OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Third Post!

victory-apocalypse-now.gif

Reactions: Neil Racki

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Excellent deep-dive on specific elements of the 49ers' approach to the draft that we can look forward to seeing with Peters in place. Also reinforces that Harris knows WTF he is doing, with the first hire of Shen presaging the hire of Peters.

Night and day from the jack-assery of the last quarter century.

I am so effing excited I can't stand it!

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Can't wait for the next piece to fall into place. Hoping for Johnson or Macdonald. Then pulling for Maye and praying we don't trade away years of picks for Williams. Bad vibes.

Reactions: TCB

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
While I’m excited to have a big boy in the house, keep in mind the 49ers drafted Trey Lance. Purdy was likely an accident. So it’s conceivable he strikes out with the #2 QB pick, assuming he was in on the Lance decision. But overall I’m sure he will construct a superior roster.

Reactions: TCB

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
While I’m excited to have a big boy in the house, keep in mind the 49ers drafted Trey Lance. Purdy was likely an accident. So it’s conceivable he strikes out with the #2 QB pick, assuming he was in on the Lance decision. But overall I’m sure he will construct a superior roster.
People keep saying this, as if it’s Peters fault. If you look at the old thread, there are a few articles about Lance being a Shanahan/Lynch thing.

I am hard pressed to blame the #3 guy for that whiff. It’s one thing on a random 3rd or 4th round pick, it’s a whole other thing to trade away 2 added firsts to move up for him.

Peter’s wasn’t driving that bus. No way.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
People keep saying this, as if it’s Peters fault. If you look at the old thread, there are a few articles about Lance being a Shanahan/Lynch thing.

I am hard pressed to blame the #3 guy for that whiff. It’s one thing on a random 3rd or 4th round pick, it’s a whole other thing to trade away 2 added firsts to move up for him.

Peter’s wasn’t driving that bus. No way.
Agree Lance falls on Kyle and Lynch. Its not the 1st time Kyle traded 3 1st rounder for a #2 overall pick QB bust (RG3) so that trade reeks Shanny

To be fair. They got a 4th rounder from Jerry for Lance and a few weeks later parlayed that into Chase Young for a 3rd round comp pick.

Thats a pretty sweet save for the 49ers.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Agree Lance falls on Kyle and Lynch. Its not the 1st time Kyle traded 3 1st rounder for a #2 overall pick QB bust (RG3) so that trade reeks Shanny

To be fair. They got a 4th rounder from Jerry for Lance and a few weeks later parlayed that into Chase Young for a 3rd round comp pick.

Thats a pretty sweet save for the 49ers.
Agreed. Also, as the article I posted above illustrates, the Purdy pick was far from an accident. It's a long read, but a good one in terms of understanding how Peters works and what he's bringing.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Excellent deep-dive on specific elements of the 49ers' approach to the draft that we can look forward to seeing with Peters in place. Also reinforces that Harris knows WTF he is doing, with the first hire of Shen presaging the hire of Peters.

Night and day from the jack-assery of the last quarter century.

I am so effing excited I can't stand it!
Had to quote for an excellent link there. I don't recall anything like those type of details ever on the WFT side.

Reactions: ynotcaps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Are you already jumping head first into your "shit on coaches and management 24/7" phase for a bunch of guys who haven't done anything yet, or are you testing the equipment just in case?

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Jerrah wants a coach that’s beaten down, weakened, easily pushed around, and who will eel he owes him, so he can engage in unbridled interference in personnel and strategic decisions. McCarthy checks all the boxes. It’s outstanding

• Haha

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Had to quote for an excellent link there. I don't recall anything like those type of details ever on the WFT side.

Because there weren't. It's pretty obvious everything either came from Danbag's ass or some lazy or egotistical coach's personal preference. I get the sense RR and others sat back in their office chairs and looked at youtube vids and NFL.com stats like the rest of us and made their decisions.

Only half joking.

I'm really encouraged by what's in that article, in particular the advanced performance and training/coaching approach. I've recommended some books on these topics on some threads previously and they're cutting edge.

But as Peters says they're spokes on a wheel. No one thing puts teams or players over the top.

Hiring the exact right coach to implement these processes is going to be critical and I'm sure they are fully aware of that.

Also interesting that they look for players to fit the coaching scheme which goes against the BPA "wisdom" many insist is canon. They're going to look for pieces of the current puzzle, not shiny toys to be traded as assets if they turn out to be square pegs.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Because there weren't. It's pretty obvious everything either came from Danbag's ass or some lazy or egotistical coach's personal preference. I get the sense RR and others sat back in their office chairs and looked at youtube vids and NFL.com stats like the rest of us and made their decisions.

Only half joking.

I'm really encouraged by what's in that article, in particular the advanced performance and training/coaching approach. I've recommended some books on these topics on some threads previously and they're cutting edge.

But as Peters says they're spokes on a wheel. No one thing puts teams or players over the top.

Hiring the exact right coach to implement these processes is going to be critical and I'm sure they are fully aware of that.

Also interesting that they look for players to fit the coaching scheme which goes against the BPA "wisdom" many insist is canon. They're going to look for pieces of the current puzzle, not shiny toys to be traded as assets if they turn out to be square pegs.

If they don’t fit what you run, are they really the BPA? I feel like the “looking for a fit” is something good draft evaluators factor in every time as part of a list of things to factor in.

Reactions: HTFN and ynotcaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad