GDT: #22 – Predators at Sabres – Wed Nov 25, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Of course Hodgson gets the GWG. Didn't deserve the win, happy they didn't get it. They need to work on these things

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Just when you think it can't get worse you remember Mike Weber is going to come back

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
For what?

You can't play the goalies physically, at all. He dove on a play that was guaranteed contact with the goalie who already had the puck. Not much different than the Lucic hit, except with more flare.

It's not with the same malice as Lucic by any stretch, but by the rulebook

Rule 69.2 Penalty - In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate).

I suppose one could try to wriggle around intentional or deliberate, but it sure seemed like deliberate contact to me. The fact that he is making an attempted play on the puck is irrelevant.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You can't play the goalies physically, at all. He dove on a play that was guaranteed contact with the goalie who already had the puck. Not much different than the Lucic hit, except with more flare.

Rule 69.2 Penalty - In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate).

I suppose one could try to wriggle around intentional or deliberate, but it sure seemed like deliberate contact to me. The fact that he is making an attempted play on the puck is irrelevant.

You weren't watching closely.

Foligno had already dove before Hutton got to the puck.

That was not a penalty.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Is there any chance that Gionta is getting the ice time because Bylsma believes that he will eventually wear out and take a couple of weeks off? Or maybe greater ice time means greater odds of being injured and taking an extended hiatus. Maybe Bylsma is an evil genius that thinks deeper than we can imagine.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Hutton did not have possession of the puck when Foligno commited to diving for it. Try again.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
You weren't watching closely.

Foligno had already dove before Hutton got to the puck.

That was not a penalty.

You are not reading the rule. It doesn't matter. Even if we say he didn't technically have it, tho it was super obvious we was going to win the race, the rule states you cannot intentionally have physical contact. His action, diving directly at the goalie, while going for the puck, is still intentional contact with the goalie.

You used to be able to make a physical play on the goalie, like they were a skater, outside of the crease. That is no longer the case. At least according to their own rulebook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad