GDT: #21 11/25 Blue Jackets at Devils - Patty's return

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfc

Apr 7, 2004
Then the Columbus player shoots it into the corner.

Absolutely not. Gelinas bounced the puck off the boards. The Columbus player did not hit it. The puck doesn't even go to the corner, it crosses the face off circle. That's how you know Gelinas hit it.

jfc

Apr 7, 2004
I saw it. The puck is behind the col. players stick until it bounces off the boards and toward the faceoff dot.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
He was ok for the first time back. Seemed to keep pace with the game pretty well, although I do not know what his TOI was by the end.

Think I saw it was 14-15 minutes and from the few shifts I saw of his he seemed to be taking it a little conservatively which is understandable as the first couple of games back still take a little bit getting used to the flow of things again.

With his return and Kennedy likely to follow, hopefully we can get some consistent production out of them which will push out the guys that haven't done much. Elias I'm not so concerned with, but Kennedy is somewhat of a question mark. I can't imagine he is a worse option than a few guys we have had in on a nightly basis though.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Absolutely not. Gelinas bounced the puck off the boards. The Columbus player did not hit it. The puck doesn't even go to the corner, it crosses the face off circle. That's how you know Gelinas hit it.

Just watched the stream several times. It was all Gellinas, but #4 on Columbus put on a good fake and the linesmen bought it.

How can you not see it was Campbell that hit the puck?

I don't know why I'm doing this but here goes:

It's hard to see the puck here but it is on the end of Campbell's stick. This is the best screenshot I could get that shows the puck on Campbell's stick
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%2012.54.30%20PM.png

This is Campbell following through with the puck, take a good note where Gelinas stick is -- nowhere near the puck
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%2012.54.44%20PM.png

Again, look at Gelinas' stick, nowhere near the puck and the puck is already in the air and into the corner.
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%2012.54.58%20PM.png

Lastly, this is a bit later on and it shows the puck clearly in the air and behind Gelinas' stick before Gelinas swats at the puck which makes it seemed like he hit it.
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%201.03.40%20PM.png

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Just give it up Zippy, people want to believe what they want to. At this point it's so clear cut that if they still refuse there's nothing you can do.

**** happens, tough loss. We had a terrible 1st but a good 2nd and 3rd period where we could have scored multiple times if we got a little more puck luck. I think we ended the night with what, 4 posts?

Camille the Eel

But that first period had to be the most depressing for this fan of the entire season. We sucked without a redeeming virtue. And as it turned out, that was one of the big reasons we lost the game.

We seem have a great deal of trouble against physical clubs who jump us down low. We are better off against skating teams - Vancouver, Chicago (amazingly) - but when a club gets physical with us deep in our zone, it seems like we don't handle it. The first period in Calgary, Ditto.

And to watch Tortorella grinning through it made it not a fun game.

I did admire Hynes upbeat attitude after the game. We're only 20 or 21 games in. It's so early and he's got to sell the keep improving mantra.

How long before we decide to bring Schlemko back? He handles pressure better than Gelly.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
But that first period had to be the most depressing for this fan of the entire season. We sucked without a redeeming virtue. And as it turned out, that was one of the big reasons we lost the game.

We seem have a great deal of trouble against physical clubs who jump us down low. We are better off against skating teams - Vancouver, Chicago (amazingly) - but when a club gets physical with us deep in our zone, it seems like we don't handle it. The first period in Calgary, Ditto.

And to watch Tortorella grinning through it made it not a fun game.

I did admire Hynes upbeat attitude after the game. We're only 20 or 21 games in. It's so early and he's got to sell the keep improving mantra.

How long before we decide to bring Schlemko back? He handles pressure better than Gelly.

I don't think that's just a shtick he's saying just to say it, he truly believes the team can get better each day. Even the players have said as much, as Hynes really emphasizes players improving each day at practice. Even if it's something small. I like that attitude, I think it's contagious and I think it bodes well for the whole team moving forward. Especially with all the young guys on the team now, and the guys coming up in the next few seasons.

Obviously there are a few things he's done that I disagree with but that's natural. Overall I think he's one of the best coaches we could have gotten for the direction the team is moving.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Last night's officials:

Refs: Jean Hebert, Graham Skilliter
Linesmen: Steve Miller, Brian Murphy

Did an awful job last night.

How did 4 of them miss the Murray elbow.

Last edited:

Camille the Eel

I don't think that's just a shtick he's saying just to say it, he truly believes the team can get better each day. Even the players have said as much, as Hynes really emphasizes players improving each day at practice. Even if it's something small. I like that attitude, I think it's contagious and I think it bodes well for the whole team moving forward. Especially with all the young guys on the team now, and the guys coming up in the next few seasons.

Obviously there are a few things he's done that I disagree with but that's natural. Overall I think he's one of the best coaches we could have gotten for the direction the team is moving.

For sure agree completely and I also love the job Hynes is doing. And when you think of it he's the diametric opposite of Torts - a guy who always criticizes his players in public instead of just trying to improve them.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
How can you not see it was Campbell that hit the puck?

I don't know why I'm doing this but here goes:

It's hard to see the puck here but it is on the end of Campbell's stick. This is the best screenshot I could get that shows the puck on Campbell's stick
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%2012.54.30%20PM.png

This is Campbell following through with the puck, take a good note where Gelinas stick is -- nowhere near the puck
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%2012.54.44%20PM.png

Again, look at Gelinas' stick, nowhere near the puck and the puck is already in the air and into the corner.
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%2012.54.58%20PM.png

Lastly, this is a bit later on and it shows the puck clearly in the air and behind Gelinas' stick before Gelinas swats at the puck which makes it seemed like he hit it.
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%201.03.40%20PM.png

Just look at the stick tape. All of NJD players have white stick tape there. Campbells is black. A stick with black tape cleared the puck. End of story.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
For sure agree completely and I also love the job Hynes is doing. And when you think of it he's the diametric opposite of Torts - a guy who always criticizes his players in public instead of just trying to improve them.

Hynes has done well so far.

I would like to see him have a few more competent forwards to work with as well.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Hynes deserves a ton of credit for taking a roster with expansion team level talent and squeezing as much out of them as possible.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Hynes deserves a ton of credit for taking a roster with expansion team level talent and squeezing as much out of them as possible.

I agree. It's Thanksgiving and I still think the Devils have a shot at the playoffs (at least we aren't out of the picture yet). I'm grateful for that. I didn't think we'd be saying that at the start of the season, to be honest. For the most part, this season has been a pleasant surprise for me. There are some moments of frustration, but overall, it's been very positive for me as a fan so far this year, and you can see signs of building toward more future success as well.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
So now you've named the 4 individuals that made the proper decision...which is exactly what we want the refs to do.

All 4 missed the Murray elbow somehow.

Along with an awful job all night with penalty calls and non calls.

I am in the midst of preparing a letter to the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad