GDT: #21 11/25 Blue Jackets at Devils - Patty's return

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hynes deserves a ton of credit for taking a roster with expansion team level talent and squeezing as much out of them as possible.

I don't know about that, we've got an all world goalie with talented D and a couple of skilled forwards.

Hynes definitely deserves praise, but let's not pretend we're the '70's Capitals. We have a pretty solid foundation.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
All 4 missed the Murray elbow somehow.

Along with an awful job all night with penalty calls and non calls.

I am in the midst of preparing a letter to the league.

I'm willing to wager you didn't see the elbow until a replay.

And you'll realize if there were "non calls" that went against the Devils then there were "non calls" that went against Columbus.

Our PP was awful last night anyway so we didn't lose because we didn't get a PP on the elbow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't know about that, we've got an all world goalie with talented D and a couple of skilled forwards.

Hynes definitely deserves praise, but let's not pretend we're the '70's Capitals. We have a pretty solid foundation.

Talent = forward skill to some people. I really don't know when defensemen and goaltenders became marginalized in terms of importance but it is around here.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Player gets a vicious elbow to the face, is injured on the ice, and 4 blind mice missed it.

Great work by that crew.

My letter will be detailed.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Too bad a linesman didn't tell one of them.:laugh:

LMAO Bleed!

On to Montreal we go.

**news just in
The linesman who worked the 1999 Finals just told the ref that Hull's skate was in the crease.
They are going to nullify the goal and resume play on Saturday.

Last edited:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I agree. It's Thanksgiving and I still think the Devils have a shot at the playoffs (at least we aren't out of the picture yet). I'm grateful for that. I didn't think we'd be saying that at the start of the season, to be honest. For the most part, this season has been a pleasant surprise for me. There are some moments of frustration, but overall, it's been very positive for me as a fan so far this year, and you can see signs of building toward more future success as well.

It's the perfect start to the rebuild, no expectations but they're learning to win hockey games consistently while developing younger talent. Exactly what the doctor ordered for year one of this project.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Ya saying we are expansion level talent is really hyperbolic.

Same feeling. I don't know when defense and goaltending suddenly stopped mattering around here and that the only way to be a talented team is to have two or three McDavids at forward. Rest is dime a dozen who cares apparently, not important or needed apparently.

Guess that is why the Oilers have been so successful the past 7 years.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's the perfect start to the rebuild, no expectations but they're learning to win hockey games consistently while developing younger talent. Exactly what the doctor ordered for year one of this project.

Pretty much. Can't really be any happier with the way this season has started. Blandisi doing well in the the AHL and Zacha gaining confidence in Sarnia are good signs too.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Yeah. I think it's important to the rebuild to get these wins because it builds confidence in young players and shows that our young players really can be important building blocks for a successful team down the line, but for this year, the expectations aren't high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad