GDT: #23| New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 28th 5:00 PM | F/L 5-2

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
And Chad Johnson gives up another 4 goals. :shakehead

In no way has he been the last line of defense.

He's basically singlehandedly lost us these last 2 games he played, I didn't think we were all that horrible tonight or in that game vs Tampa...we may have been worse 2 nights ago.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
He's basically singlehandedly lost us these last 2 games he played, I didn't think we were all that horrible tonight or in that game vs Tampa...we may have been worse 2 nights ago.

There were bad tonight, but CJ sucked too.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Boychuk and Visnovsky are both out tomorrow they should seriously consider bringing up Pulock to see what he can do on our PP

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Devils blowing their load right now over in NJ, 3 goals in the first, we want them to put up 5 or 6 tonight...also Schneider is in, I think we may get Clemmensen tomorrow.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Really how dumb can some fans of others teams be!!!

taken from WSH Caps board

:shakehead

Washington fans are basketball fans. They do not know hockey.
They are a very big team, 14 of the 18 skaters tonight were over 210 lbs. So they play a grind game in the corners and they slow it down.

Meanwhile, Grabovski hasn't scored in 14 games, Frans in 8 games, Okposo is not finishing and is playing more perimeter hockey, and Tavares s only scoring lay ups into open nets between turning the puck over every other touch.
They have to realize that they have not been playing as well as they can and have been getting away with it.
Time to go back to playing a good 60 minute game tomorrow.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
i think CJ killed us tonight. missing Boychuk and the Vis hurt too. just an off night all around.

but you have to give props to the Caps. they are playing better with Trotz. they have a big, fast team.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
The loss really doesn't bother me, it's the way this team loses. Looked like a thanksgiving hangover. Really need to get the special teams and Johnson on track.

A bounce back win will be nice.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Of course he worries hes got a lot on his plate.

:laugh::handclap: I'll admit, I'm not the greatest when it comes to spelling. That was pretty bad though.

Tough game. We'll have a few of these this season though so it's not really a big deal. Just can't make it a habit. Hopefully Boychuk, Lubo and Hammer are fine. Losing two of those three would be difficult to play through.

Johnson is terrible. He looks shaky and gives up too many terrible goals from bad angles and can't be trusted. Only way we win with him in net is if our offense scores 5 goals. It's ridiculous.

camper*

They are a very big team, 14 of the 18 skaters tonight were over 210 lbs. So they play a grind game in the corners and they slow it down.

Meanwhile, Grabovski hasn't scored in 14 games, Frans in 8 games, Okposo is not finishing and is playing more perimeter hockey, and Tavares s only scoring lay ups into open nets between turning the puck over every other touch.
They have to realize that they have not been playing as well as they can and have been getting away with it.

You forgot to mention Clutterbutt and his 60 shots that miss the net leaving his line in the offensive end while the puck rimmed to centre ice....give him his own line:laugh:

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010

BILLD, you hit it on the head.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Only point I would disagree on is Frans--he is far and away our best defensive forward and has played like it every night. If he only scores 5 more goals all year and does the defensive stuff, I am ok with that.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Barry Trotz is the most boring coach in the NHL. His game is all about the defense, well, it might be effective but I rather watch paint dry than another game against Washington. I feel sorry for their fans.

Defense is good. It is a concept Capuano recently discovered and has lead to a much improved record. You score on the counter punch.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Uh, the Islanders did not bring it this game and they all lost it.

But yeah, he did nothing to help that either. Johnson sucks.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Defense is good. It is a concept Capuano recently discovered and has lead to a much improved record. You score on the counter punch.

Defense is good, but the capitals are a boring team to watch, I was falling asleep the past 2 games. So much neutral zone play. The washington snoozefests should be there name.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I still want them to split up JT and KO.

Grabovski-JT-Strome
Kulemin-Nelson-Okposo
Lee-Nielsen-Bailey

Might not be a bad idea...if anything just to get them going a bit...

I wouldn't mind seeing Nelson-Tavares-Strome and having Grabo play as a center of another line.

Nelson-Tavares-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo
Lee-Grabo-Kulemin

camper*

He could have played better...but a soft lost 1st line didn't help..lines 2-3 were size overmatched..period...D without Boychuk couldn't move anyone..Hamonic playing forward(rushing) is a bad plan..the forth line who literally won last game pounding the caps with 24 hits was ..couldn't forcheck with Clutterbum not getting pucks deep rather shooting from everywhere...leaving the line deep as the puck continually left the zone:nod:.....so maybe Johnson didn't bail anyone out but there was plenty of blame to go around.....Marts fight with the hide behind my visor Wilson got them going tying the game at dueces......by the way anyone who lines up for a fight hiding behind a plastic shield ..limiting a fighters ability to strike his Yap..is a big edge..the real scrapper now has to pick his spots rather than fight ..so not to break a flipper....Marts still clocked the puss 3 times ...what happened to the penalty for fighting with a visor when both are willing combatants.....yssup:laugh:
Lastly big teams will be a problem ...still not enough grit throughout the lineup....and i am not talking about anklebitters that pretend to act tough...:laugh:.....How many guys on this team will "GO" if they have to....2 Maybe? 3 tops!....:nod:..and please that Lee fiasco of a fight doesn't count..fighting on your knees with a visor is just as bad;)
Big and mean wins everytime

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan

So the Cap fan (Burakovsky95) that posted earlier in this thread about there line changes, he took offense with you calling Cap fans basketball fans...says 75% of us identified as Ranger fans before this season... Guess that proves you correct Bill...they really don't follow hockey!

Edit....I now have learned from their board (from a poster with 40,000 posts) that he thought the Islanders are ditching us and relocating out of town...

Last edited:

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Only point I would disagree on is Frans--he is far and away our best defensive forward and has played like it every night. If he only scores 5 more goals all year and does the defensive stuff, I am ok with that.

I'm fine with Frans, he is such a complete player. The line with Bailey and Grabo have been pretty silent for a number of games.
We should not be fooled by our scoring prowess, a lot of our goals have come from the defensemen so it covers up the lack of scoring from the forwards. JT has now scored a few but KO and Cool are two more that have not fond the net along with the Frans line.
Third line is doing fine to augment the defensemen scoring.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Can Tavares never take another faceoff for this team again? Yeaaaahhh that would be great!

Nyifan12

Oct 1, 2011
As predicted, a complete stinker, starting with the goaltender.

Also tomorrow is a good game to activate Grabner. Scratch Bailey or Cizikas.

If both Viz and Johnny B. are out, bring up Pulock to man the PP tomorrow. Its one thing to replace deHaan and Hickey for a game with Strait and Donovan. Its another to use those two guys as replacements for Viz and JB. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad