OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

1 (2). Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
2 (36). Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
2 (40). Ennis Rakestraw Jr., CB, Missouri
3 (67). Adisa Isaac, Edge, Penn State
3 (78). Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington
3 (100). Brenden Rice, WR, USC
5 (139). Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois
5 (152). Edefuan Ulofoshio, LB, Washington
7 (222). Daijahn Anthony, S, Ole Miss

Reactions: John Price

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah. Saw that. Don’t love it…..but certainly do not hate it.

My biggest issue is that seems early for Paul, and I think there are better WR’s than Rice. I’m not a big fan of the last 2 guys either, and that seems a little early for Rosengarten too….tho he is rising. And I like the 2 OT splash. Very much.

That TE isn’t my favourite either. I like Johnson better, and that kid from Minnesota. Something Span, maybe. But I cannot remember if they were gone when he took the kid from Illinois.

Reactions: ynotcaps and usiel

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Unless he’s trying to architect him going elsewhere…
The difference in total rookie contract from the 2nd pick to the 3rd is $1.2M, and from 3 to 4 is $1.3M. If his agent is trying to get him out of DC to someone lower, JD should fire the agent. But if JD really doesn't want to pay for DC, he should tell them.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Yeah. Saw that. Don’t love it…..but certainly do not hate it.

My biggest issue is that seems early for Paul, and I think there are better WR’s than Rice. I’m not a big fan of the last 2 guys either, and that seems a little early for Rosengarten too….tho he is rising. And I like the 2 OT splash. Very much.

That TE isn’t my favourite either. I like Johnson better, and that kid from Minnesota. Something Span, maybe. But I cannot remember if they were gone when he took the kid from Illinois.
Yeah, seems like the value is flipped on Rosengarten and Paul -- recent drafts have had the latter getting to the back-end of R1 or R2. Not gonna' be happy if we take Paul in the 2nd -- mostly because it means we sat idle while the run on quality OTs proceeded. Really don't think we can be passive on OT and settle for the left-overs.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah, seems like the value is flipped on Rosengarten and Paul -- recent drafts have had the latter getting to the back-end of R1 or R2. Not gonna' be happy if we take Paul in the 2nd -- mostly because it means we sat idle while the run on quality OTs proceeded. Really don't think we can be passive on OT and settle for the left-overs.
I think they have to move up as well. 36 simply isn’t high enough for the top group.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Is it just me or does Maye, but especially McCarthy seem just much more likeable. As if I'd be way more excited when one of them gets hyped up after a big play/game and really see one as the face of this franchise. Daniels is extremely skilled but I think it's just a bit off-putting how quiet and reserved he comes off as, even though its not really his fault. That's just how he is. I know at the end of the day it's the play on the field that matters but still, maybe this whole debacle with the agent is a blessing in disguise. Or maybe it's nothing

It's kind of like for me how endearing Ovi has been with his personality since he first came here. Crosby has always been right up there with him skill-wise but not nearly as likeable

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is it just me or does Maye, but especially McCarthy seem just much more likeable. As if I'd be way more excited when one of them gets hyped up after a big play/game and really see one as the face of this franchise. Daniels is extremely skilled but I think it's just a bit off-putting how quiet and reserved he comes off as, even though its not really his fault. That's just how he is. I know at the end of the day it's the play on the field that matters but still, maybe this whole debacle with the agent is a blessing in disguise. Or maybe it's nothing

It's kind of like for me how endearing Ovi has been with his personality since he first came here. Crosby has always been right up there with him skill-wise but not nearly as likeable
JJM (and DM to a lesser extent) definitely have the all American boy vibe……it’s a significant part of the attraction IMO…

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

reminds me ... I need to get a Riggins autographed photo for my collection.

Bit morbid but I try and get autographs of sports legends later in life (when the markets are flooded bc all they do is sign a bazillion things as their only source of income in their 70s) but before they pass.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
very strange comments by JD's agent , maybe he isn't as big a lock to go 2nd as the speculation is making it seem and he wants to get in front of it so other teams don't also pass on him and he slides even lower

Last edited:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
1000007265.jpg

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
It kinda felt like Maye was in 3rd there for a second (behind JD and JJM)…..but I’m thinking it may be him.
It's not gonna' be Maye. And once it's over the discussion will be about all the indicators that suggested Daniels was inevitable.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I only caught about 30 seconds in the car after golf, but I think they said on 106.7 that Peters and DQ are split on the decision and are meeting early next week to come to a consensus.

Reactions: Ridley Simon
Sep 19, 2008
Remember all debate the post not the poster. Only got a week left till everyone is on the same team.
ngl I'm surprised it's this divisive it's been a while since I've see so much arguing here. Snyder is gone we should be one team lol

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
ngl I'm surprised it's this divisive it's been a while since I've see so much arguing here. Snyder is gone we should be one team lol
It’s the internet. You will tell people the sky is blue and a segment of people will say, “well, ackchyually…”

The diversity of opinions makes this place fun and engaging but people need to chill and follow forum rules which means critiquing the post, not the poster. Name calling and all that stuff is garbage and serves no purpose other than to derail threads. There’s more leeway given on HFCaps since the mods are familiar with almost all of the posters and we know when “our” lines have been crossed but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a bar of respect that needs to be met.

/steps down from soapbox

Sep 19, 2008
hearing about maye and accuracy issues which apparently can be fixed. second thing is lack of experience. he has 2 years of starting and is considered a project not ready to start right away.

his frame is better than jd and he can run just as well

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
hearing about maye and accuracy issues which apparently can be fixed. second thing is lack of experience. he has 2 years of starting and is considered a project not ready to start right away.

his frame is better than jd and he can run just as well
I think the whole project thing is overblown - he would, IMO, sit at most a few games before taking over

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad