GDT: #21 Devils at Flames 10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
that really doesnt make it any better

We lost to a very good team on the tail end of a back to back with Clemmer in goal.

How doesn't it make it better?

Most of the board predicted 0 out of 4 points this weekend. We ended with 3 out of 4.

We get a point in Vancouver and this was a successful road trip. Numbers don't lie.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Severson needs to take a seat. His play has ranged from sub-par to awful the last little while.

Greene needs to play with Larsson. I just don't see how it hasn't happened. They've played well together before, Greene is clearly struggling, and quite frankly with Merrill out and Severson struggling Larsson is the defacto best defenseman on the team.

Completely disagree.

He has been fine. Just not the all-world player he was the first several games which he was clearly playing over his head. He still is very valuable all-around defender. There's a reason he plays the most minutes, third most on the PK, and that him and Larsson were trusted killing off the 4-on-3 at the end of the game with Greene in the box.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
it doesnt make it better because the game was won and we(once again)choked it away.

enough silver lining crap, this team isnt good enough to throw away points

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
it doesnt make it better because the game was won and we(once again)choked it away.

enough silver lining crap, this team isnt good enough to throw away points

Bad bounce and one bad play and Clemmer playing the one play poorly that we expected all night from him. Yet we still scored 4 and got a point.

Jets game was a game to be fed up with. Not this one.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This game is in Canada right? The ice is crap. Puck bouncing all over the place.

lights and glare really showcased from my seat.......looked like ****, especially at the begining of the periods....... garbage

fun times.......as usual fans tell me to shut up

'that fine'

ill talk more......

saddledome, when else will i get to see the team here?

leafs in toronto is my next adventure

sheep hate i big time

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
lights and glare really showcased from my seat.......lookout like ****, especially at the begining of the periods....... garbage

fun times.......as usual fans tell me to shut up

'that fine'

ill talk more......

saddledome, when else will i get to see the team here?

Aren't they having unseasonably warm temps over there? Don't knke what to do when it's warm haha.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Bad bounce and one bad play and Clemmer playing the one play poorly that we expected all night from him. Yet we still scored 4 and got a point.

Jets game was a game to be fed up with. Not this one.

It's a theme that's been all too common over the last couple years, so I get all the frustration. I was just as pissed watching the game earlier. Now that I've cooled down it doesn't bother me quite as much. It still sucks, but it's not the worst loss. I'd rather lose one like this than to have a game where the team doesn't even bother to show up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's a theme that's been all too common over the last couple years, so I get all the frustration. I was just as pissed watching the game earlier. Now that I've cooled down it doesn't bother me quite as much. It still sucks, but it's not the worst loss. I'd rather lose one like this than to have a game where the team doesn't even bother to show up.

Jets game still pisses me off more then this.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Looking back on it. I'm not impressed with Clemmer. He made big saves but it seemed more luck then skill.

He consistantly looked off balance and was fighting it all night. Final two goals were off rebounds of initial saves. He was begging all night for the flames to crash the net and make his shakiness pay. Defense can't do all the work (they blocked a good amount of shot attempts). He has to make some clean saves at the end and cover up or push them out of harms way.

He isn't the the lone cause but his play was a part of the reason we lost. (Jagr's dumb pass is still the biggest and eferyone not keeping the puck at the boards at least was also a problem)

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
So they blew a 2 goal lead with a couple of minutes to goal with an empty net. Glad I didn't stay up for this crap.

It doesn't matter if it's Calgary, LA or the Sabres. 2 goal lead with an empty net yet they can't get the W. Shameful. But hey it's not like this has been a recurring theme since 2011 with these blown leads. Oh wait...

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
WHY IS THE BOZO BENCHING ADAM LARSSON FOR ZIDLICKY THE LAST COUPLE OF SHIFTS IN THE THIRD PERIOD???? He is drivning me crazy!!!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ahahahahahaha this ****ing team... not even a little surprised they blew the lead, just par for the course. But extra points for giving up 2 in the last few minutes, adds some more flare to the ****show

Sidenote: Did a gif of that Clemmer shrug after the first goal appear yet?

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
WHY IS THE BOZO BENCHING ADAM LARSSON FOR ZIDLICKY THE LAST COUPLE OF SHIFTS IN THE THIRD PERIOD???? He is drivning me crazy!!!

What are you talking about, Larsson was on the ice for the last shift with a one-goal lead. Maybe he missed a shift or two before that which is puzzling but they were running 5 D for most of the third period so the rotation was going to be a little wonky, but that's almost looking for something to complain about considering Larsson played 22 minutes total last night.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
What are you talking about, Larsson was on the ice for the last shift with a one-goal lead. Maybe he missed a shift or two before that which is puzzling but they were running 5 D for most of the third period so the rotation was going to be a little wonky, but that's almost looking for something to complain about considering Larsson played 22 minutes total last night.

Go look at the shift chart. I've already explained this and this is why Deboer needs to be fired. Larsson was benched after the PK which was around 14min mark. He wouldn't have seen the ice again if CGY hadn't scored.

This is why Deboer needs to be fired. Literally our best shutdown defenseman benched in the final 5 mins and then trotted out in the final minute like "oops I forgot you were there" as Deboer set the team up for failure. Note he gets sent out with Andy Greene who had played nearly 4 of the final 5 mins in the game.

Great job Deboer!

Some folks keep saying it's the players but it's not. The coach keeps setting them up to fail by overusing certain guys and underutilizing others.

Kind of how Kovy almost died playing here 30 mins a night.

GDDevils*

Go look at the shift chart. I've already explained this and this is why Deboer needs to be fired. Larsson was benched after the PK which was around 14min mark. He wouldn't have seen the ice again if CGY hadn't scored.

This is why Deboer needs to be fired. Literally our best shutdown defenseman benched in the final 5 mins and then trotted out in the final minute like "oops I forgot you were there" as Deboer set the team up for failure. Note he gets sent out with Andy Greene who had played nearly 4 of the final 5 mins in the game.

Great job Deboer!

Some folks keep saying it's the players but it's not. The coach keeps setting them up to fail by overusing certain guys and underutilizing others.

Kind of how Kovy almost died playing here 30 mins a night.

This!

Greene played way too much in the third. He was clearly gassed on the third goal. Looked a little off on the fourth as well.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
That miscue by Jagr at the end of regulation is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with this team. Stupid mistake by a veteran player at a crucial time.

The amount of turnovers this team makes on a nightly basis is absurd. And nearly every player is guilty of it. (Although Zajac, Elias, and Jagr are probably the worst offenders). Stringing multiple tape-to-tape passes together is also something this team seems unable to do. When your players are slower than average, crisp clean passing is how you negate the lack of speed.

None of this sloppy play that we see night in and night out is on the coach?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I knew the second Jagr made that pass they would tie it. More than anything, it's the turnovers that drive me crazy.

Same here, I said "what a stupid pass", but I catch myself saying that dozens of times during games.

That boneheaded decision cost us a point last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad