WC: 2024 Team USA

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I wonder if they've asked Marino

I bet they are hoping to nab a few of the Isles vets, namely Nelson.

One guy who I would LOVE to add is Trevor Moore, should the Oilers do the expected and beat the Kings.

I'd usually be more upset, but with their team situation, I don't blame him for wanting to spend extra time getting focused on transitioning his life to Utah.
Marino was banged up and in and out of the Devils lineup the last month.

With how he regressed this year, he probably chose to recover from his injuries and focus on rebounding next year for the Devils.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
My gut says Gauthier, Hutson & Primeau are locks and will join up...but have been told they have to see who else accepts now and through 1st round eliminations. I am sure they are open and honest with the kids and if they will be needed they will be here. So much nicer having a solid roster set instead of us hoping and praying someone joins up to help lol.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
My gut says Gauthier, Hutson & Primeau are locks and will join up...but have been told they have to see who else accepts now and through 1st round eliminations. I am sure they are open and honest with the kids and if they will be needed they will be here. So much nicer having a solid roster set instead of us hoping and praying someone joins up to help lol.
That's probably true. Would love to add Matthews (or Coyle, McAvoy, and Swayman)....:naughty:

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We have our 11th, 14th, 15th, 20th, 23rd, 27th, 37th, & 44th overall American scorers here. Some are dmen. That isn't including an add like Nelson or any of the Canuck trio..

Can't recall an overall group like this so far, even the Kane teams...

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Nice to see such a great start. The fact that they haven't named plugs or college players yet is a good sign on their optimism for the remaining spots either with guys already available or soon-to-be. I still won't be surprised to see guys like Hutson or Gauthier on the team though.

Larkin absolutely should be the team captain of our best-of rosters for the Four Nations and Olympics, regardless of who's on the team.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Couldn't ask for a better start to a roster if we tried. This group has the makings to be the best ever assembled here.

Larkin showing up again!
Farabee coming now too!
Boldy stepping up...

Honestly doesn't matter who the remaining forwards are, we have our top 9 pretty much set.

Would like another veteran dman to balance out the youth, but thank God Lyon is here as well...

Oh yeah, to Clayton Keller....f*** off...

Clayton Keller would be close to exclusion for me from the player list for the Four Nations and Olympics teams. We have plenty of really talented smaller forwards available and he hasn't shown any interest or passion for trying to separate himself from the pack by showing up at the WC.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Larkin, Farabee and Lyon the new names. A really strong squad so far.

GAUDREAU - LARKIN - TKACHUK
ZEGRAS - PINTO - CAUFIELD
BOLDY - Mr X - FARABEE
Mr X - KUNIN - Mr X

Vatrano/DeBrincat/Cooley/Compher/Rust/Gauthier?

WERENSKI - JONES
SANDERSON - VLASIC
HUGHES - Mr X
Mr X

Hutson, Marino?

LYON

Primeau, Gibson?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This is the best US roster I have seen at this tournament.

The best-vs-best tournaments coming up certainly had to have been a massive factor. I'm not sure how many best vs best locks there are on this roster (Tkachuk is the only 100% lock IMO), but there are certainly a few guys that could end up on those teams with big seasons next year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Unless Utah can change the way that US players have shown up to play for USA Hockey compared to the Yotes, please don't draft anymore top US kids.

Cooley needs to be here too....

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Well the US will be heavy favorites, can't imagine any country matchning this roster

As a Detroit I will definately have US as my second team. Go Larkin!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Well the US will be heavy favorites, can't imagine any country matchning this roster

We are favorites for nothing in this tournament. The only consistent USAH has at the WC is losing in the semis.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nice to see such a great start. The fact that they haven't named plugs or college players yet is a good sign on their optimism for the remaining spots either with guys already available or soon-to-be. I still won't be surprised to see guys like Hutson or Gauthier on the team though.

Larkin absolutely should be the team captain of our best-of rosters for the Four Nations and Olympics, regardless of who's on the team.
1000001138.jpg

Our Captain!!

Great99

Apr 12, 2016

Team Sweden have also got many yes from their players , but agree USA is looking solid

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
With how (relatively) shallow we look at center, I wonder if they'll try Brady at C. He's great in the dot and has the size and skating power to potentially be an effective 2C, especially if we are nervous about trying Z at center (where think he's actually much better & more engaged).

You could try something like

Gaudreau - Larkin - Boldy
Caufield - Tkachuk - Farabee
Zegras - Pinto - Kunin
Lee - Nelson - Palmieri (lol probably not)

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Not if 40 year old Joe Pavelski is all "hey, you can't cut me yet".

Not sure why Larkin in any event, he's probably too far down the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad