Speculation: 2024 UFA

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
We lost a good vet in Monahan . Was playing good hockey at 2C

That being said , S Stamkos is the target the summer to replace Monahan ?

Let’s say he signs a 2y deal at 7m$ per year.

Caufield Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Stamkos Dach

• Haha
Reactions: Gravity

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Caufield Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Stamkos Dach

Hard to imagine Stamkos leaving Tampa for a short term deal at that low $... & Hard to imagine Tampa wouldn't match that.

I'd be all over offering him a deal, but I think it'll take 4yrs @8.5+ to swing that

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Caufield Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Stamkos Dach
I imagine Stamkos re-ups in Tampa. Probably 2 years at a discount.

At draft I think we trade a defenseman with some extra picks for top 6 scoring forward. Somebody like Peterka. Somebody young with size and upside. On draft floor Habs make this trade.

Draft a Demidov or Catton with our pick. Lindstrom if he there but doubtful he there.With Jets pick probably take a Parascak or Letourneau.

On July 1, Habs probably sign a leadership guy to bring into their culture also. A bottom 6 UFA center. Monahan traded, Dvorak a piece of glass, Evans no offense at all. Dach you can't tell by him. They need depth there. Ideally a good defensive center who can chip in 12-15 goals. Somebody they can flip in couple of years for decent asset when Beck is ready. Habs secondary scoring sucks this year.

Last edited:

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
The crop of UFAs available is crap. A terrible year to have money to burn.
Expect any key additions to come from trades. That said, the increase in the cap creates less pressure for teams to unload players in the summer...the time is now for that - before the trade deadline.

Reactions: themilosh

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Caufield Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Stamkos Dach
$7M in Tampa is closer to $5M for them to offer. Even if he did take a discount, he’s not doing it to come to Montreal on a bottom 5 team to run out his career.

Also, just for reference, Alex Killorn signed a 4 year $6.25m contract and is older than Stamkos. There is a literal 0% chance Stammer is signing a two year, $7M contract for Montreal.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
No they don’t. They have Colorado’s 2nd.

That's for 2024, the draft will be passed by the time free agency rolls around, so the picks would be 2025 and beyond.

If the previous poster was talking about Pettersson, you don't need a 2nd anyways, as your offer sheet will 4 1st round picks out of the next 5 years.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Definitely not a lot of meat on this UFA crop with more names surely to be signed before they hit the market. Good thing Habs have tons of cap and picks/prospects to make trades.

That's for 2024, the draft will be passed by the time free agency rolls around, so the picks would be 2025 and beyond.

If the previous poster was talking about Pettersson, you don't need a 2nd anyways, as your offer sheet will 4 1st round picks out of the next 5 years.

IF.

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021

Caufield Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Stamkos Dach
Montreal is not getting top free agent to sign with a non contending team and Stamkos will get over 9 million on a 3-4 year deal.....Free agents that Montreal might have a chance at are players like Mantha,Sprong,Wennberg,Kulikov,Blais those second and third tier free agents.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Stamkos is 33 years old today. I think he signs for 4 somewhere and it is probably Tampa. He still has at least 4 solid years. After that, if he signs another one it will be one year deals.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Reactions: Play

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
They need to move Dvo. He doesn't fit this team at all...

Can't really move him when he doesn't play. Unless he comes back quickly, the soonest we can move him is this summer. Even if we do so, I don't see us aiming higher than a middle 6 C to play behind Dach.

I predict Dvorak be next year's Monahan. Return healthy, have decent season and we trade Dvorak at deadline for late first.

I don't see it. He never showed the level of play Monahan did the last two years.

Reactions: Habs13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad