anyone's.

But hey they did beat us 4-2 a few weeks ago when we were riding high scoring 5+ goals a game and we still had Zib and Buch...you recall?. They are one of these ankle biting pain in arse teams that we should beat no question and yet my impression from watching 'Canes recently is that they are not going to be an easy mark tonight especially with us not playing our best hockey lately...that's all.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Canes are 19-39 in 67 GP at MSG. Though I think in recent years, it's more losses than wins.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Let's not let Skinner figure skate all over the offensive zone and score goals this time, eh?

Not sure what it's going to take for AV to rest Klein/Girardi for Clendening, but I'm starting to seriously wonder why he even bothers carrying extra defensemen at this point.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Where does oscar fit in the line up of grabs can't make the game and who moves up? Vesey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad