OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
gambling odds have shifted big to JD -275 now he was -155 a few days ago.

draftkings added a lot of new plays. this should be fun for the people doing tons of mocks

• Love
Reactions: John Price

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
“He can get through progressions, at least can read the defense and identify who’s going to be open and where they’re gonna be open and throw the ball in rhythm and timing that is relatable to that concept.”

“He’s good out of a bunch set. Layering the ball down the field over linebackers on some of the little run-action, play-action throws. To really drive it in over linebackers is awesome. I think he’s very accurate.”

“He takes some risks, but I think he also takes necessary risks in the moments of the game where you’re like, Oh, that’s a bad decision…But a lot of the times, I think he’s got a good flow for the game and how he’s managing exactly that.”

Welp, put Cooley as a JD guy.

Im going to listen to the podcast now .. er soon.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
That's based on the same flawed premise I've spoken to before -- JD is not LJ, not should he be, and thank god he's not. He's a far better quarterback, and, as such, won't need to run 10-12 times a game.

Jayden's a QB who is also an excellent runner. Jackson is a RB who takes snaps and also can throw to his TE -- most of the time.

Reactions: usiel

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Little less than 9 days left. Lets declare peace and agree that whomever the Commanders draft or trade down and draft that its the best move pick/move ever.
Yup. Now it's a game of finding sufficient distraction for NINE days. I'm thinking of taking up street drugs. Not sure it'll make time fly, but I imagine I won't remember what I was trying not to think about anymore.

(Oh, wait. Except for the trade down part. ;))

Sep 19, 2008
it's almost certain to be JD

which I am fine with. Only concern is his frame.

But for the sheer athleticism, deep ball skills, readiness to play right away and meshing so well with the Kingsbury philosophy...odds are very high it will be him

Sep 19, 2008
good read

"Washington seemed to be another good fit, and multiple sources said Belichick was very interested. He grew up in Annapolis, Maryland, and the combination of his hometown ties and football acumen might have helped the Commanders win and land a stadium in Washington, D.C., considered the most-prized location for a new venue. Commanders minority owner Magic Johnson lobbied hard for Belichick to be the team's new head coach, sources said. Belichick spoke to new Commanders GM Adam Peters, a former Patriots staffer, and said he respected the job Peters had done in personnel since he had left New England, helping the Broncos and 49ers reach a combined three Super Bowls.

However, principal owner Josh Harris, who had spoken privately with Kraft about Belichick, told confidants in early December that he respected Belichick but wasn't going to hire him. He wanted the same leadership structure he has with the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils: a strong general manager over a head coach. Harris' hiring of the 44-year-old Peters as GM before he looked for a coach was a big tell that Belichick was not a fit, a decision that Johnson endorsed. A source close to Belichick said the coach had questions about working in a strong-GM system. Washington decided to hire Cowboys defensive coordinator and former Falcons head coach Dan Quinn. The victim of the Patriots' 28-3 Super Bowl comeback had a job. The primary architect of that historic victory did no t."

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Little less than 9 days left. Lets declare peace and agree that whomever the Commanders draft or trade down and draft that its the best move pick/move ever.

Agreed. There shall be a moratorium on the "who's better?" talk until such time that whomever "the other guy" is proves to be better than our guy. At such time, the original supporters of "the other guy" get to gloat respectfully for 14 days, and the staunch supporters of the guy we chose have to eat shit during that time.

Once that time expires, everyone must return to supporting our guy, only silently lamenting the "grass is greener" reality. At this point, it would be really great if a brand new DC linebacker (to be drafted later) were to accidentally rip a leg off of "the other guy," preferably during a football game, though we, the undersigned, will be flexible on that minor detail.

And so it is written.

Sep 19, 2008
Lot of praise for the commanders approach of bringing in bulk recruits for interviews in the pre-draft process.

It's like a field trip of recruits coming to DC for a big job interview, not only can you efficiently talk to all the QB prospects, you can see character in how they interact. Must be very exciting.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Florio sounds like a secret St. Louis Cardinal fan trying to police 'unwritten' rules.

I find it dubious needing more time one on one is needed eight days or so before the draft. If I was one of those four player I'd probably dig that it is more of a social mixer vibe and they could relax a bit more. All those 4 are competitors so would be interesting to see if just any little thing pops loose in that type of social situation.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Well, well.

If Daniels complained then the process worked. I don’t see why his agent would be criticizing the Commanders if his client was happy with the visit…

Either way, super dumb on their part.
I mean I can get it from the agent point of view he wants JD to go #2 (naturally) so I do find it entertaining he was indirectly complaining about it.

I thought I read JD came in the afternoon the day before but not sure if they met with him solo that evening before the next day thing.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
My best guess is that JJs charisma and abundance of football knowledge bestowed upon him by Harbaugh really wowed everyone there, and that’s what has Jayden’s agent doing this.

• Wow
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad