WC: 2024 Team USA

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I don't know to be honest. The only thing I found is that you're allowed to register players until the tournament maximum which is 22 skaters + 3 gk for the WC. I couldn't find anything about replacing injured players though I know it was allowed to replace corona-positive players during Corona.

Reactions: Summer Rose

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Unfortunate for Lyon. But I'm glad Augustine will get some serious playing time in some important games. What a great opportunity for him. Let's see what he does with it

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Unfortunate for Lyon. But I'm glad Augustine will get some serious playing time in some important games. What a great opportunity for him. Let's see what he does with it

I'm still surprised if he plays over Nedeljkovic. The guy had a pretty hot hand at the end of the season and Trey is still just a rising prospect.

Mogi

May 4, 2018
How he would get serious playing time when there is Nedeljkovic

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
So Swiss delegation lead Lars Weibel just said on TV that you're alllowed to exchange players in case of an injury. So you're probably allowed to fly in another Goalie if the IIHF-doctor confirms the injury.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Unless a goalie who previously didn't want to play has a change of heart, I think our options now are Dustin Wolf (recently knocked out of Calder Cup, or another AHL goalie) or wait and see if Swayman, Oettinger, or Knight becomes available after the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Assuming Bonney is correct (he always is), I’d prefer to wait and see. I’m ok w Trey and Alex getting us to the knockouts.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
How he would get serious playing time when there is Nedeljkovic
Ah I didn't realize Ned was there too. Only saw Lyon and Augustine last I looked.

I'm still surprised if he plays over Nedeljkovic. The guy had a pretty hot hand at the end of the season and Trey is still just a rising prospect.
Yeah I didn't realize Ned was there too. He was atrocious for us. Our defense was awful but still idk id trust Ned in a big game.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If Hughes has a bad game, they should consider demoting him for Kesselring (whom I am not overly familiar with from NHL action but he's played well so far).

USA Hockey is kind of obsessed with the Hughes brothers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Luke to the olympics to play with the other two.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If Hughes has a bad game, they should consider demoting him for Kesselring (whom I am not overly familiar with from NHL action but he's played well so far).

USA Hockey is kind of obsessed with the Hughes brothers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Luke to the olympics to play with the other two.
Not sure why the NHL is obsessed with them either. Drafting them 1st, 4th & 7th respectively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad