GDT: #23 New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens: Help Us, Baba Yetu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can I hear it somewhere?? Highlights are not from MSG

Here you go, just the OT winner where Steve goes ballistic.

I looked for it earlier, just so I could hear Steve again.

Couldn't find the Palmieri game tying goal on the MSG video though.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Great team comeback and win. I wasn't sure the hockey Gods wanted us to win, especially with that bogus first goal. After Friday's night's gave I say right back at you, ole, ole ole, ole to my French Canadian friends.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
That's what I mean.

It's more of the offensive wingers thing than the way they play.

It's the productive (young) winger that we haven't really had since Zach left.

Zach was still 27 years old the last he played for us, just 3 years older than Palms.

The Brunner joke I made was actually that Brunner did look like Parise for his first couple games with us. He had a similar battle level and hustle for a couple of those games, I made a post about how he reminded me of Zach after those games. I'm semi embarrassed for making them now after the way Brunner turned out, but I did legit see it for two measly games.

We've had some productive wingers since Zach left, only they were a little older like Cammalleri or way older like Jagr.

I agree 100%.

Although technically Zach left before Kovy did, and Kovy was older than Zach, so we could argue that Cammy is the new Kovy. Only one that is Sicilian rather than Siberian (and came a lot cheaper).

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Man can you imagine if Parise had a slap shot like the one Palmieri unloaded last night from the half boards. That was probably the only thing Zach didn't have.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I used to associate Cole as being ''The hockey announcer'' when I was a small child. I'm not Canadian, so he wasn't on my TV every week. But he has a voice that I will always associate with as THE hockey announcer and always did from the time I heard him.

He has such an old voice too, and I don't mean old because of his age. I mean more of an old time voice, like a commentator or television host you would hear back in the 50s or possibly earlier.

I do like the goal horn in Montreal, It sounds a lot like a European car horn that got stuck and won't go off. That goal song is pretty bad though.

I love Bob Cole, he'll always be the voice of the 95 cup for me. "..and Stevens..came..out..of..nowhere.."

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
good to see Larsson shooting a LOT out there. shame he got lost in the crease w/ the bouncing puck on the 2nd GA tho.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They're trying to sabotage Patty from having a point per game!:sarcasm:

So lame they still haven't added the assist. I was hoping they would this morning or sometime today. Last year they changed our goal from someone else to Josefson in that late season blowout at MSG. I forgot who originally got credit. Everyone knew it Joefson and they changed it the next morning.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I couldn't even celly the game winner I was laughing too hard at Steve going ballistic. I think he's a Devils fan :laugh:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't know if it's the fact the Devils have been poor for a few years now or what, but Saturday night was the fewest number of Devils fans I've seen in Montreal in years. Only a smattering of Devils fans in the entire building.

I did see a Devils fan with his son in the lower bowl not far from the glass who left after it was 2-0 Habs. File that one under, "Sporting Event Mistakes". They missed one of the best Devils comebacks in years.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I don't know if it's the fact the Devils have been poor for a few years now or what, but Saturday night was the fewest number of Devils fans I've seen in Montreal in years. Only a smattering of Devils fans in the entire building.

I did see a Devils fan with his son in the lower bowl not far from the glass who left after it was 2-0 Habs. File that one under, "Sporting Event Mistakes". They missed one of the best Devils comebacks in years.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Usually my rule of thumb is I don't leave early unless we're down 5 or more after two periods. I wound up leaving quite a few games early during the MacLean season cause multiple games hit that benchmark. I think the only other time I left early was when they got smacked down by the Caps last year and Ovechkin posterized whoever it was (Merrill?) on the third or fourth goal, there was just no life in the team as usual and it was the middle of the third period so I was done then.

And the Winter Classic game I left early too after the second but I was paranoid about my car not starting and getting snowed under, which wound up being the case :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Usually my rule of thumb is I don't leave early unless we're down 5 or more after two periods. I wound up leaving quite a few games early during the MacLean season cause multiple games hit that benchmark. I think the only other time I left early was when they got smacked down by the Caps last year and Ovechkin posterized whoever it was (Merrill?) on the third or fourth goal.

I left the stadium series game early after it turned into a laugher.

The cold and the Rags fans made it unbearable at that point. It was a great first and definitely would of gritted it out if it was close.

I can't think of a game at the Rock where I left early.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One of the only times I can remember almost leaving a game was right before the comeback against Toronto in 2010. Kovalchuk's first game as a Devil, if I'm remembering correctly.

I believe it was 4-2 Leafs or 3-1 Leafs at the time? We were down by 2 at the time, whatever the score was.

The team looked like ass all night, as well as many times in the 2010 calendar year and 2010 part of both the 09-10 and 10-11 seasons. They didn't look like they had a comeback left in them. We would usually never leave games early no matter what, but we were really hungry and wanted to get a head start home so we could go out to eat at this joint we loved, all the way near where I lived in Cliffside Park. Think it closed at 11:00 PM and we were trying to make it there early.

Well we were getting up and the goal to pull within one was scored right as we were walking up the step on the row above ours, then we immediately walked down one step. We got laughed at by a few people, but a lot of fans left early that night. Something tells me we were about to get hit with a huge snowstorm that next day too.

That was the only time I've contemplated leaving a game early, at least in adulthood and at a hockey/Devils game and when I was the transportation to the game. I have a feeling I might have left plenty of games these last few years if I still lived up there. I did stick around for all of the MacLean era clunkers somehow, that was my last season living up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad