2025-26 NTDP U17 Team Selection

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Is it too early to start discussing players for the 2025-26 NTDP U17 team?

Here are some potential players that I think could have a chance at making the team. A lot will change:

Goaltenders

Defensemen

Forwards

Last edited:
Reactions: JiggsNY

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s sound like Pelosi is the guy everyone expects to be the next star.

Besides him, who are the main players? Daley seems to be another that is talked about a lot. Anyone else?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Brody Berard is Bryan’s nephew. Had to look it up, I figured some relation given the name and Rhode Island birthplace and Mt St Charles academy.

If he’s even half as good as his uncle, he could be one to watch!

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I loveall the Mount kids of course. I also thought Freddie Schnei was impressive at the MN tournament. I Iam excited to see the SSM kids at Patty's. I'm also hoping the kid named Enzo make it so announcers have to pronounce that last name.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Brody Berard is Bryan’s nephew. Had to look it up, I figured some relation given the name and Rhode Island birthplace and Mt St Charles academy.

If he’s even half as good as his uncle, he could be one to watch!
Berard's nephew is very good, just not as offensive as his uncle but more well rounded focused in his playstyle. Really good skater, really good first pass, smart, he's a good shout no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 kids from that Mount team end up invited to NTDP camp next year. Pelosi and Berard are locks imo. Wouldn't be shocked to see any of of Scuderi, Guadalberto, Cover and Yakub end up invited as well

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
How about a few names I've heard about in Thaddeus McMahon, Nolan Snyder, Kaiden Aucoin, Drew Roscoe, Nathaniel Chizik,

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
The other names to keep an eye on out east who I saw play earlier this year are the trio of Carter Meyer, Finn Sears and Sam Pandolfo who all play on the Jr Eagles and Rivers School. They're going to be very dangerous at Nationals this year coming off a full year playing prep

Reactions: William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The other names to keep an eye on out east who I saw play earlier this year are the trio of Carter Meyer, Finn Sears and Sam Pandolfo who all play on the Jr Eagles and Rivers School. They're going to be very dangerous at Nationals this year coming off a full year playing prep

Damn, getting to the age where I may start following what Jay Pandolfo's kid is doing.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
The consensus out of Quebec is that Joseph seems to be ahead of Scantlebury, and I’d be surprised if Pelosi isn’t ahead of Scantlebury as well.
I questioned about 10 2009 born defensemen throughout the NE loop about who is harder to defend, Scantlebury or Pelosi? Majority said Scantlebury but that is only one piece to the puzzle about who is the better player.

I also have Yakub and McMahon over Guttierrez but I have not watched Shattuck play all season besides the game against Mount so maybe he has improved.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Wonder who will be the first USNDTP legacy (father and son both part of the program)

I just noticed that Ryan Kesler's son is playing in the 13O Tier 1 National Championships. No idea if he's any good, just saw he had 3 points in their opening game, a 13-0 win.

Crazy that members of our first WJC winning team now have kids a couple years away from NTDP consideration if they're any good.

Last edited:

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I've watched the games here at Natty's and that Boston team is going to be a rough out. The best three based on rankings and the eye test are indeed SSM, Mount and Boston.

The Eagles play a rough and tumble game. I would not want to face them right now. Meyer, Sears, Warsofsky, Coveluzzi, and Pandolfo are all really strong, aggressive, confident players and are humming right now.

Glad others share my opinion on Sears. I've only watched him twice (once more today) but he's been the best player I've laid eyes on over the last two days. No idea how his game progresses, but for now he's top tier.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I've watched the games here at Natty's and that Boston team is going to be a rough out. The best three based on rankings and the eye test are indeed SSM, Mount and Boston.

The Eagles play a rough and tumble game. I would not want to face them right now. Meyer, Sears, Warsofsky, Coveluzzi, and Pandolfo are all really strong, aggressive, confident players and are humming right now.

Glad others share my opinion on Sears. I've only watched him twice (once more today) but he's been the best player I've laid eyes on over the last two days. No idea how his game progresses, but for now he's top tier.
The BJE kids seemed to improve quite a bit over the prep season playing against older competition. Sears is really skilled.

It has been SSM, Mount, and BJE as the top 3 since the beginning of the season. Between those 3 anybody can win.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad