'23-'24 Central Division Predictions

Where do the Jets finish in the Central?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Ehlers, Morrissey, Hellebuyck

(dammit, Nicolaj, play 80 games and PP1 and repay my faith in you!)
Ehlers hasn't received a single Hart vote in his career.

He's closer to being the Most Valuable Patient to our medical staff than the NHL's Most Valuable Player
IIRC the claim was that JMo's was one of the worst D contracts by the stats, in terms of The Model. Don't think he ever called him one of the league's worst D.

They've said a ton of times that the Jets are tricky because The Model has found their historical combo of high scoring, crap D and elite goaltending hard to make sense of and/ or gain predictive value from.

There's an argument that if The Model consistently can't account for outlier teams like the Jets, then it's a model that needs some tweaking.

The Jets outscoring and/or out-tending their roster unevenness and defensive woes has been a familiar and frustrating theme over the years.

"Middleness" sounds even worse than that.
It was also at a point in time he was performing bad. Most of the comments on this forum were echoing that during those seasons too. He's played better the past couple years and the stats seem to back that up.

Middling I think refers more to the group compared to the rest of the league. Offensively they've been below average the last couple years, but I do think they have potential to be around top-10. Defensively at 5v5 last season they're middle of the pack but were great on the PK. Middling compared to the rest of the league imo isn't to far off.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Ineffective Math has us at 10th in the NHL, 3rd in the Central with 95 pts. last year for reference they WPG at 16th.
1696779729637.png

Reactions: hockeyarena

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
JFreshHockey for this year

Last year for reference, they had us at 97 pts/3rd in Central

That's nice and all, but I see us in a fight with the Wild for 3rd. Dallas and Colorado well ahead. I'd be happy to be in the playoffs but not in a wild card spot.

Reactions: Heldig

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
That's nice and all, but I see us in a fight with the Wild for 3rd. Dallas and Colorado well ahead. I'd be happy to be in the playoffs but not in a wild card spot.
At the end of the day the games aren't played on paper or via projections. Players/teams underperform or overperform all the time, unexpected breakout players, injuries etc so much goes on over the course of a full year.

What I do take a bit of note is with using the same (or similar) criteria or methodologies as a basis or reference point - the Jets improved by 12 points in their predictions vs last year which would show roster improvement. They need to play the games to prove it right of course.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I have us as a wildcard team again, and a first round playoff exit.

I do like the team, but there are just holes in a game-to-game basis, and I don't really see us as a tough out in the playoffs, unless the team embraces their captain's playing style during the playoffs.

Reactions: rkp

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I always knew JFresh’s report card on players was crap, this proves it. I want to smoke what he smokes!
IMG_5016.gif

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
I picked 2nd.
With yesterdays blockbuster news and it being the very beginning of the season when hope seems eternal for all 32 teams 2nd sound good.
Just don't hold me to it.:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad