OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Too next level for our team lol….they’re not thinking that far ahead.

And if it was….and they still select him?

I find your lack of faith (in Adam Peters) disturbing :laugh:

Commanders announce they have released DE Shaka Toney.

He was just reinstated after being suspended for gambling. Bye, dummy.

• Haha
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
And I have to travel for work this week, might not be able to see the draft. Football gods got me for saying I didn’t want to hear about the draft anymore.
Luckily for you I've heard talks of pushing it back another month so we can have some further prospect analysis. Some around the league feel the evaluation has not been as thorough as needed

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
JD is back to -240. If you were gambling on him I hope you got the bets in over the weekend when he was -120 because the odds bounced back to pre top golf gate tweets

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
My latest obsession is PFN mock draft live versions, against other humans, not just the computer. Takes a little fussing around to make sure you get to draft as Wash, but its still a lot of fun.

Attachments

• PFN_Draft_result_1713809333950.png
    PFN_Draft_result_1713809333950.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: ynotcaps

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Hack Florio at it again weaving a narrative of Harris being another Snyder clone.

Harris is involved in the process but he is NOT the one making the call. In the past, Snyder would be heavily involved in the process, and tell the front office who to pick. This is not happening here.

Florio's a toad. Re-raising a sore topic, I don't think most of the punditry makes sh*t up to get clicks/eyes/ears, but Florio is a prime example of one who does. And the sh*t he doesn't make up he way over sells for the drama.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
On some level that's exactly what it was. It was openly stated the purpose was to see how they reacted in a group of peers. If anyone acted like a diva, or pouty loner, that's exactly the information they were seeking.

NE and SF used this in the past. I'm fine with it. I don't care what Florio thinks.
It makes perfect sense to me. Kills a few birds with one stone.

-Weeds out any divas that don't like the equal treatment.
-Scans for team players and guys with character that can roll with the situation.
-Refrains from broadcasting to much which guy you're leaning towards (absent all the other smoke signals).
-Keeps the players themselves somewhat in the dark so they don't take anything for granted in their actions and responses.
-f***s with the media

If it was intentional then I like where this is headed.

Reactions: ynotcaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He’s backtracking (Schefter), as he made a dumb proclamation, to get clicks, that we Skins fans could “get a Daniels jersey”…which was crap.

So he cannot walk back from that, can he?

He doesn’t know shit. That’s what’s so funny. He knows what we know.

NOTHING!!!

If it makes you feel better to believe that lol….I know I certainly don’t have his contacts!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
So McCarthy is always in the building, is a football junkie, everyone loves him and he's lost 3 times since middle school, won a state title, and two national titles at two different levels. Oh and he had a fantastic shuttle time, it's obvious on tape that he can run and evade, uses his mobility to make plays downfield and threw 61 mph at the combine.

What are we waiting for exactly? This is the kind of guy you build a whole program around. And he comes from a school that aside from a troubled Rich Rod/Hoke period, and his coach, who played QB in the NFL said he's the best to come out of Michigan. Clearly after Brady but still

This kid is gonna make some team happy af
He's got nice traits and a great record. But if he were that much of a no-doubter, he'd be talked about as a no-doubter. He aced QBing a team that plays 1970's-style run-40-times-pass-15 a game football. The NFL has moved light years away from that.

Not in any way saying he can't play the NFL game -- but of the top 6 guys, he's the one who hasn't demonstrated proficiency in the current model. Again, not his fault, he played the system he was in as well as he could -- but his ability to run a throw-first offense is the least known of all.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
If it makes you feel better to believe that lol….I know I certainly don’t have his contacts!
If it makes me feel better? What an odd thing to say.

He’s good at his job. I don’t remember ever questioning his capabilities?

However when it comes to the Skins….he doesn’t know shit, IMO. They are purposely closed lipped. Much like our Capitals.

Good!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
It makes perfect sense to me. Kills a few birds with one stone.

-Weeds out any divas that don't like the equal treatment.
-Scans for team players and guys with character that can roll with the situation.
-Refrains from broadcasting to much which guy you're leaning towards (absent all the other smoke signals).
-Keeps the players themselves somewhat in the dark so they don't take anything for granted in their actions and responses.
-f***s with the media

If it was intentional then I like where this is headed.
I think the one who totally ****ed it up was JD's agent. Dude should have done his homework on Peters and known that this was something he'd been involved with in the past and could be a possibility. But he didn't do his job and then tried to make it like the team was doing something dumb to deflect attention from the fact that he didn't set expectations with his client.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Across the various mock drafting simulators, it's harder and harder to get a worthwhile OT w/ our 2nds. Obviously they aren't predictive, but they seem to be matching the trendline of commentator mocks.

Seems like a move back into the first -- and not the bottom of the first -- if we want to get a good one.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad