2025-26 NTDP U17 Team Selection

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
The BJE kids seemed to improve quite a bit over the prep season playing against older competition. Sears is really skilled.

It has been SSM, Mount, and BJE as the top 3 since the beginning of the season. Between those 3 anybody can win.
Agreed. It would take a huge upset for anyone else to win it all.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
The BJE kids seemed to improve quite a bit over the prep season playing against older competition. Sears is really skilled.

It has been SSM, Mount, and BJE as the top 3 since the beginning of the season. Between those 3 anybody can win.
Ya I like Sears game a lot. He was a little awkward earlier in the year but I attributed it moreso to growing and being a bit lanky. He's a really good skater, great edgework. He's a pretty heady player, sees the ice really well. Im excited to see how he develops

Not surprised to see them do well out there. It happens a lot at the U14 and U15 level when prep kids come back from playing varsity against older competition and play well at the midget level especially now with how they basically have the same coach and line throughout. Looks like they'll probably play Shattuck if they beat Pitt, will be a fun game

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010

Welp, there goes the BJE run. Lost 5-1 to Penguins off a huge 3rd period from Pitt. Would be pretty surprising not to see a MSC vs Shattuck finals

Reactions: clevelandcane

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Welp, there goes the BJE run. Lost 5-1 to Penguins off a huge 3rd period from Pitt. Would be pretty surprising not to see a MSC vs Shattuck finals
Saw that, at the 14u level anything can happen. Although they lack the star power Pitt and MF are both solid teams who can play with anyone.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Mount and SSM won the 14U semis and will play tomorrow at 11:30 est. Based on my three days of watching the tournament here are the kids who stuck out.

Forwards
Pelosi, Cover, Scuderi from Mount. Gualberto of course but not quite as much.
Sung, Fitzhenry and Grubb line was humming and all are fantastic. Also, loved Boone Chartier's game as well.
For BJE - see above... basically Sears, Meyer, Coveluzzi and Warsofsky
Pens - didn't see a lot but the Sargo twins are fun to watch
Florida Alliance - Daley, Milojevic and Fernandez
BK was Scantleburry of course

DSEHC - the shorter kid named Brown was electric

HB, MF, Sioux Falls and the Chicago kids I didn't see too much of

Top 6
Pelosi, Sung, Sears
Cover, Coveluzzi and Fitzhenry

Defense
Good gravy the SSM D is Loaded with a capital 'L'. Dessner is Mr. Calm. D Gut has the O skills, Roscoe is HUGE. They're all fantastic.

I did like Gomez's game for the Reapers but only saw him once.

The Mount kids are all solid as well. Yakub is the best but Berard is close. He played with more O than I remember from earlier viewings.

Top 4 (admittedly I watched the forwards a lot more)
Roscoe/Yakub
Dessner/Gutierrez

Goalies... I honestly can't tell at this level. The kid Chizik from Mount has the size and the demeanor. Most of these kids are very good but the size is so different at the stage than where they're going to end up.

Reactions: BKarchitect

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Forgot to mention my favorite line of the tournament. Keep in mind I focused on the top seeded teams as I had to choose who to watch at every time slot.

Tie between SSM's 8/9/10 line or 14/16/18. I love Chartier's game (8) but having Zaporzan/Haffer and Dicanzolo together was fire. I mean these three are all go all the time.

Anyone seen these kids and thoughts?

Reactions: BKarchitect

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
The championship game is about to begin. It's available on USA hockey TV and Pete Krupsky (NTDP) is calling the game. Should be fun!

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Fun final, 2-1 OT win for Mount. Shattuck tied the game with 50 seconds left in the 3rd. Game could have gone either way.

Pelosi Scuderi Cover were the top guys from Mount. Gutierrez and Sung top from Shattuck. Both goalies were exceptional.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad