OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
With all the talk the last few months, I think we've all seriously considered what it'd be like if we took either of these guys. We've certainly learned all we could about them, and discovered they both seem to be good kids.

So I just wanna say that if it goes the way it looks like it's gonna, I feel really bad for Drake Maye. New England's offense is a shitshow right now. No weapons, no identity, dodgy line, question mark at coach. Maye probably won't start any time soon in this scenario, but there's next to no hope he'll have real quality around him when he IS ready. That's going to be a tough road, and in a brutal market not known for its patience and grace.

We've certainly got our issues, but there's something to work with here and things are looking up. I'd definitely rather be in DC. Poor kid...

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Racki

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
He missed 15 minutes, over 5 years and 55 starts. He's demonstrated durability. The only time he left a game was Alabama, after a late hit to the head in the pocket. He's not RGIII, he's not Richardson, every player is different. He'll definitely need to take care of himself and slide, get out of bounds, but he simply hasn't been injury prone in 5 years of starting including 2 in the SEC.

I get the injury concern, but he hasn't been injury prone, at all, so far.
See? So you admit there's legitimacy!

I've said it before, he's the drunk that walks away from the car crash unscathed while the seat belted folks get their eyes put put by exploding airbags.

The one time he ever got knocked out of a game was taking a chin shot from a free rusher while in the pocket. The shot that knocks any QB out -- though JD came back.

With all the talk the last few months, I think we've all seriously considered what it'd be like if we took either of these guys. We've certainly learned all we could about them, and discovered they both seem to be good kids.

So I just wanna say that if it goes the way it looks like it's gonna, I feel really bad for Drake Maye. New England's offense is a shitshow right now. No weapons, no identity, dodgy line, question mark at coach. Maye probably won't start any time soon in this scenario, but there's next to no hope he'll have real quality around him when he IS ready. That's going to be a tough road, and in a brutal market not know for its patience and grace.

We've certainly got our issues, but there's something to work with here and things are looking up. I'd definitely rather be in DC. Poor kid...
I think there's a real shot NE takes JJ and Maye ends in MIN, which probably the best offensive situation of any of the QB drafting teams. A good young Oline and JJ, plus a young, O-minded HC.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Sinnot is a name I’m hearing ppl like.

Chris Russell said the TE from Texas has serious character issues but he also talks out of his ass 99% of the time

I trust our FO

Excited for the next 3 days
Not a fan of using premium picks (first 2 rounds to me) on TE. There are a few who measure up, but seems like your beT guys come in round 3 or so. Sounds like that's a spot we could get Sinnot and that'd be just fine.

The thing I'm getting antsy about is whether we gat back into the 1st to get our OT. (Our main one, anyway, am totally on board w double dipping there, but not for 2 leftovers.)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1000002245.jpg

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I was lucky (old) enough to remember when he was drafted, 5'8'' tall, his rookie season, chasing down Dorsett, chasing down Dickerson, pulling a muscle while returning a punt for a TD in the playoffs vs the mighty Bears, defending a pass on 4th and goal in the NFC Championship game vs the Vikings. so many of his great plays. But what a privilege it was to root for a guy who just did everything the right way, all the time, and dominated dudes for 20 years.

Hail to the Redskins and Hail to Darrell Green, one of my all time favorite athletes, ever! Cal Ripken, Ovi, Darrell, my Mt Rushmore.
Yes! I was at the season opener for his second season -- Marino fed him his -- and us our -- taints that game! 🤣

But, man, he was an all timer. Will always remember the playoff punt return TD where he pulled rib cartilage and held his side for the last half of the return.

Well deserved!

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
McAfee's feed has Belichick all night. Started without audio for the first few minutes, but this might be the fun way to watch the draft tonight...

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Did you all see the report floating around today that TE has the highest 1st round bust rate in the last 20 years.
Yeah saw that it was eye opening. I think Pitts had that great rookie season but has since hadn't been back to that level. Seemed like 2-5 rounds have produced the top TEs that league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad