Prospect Info: 2024 WJC Preliminary Discussion

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Ludwinski may yet make that team. They’re only rostering 12 forwards for now in the hope that they get Benson or Poitras (neither is particularly likely). They’ll probably add one of the cuts back
I understand that Paul should be considered the front runner for the 13th F spot. We'd miss him in Kingston, but fingers crossed he gets the WJC chance.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
USA will announce its cuts tomorrow.

Nazar is the only one of the Hawks 4 that's really a lock. Rinzel, Moore and Hayes will all have to sweat it out.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
USA will announce its cuts tomorrow.

Nazar is the only one of the Hawks 4 that's really a lock. Rinzel, Moore and Hayes will all have to sweat it out.
Agreed.

I'm guessing Rinzel has the best chance of the three. He gives the right side some size and his skating won't be an issue on a bigger ice surface. He takes a regular rotation on the PK at Minnesota which may benefit slotting him in the 3rd position at right D. He can also serve as a PP backup to Hutson and Casey.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Was a bad pick the minute it happened.

We don't know why he was cut and being on a world junior team (for any country) or not is not a predictive measure of future success regardless.

I thought Felcman looked pretty decent in the rookie tournament considering I knew nothing about him in the draft.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think there is a chance that both Moore and Hayes get cut.

I think Rinzel makes it.
There's a chance, but they have two forward cuts to make and I would say there's a good chance Carey Terrance and William Whitelaw (both 05s) are one or both of them. There's also question marks on if they'd bring James Hagens (late birthday '06, not eligible until 2025 draft) along if they're not planning a big role for him. Maybe they bring him as a 13th that they could inject into the top of the lineup in a spot of need, but I don't think they'd bring him just to sit at the end of the bench.

All in all, Moore AND Hayes both getting cut would feel like a bit of a gut punch with the options they have to cut, I'll hazard a speculative guess that Moore is brought and Hayes is left off (and maybe the designated injury replacement).

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
We don't know why he was cut and being on a world junior team (for any country) or not is not a predictive measure of future success regardless.

I thought Felcman looked pretty decent in the rookie tournament considering I knew nothing about him in the draft.
When you’re a third round pick and a country like Czechia, you’re expected to make the team.

Reactions: Pez68

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
The US is bringing two extra bodies that won't be part of the active roster in case of injury. We'll see who they designate for non-roster.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Yes big testament to Hayes to make it without having been part of the USNDTP or called up for the Under-18s and all three Hayes brothers operating outside of the USA hockey system (his older brother Avery won an OHL championship as an overage player last season with the Peterborough Petes and younger brother Travis is a rookie for the Soo Greyhounds. There is also a fourth brother who is only 14).

No doubt Hayes ability to project well into a fourth line role earned him a spot.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We got Celebrini playing
Celebrini has a lot of heavy lifting to do.

For some reason Canada decided they just didn't need their best players this year?

Where's Cristall? Firkus? Who the f*** Owen Allard?

Team Canada is lucky they had the GOAT to carry them last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad