OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Well there goes JPJ....

813315.gif

Reactions: usiel

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Marginally. But this board is obsessed with just plugging in a draft pick into our biggest holes without any sense for what our actual board looks like.
we didn't have to reach to fill a need and they were equal value as the guy we took

Last edited:

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
They were unable to get any of the top tackles and now the corners are flying off the shelf. I’d be nervous running out Daniels and Wylie as the starting tackles. Good luck Jayden

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Marginally. But this board is obsessed with just plugging in a draft pick into our biggest holes without any sense for what our actual board looks like.
They better hit because right know it’s looking like a weak minded quantity over quality approach in round 2…

Should trade down and own the entire seventh round IMO.
Right?! We can eventually get some BPAs in the 7th for sure!

Reactions: hotpaws

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
They better hit because right know it’s looking like a weak minded quantity over quality approach in round 2…

"they better hit" also applies to drafting the CBs. Whats more likely to hit, the DT rated universally as a mid first, or the CBs who were late firsts and slid? We don't really know, but we do know they'll hit on about 25 percent of the picks overall. Expecting them to hit on all of them is unrealistic. But I know you already knew that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve got my eye on 2 LBs, a WR, and O-line…

"they better hit" also applies to drafting the CBs. Whats more likely to hit, the DT rated universally as a mid first, or the CBs who were late firsts and slid? We don't really know, but we do know they'll hit on about 25 percent of the picks overall. Expected them to hit on all of them is unrealistic. But I know you already knew that.
We had two relatively high 2nds….good teams turn those into starters. Hell yes I expect them to hit. This ain’t the old impotent regime.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad