Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Is the season over yet?

Some of you guys childish meltdowns before the season even started was absolutely hilarious. Comedy gold

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There are multiples members who believe that he's the one that needs to get traded to make cap room.

I'm against it so I'm going to use bits of informations to show that he shouldn't be considered. No straw men there.
Saying he might have to be traded is not the same as wanting him to be traded. You're smart enough to know the difference.

Reactions: Chiarelli

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
There are multiples members who believe that he's the one that needs to get traded to make cap room.

I'm against it so I'm going to use bits of informations to show that he shouldn't be considered. No straw men there.

Ya, and those same posters have no idea what they are taking about. So there’s that

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Is the season over yet?

Some of you guys childish meltdowns before the season even started was absolutely hilarious. Comedy gold
main-qimg-21b7bc6cca82bc5f7f64df4c8c700fd1-lq

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Saying he might have to be traded is not the same as wanting him to be traded. You're smart enough to know the difference.
Semantics. It's all about who has to get traded because we're in a cap crunch. If you believe that it has to be Lehky then I disagree.

Anyway, looks like you're looking for a fight and I'm in a good mood today so I'll leave that opportunity to someone else.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Semantics. It's all about who has to get traded because we're in a cap crunch. If you believe that it has to be Lehky then I disagree.

Anyway, looks like you're looking for a fight and I'm in a good mood today so I'll leave that opportunity to someone else.
Nope, just doing my usual job of correct you when you've gone way off course.

I'm in a good mood today as well.

FTR I don't want to see Lehkonen traded and hope to hell it doesn't come down to that, but I don't quite know what the solution is either.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The solution is simple:

1- Trade Rants and Girard for futures (take no contract back) = 14.25M in savings
2- Use 7M on Landy
3- Use 3M on Mitts
4- Use 3M on Drouin long term
5- Pray that Behren can replace Girard

Now all you have left to do is fix the goalie situation.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
The solution is simple:

1- Trade Rants and Girard for futures (take no contract back) = 14.25M in savings
2- Use 7M on Landy
3- Use 3M on Mitts

A 60 point guy for $3M? Last year, Rodrigues was a 40 point guy and got that salary.

Reactions: LOFIN

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
A 60 point guy for $3M? Last year, Rodrigues was a 40 point guy and got that salary.
We can offer more years and Drouin still has red flags attached to his name.

I don't think JD will be that popular on the market, many GM's will believe that his production comes from Mack.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019

I don't think JD will be that popular on the market, many GM's will believe that his production comes from Mack.
I think he's referring to Mittelstadt

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
The solution is simple:

2- Use 7M on Landy
3- Use 3M on Mitts

Does 3 million on Mitts mean above what he’s making this year (so 5.5 AAV) or is that a 3 million AAV?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No matter how you slice it, some popular names are moving. IMO while Rants should be on the table as a potential name, there is about a half percent chance it actually happens (read that as not happening). Cup contending teams don't trade players of his caliber. The other factor is what the Avs have done over the past 12 months is work very hard and very expensively to rebuild their centers. Teams do not do that and then trade away the players they worked to acquire. In one of those trades, they traded the only replacement to Toews/G that was legitimately in the system.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
2nd pair LHD isn't terribly difficult to acquire before the deadline. In addition, Girard has now missed a ton of time in the playoffs and we've faired pretty fine without him. Probably got to ditch another name/not re-sign anyone. Depends what they get Mitts in at.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
2nd pair LHD isn't terribly difficult to acquire before the deadline. In addition, Girard has now missed a ton of time in the playoffs and we've faired pretty fine without him. Probably got to ditch another name/not re-sign anyone. Depends what they get Mitts in at.
Faired pretty fine…. with Byram or Walker ready to step in. ;)

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Does 3 million on Mitts mean above what he’s making this year (so 5.5 AAV) or is that a 3 million AAV?
Above what he's doing now. We use Rantanen and Girard to pay Mitts, Landy and Drouin.

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Landy - Mitts - Lehky

is a perfectly acceptable top 6. We don't need Rantanen.

(As long as Landy can still play in the top 6...if not we're f***ed either way).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Maybe just maybe Behrens or Gulyayev can be one of those two missing D

Edit: nvm gulyayev is 2026 not 2025
Maybe they can in time. The Avs have built their system around defense and when they have been at their best, they have 5 legit guys. Going from 5 to 3 in a year just seems wildly out of character. They went to lengths to keep 5 guys for this run.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Who would have the most interest in Rants and what sort of package are you looking for?
To me it's either a young ELC goalie (get that goalie you can ship out Georgiev salary too), or just the best player you can get that's ELC (center? d man?).
Not a trade I want to get the most assets/depth but the best low AAV piece possible.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I was talking about Mitts, not Drouin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad