WC: 2024 Team USA

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Nelson comes and for example, Palmieri doesn't.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Petry & Nelson (if Nelson is for sure) coming adds that veteran presence needed all around. This group is starting to turn into that perfect blend of youth & veteran leadership. I can't recall an overall balance like this (even Kane years) where we aren't relying on college kids/rookies for a third of the roster. And the rookies we do have here had excellent seasons.

I will be much happier if we can somehow land another more NHL proven goalie. But if Canucks get bounced would anyone be against Desmith coming again? He would be a steady backup who played well here last time.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Petry & Nelson (if Nelson is for sure) coming adds that veteran presence needed all around. This group is starting to turn into that perfect blend of youth & veteran leadership. I can't recall an overall balance like this (even Kane years) where we aren't relying on college kids/rookies for a third of the roster. And the rookies we do have here had excellent seasons.

I will be much happier if we can somehow land another more NHL proven goalie. But if Canucks get bounced would anyone be against Desmith coming again? He would be a steady backup who played well here last time.
I'd look more at the Boston/Toronto series. Could possibly get either Woll or Swayman.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Eichel and Hanifin would have been nice. The first round eliminations have not gone our way.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Eichel and Hanifin would have been nice. The first round eliminations have not gone our way.
Will team USA hold any spots open, and add players after 2nd round in Stanley Cup?
You often see that from other teams flying in a superstar late, like the czechs flying in a Pastrnak, russians adding Ovechkin, or Finland adding Granlund late in the tournament.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Will team USA hold any spots open, and add players after 2nd round in Stanley Cup?
You often see that from other teams flying in a superstar late, like the czechs flying in a Pastrnak, russians adding Ovechkin, or Finland adding Granlund late in the tournament.

Probably, but it has been very rare for anyone to come after that.

I would put Kygo on if someone happened to come at that point..:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Fjorden

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Bad luck with Woll. I believe he would have come. McCabe has had the best season of his career, so he could be a good final piece for the defense.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
On tuesday match against slovakia, i expect some roster updates soon

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Not quite as good as it could have been, but still quality for this tournament. Larkin is a loss, but we still have Zegras, Nelson, Hayes, and W. Smith up front which will work. I noticed they added quite a bit of size both up front and on defense. That will bring some balance with the significant number of smaller, offense-oriented players we have,

Last edited:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Tkachuk-Zegras-Boldy
Farabee-Pinto-Gaudreau
Caufield-Nelson-Leonard
Kunin-Hayes-Smith

Werenski - Jones
Sanderson - Petry
Hughes - Vlasic

Lyon
Trey