Rumor: 22-23 Reverse Retro 2.0 jersey will be a royal blue Buffaslug jersey...

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Screen-Shot-2018-09-05-at-5.13.28-pm.png

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
When the original "Buffaslug" was released, I did not hate it. The darker grey-blue color scheme was sharp.

The logo itself was kinda goofy, but the contrast of the darker color and more white inside the logo helped.

But This reworked logo on this lighter blue is just..... oooof.

Makes me think Adams has not gotten around to rehiring anyone in the product design department after the huge cutbacks of a couple of years ago

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
The two aren't mutually exclusive. Goathead is the alternate this season and beyond. Reverse retro is a 4th jersey that will only be worn for 3-4 games.

I'm so confused so forgive my ignorance but is Goathead going to include the original color scheme, or just that BS with the Goathead on our normal colors?

I was talking to a friend from Colorado about them wearing their old Nordiques/Avs mashups just the other day and he said the Sabres should wear the red and black since it represents when the team was good.

I guess he forgot about the couple years when we had the Slug, but point still stands. Those red and black Goathead jerseys were symbolic of a period where I thought we contended.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm so confused so forgive my ignorance but is Goathead going to include the original color scheme, or just that BS with the Goathead on our normal colors?

I was talking to a friend from Colorado about them wearing their old Nordiques/Avs mashups just the other day and he said the Sabres should wear the red and black since it represents when the team was good.

I guess he forgot about the couple years when we had the Slug, but point still stands. Those red and black Goathead jerseys were symbolic of a period where I thought we contended.

The reports are that it will be a throwback Black/Red/Silver/White AGH uniform as an alternate jersey for this season.

If everything works out the way the reports to date point to, the Sabres will have 4 uniforms this season:

Royal Blue Home
Royal Blue Away
Alternate Throwback Black/Red/Silver/White AGH
Reverse Retro 2.0 TBD

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

So, I don't say this lightly, as the Sabres have had a history of ugly ass jerseys.

But a blue and gold goat head is quite possibly the ugliest Sabres jersey of all time.

The Goat head was an ugly jersey. But the white/silver/black worked with the red/black/white jerseys.

I don't care what shade of Blue/Yellow you use, it's not going to mesh with the Black/Silver/White/red eye goat head. There's no meshing the two concepts in a way that is going to be pleasing to the eyes.

Reactions: kirby11

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Give the design process for alternate/retro Sabres jerseys up to artistic folks in/around Sabres Twitter and you'd have multiple better options available to you in a matter of days compared to whatever the nitwits on their design team and/or the Pegula fail kids come up with

Much prefer the 50s Bison bottle cap, or why not go further back?

The slug must never be revived

271eabeeb44a471e142d030080ce9cf6
50s bottle cap would've been dope. Surprised they didn't go for it for potential crossover with Bills merch given the colors, but I doubt anyone made that connection

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Give the design process for alternate/retro Sabres jerseys up to artistic folks in/around Sabres Twitter and you'd have multiple better options available to you in a matter of days compared to whatever the nitwits on their design team and/or the Pegula fail kids come up with

50s bottle cap would've been dope. Surprised they didn't go for it for potential crossover with Bills merch given the colors, but I doubt anyone made that connection

Can't stand the bottle cap but just hate Pepsi in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad