GDT: #21 Devils at Flames 10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
Why should we trust Gelly? Seriously? He hasn't played well for a while now. Why should he get OT time?

If you can't trust Gelly then here comes Peter Harold. And without Gels v Edmonton there maybe we lose in a shootout, lol.

Why trust Greene when he went -4?

The OT really isn't a big deal though it's how the team got there. And once there they are always at a disadvantage because Deboer doesn't trust half the team. He isn't using players correctly. I.e. Why is the wrong Gionta in the NHL, on the Devils, and on the ice to protect leads, and playing center??? LOL

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
No thanks on putting Elias in the shootout. Tired of seeing his fake forehand, go backhand, I refuse to lift the puck, move.

I was actually excited to not see him in the shootout.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
If you can't trust Gelly then here comes Peter Harold. And without Gels v Edmonton there maybe we lose in a shootout there, lol.

The OT really isn't a big deal though it's how the team got there. And once there they are always at a disadvantage because Deboer doesn't trust half the team. He isn't using players correctly. I.e. Why is the wrong Gionta in the NHL, on the Devils, and on the ice to protect leads, and playing center??? LOL

Merril will be taking his spot more than likely. I'm sure Harrold was only brought up as insurance during this road trip.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Josefson, who everybody wants in the shootout, loses the puck. Cammalleri scores. Henrique, who had played a pretty good game, loses the puck. You can debate the Zajac pick, but the way this night went it probably wouldn't have mattered. Ryder would have just hit the post or some other ********.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
If you can't trust Gelly then here comes Peter Harold. And without Gels v Edmonton there maybe we lose in a shootout, lol.

Jesus Christ, was he really THAT bad tonight? That's absolutely inexcusable from a supposed veteran leader. Garbage.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
At this point, I really don't care who plays or not.

The apathy is now at an all-time high for me for this team.

I'm really no longer interested in watching any more Devils games this year. It's come to that point.

If it wasn't for the fun this board provides me during games, I wouldn't watch either

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Because Gelly has been **** for more then a few games now and Greene is our number 1 Dman no matter how you want to spin it.

Jon Merrill will come in for Gely and we will be better for it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jesus Christ, was he really THAT bad tonight? That's absolutely inexcusable from a supposed veteran leader. Garbage.

Greene wasn't -4, he was just on the ice for all four goals against. One of them on the PK, and he wasn't on for any of the goals scored. So he was a -3. And played 30:24.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
shootout choices are based mostly on gut feelings anyway, no reason to overanalyze them.

Agreed. If Zajac scores it becomes a great choice. No point in over-analyzing something with that sort of dynamic.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ

He wasn't that bad. Is everyone serious with that? A puck deflected off the goalie, hit off of Greene's leg, and went in. There was nothing he could do about that. He also took a penalty with 40 sec left in ot. But it wasn't really of any consequence. That all happened with under 3 min left and after. He played fine today.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
At this point, I really don't care who plays or not.

The apathy is now at an all-time high for me for this team.

I'm really no longer interested in watching any more Devils games this year. It's come to that point.

I really, really do not mean to single you out, but this fan base is spoiled. Not saying we should be complacent with mediocrity, but this team is not nearly that horrible or mathematically on its way to elimination at this point of the season to be tuning out already.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Agreed. If Zajac scores it becomes a great choice. No point in over-analyzing something with that sort of dynamic.

You want to complain about the shootout complain about the bad ice and the NHL for getting rid of shootout scrapes.

JJ and Henrique didn't lose the puck on their own fault.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I really, really do not mean to single you out, but this fan base is spoiled. Not saying we should be complacent with mediocrity, but this team is not nearly that horrible or mathematically on its way to elimination at this point of the season to be tuning out already.

You'd think they were the Sabres or Oilers with the mood around here this season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like DiPietro on hockey night live. Hope he's a regular.

He called it like it is on our game.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
holy **** that girl on the Islanders broadcasts is HOT. We'll probably get her in 15 years.

Sorry, I know that was off topic. Carry on :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad