WC: 2024 Team USA

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I’m hoping we get at least one of Swayman, Oettinger, Hellebuyck, or Demko. Can then fill out the roster of the goalie roster with players who probably won’t be on the best on best team.
I really feel you won't get a single one of those .. almost zero as any first round loss would be seen as devastating. Maybe... maybe... Swayman if the Bruins fall apart.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I really feel you won't get a single one of those .. almost zero as any first round loss would be seen as devastating. Maybe... maybe... Swayman if the Bruins fall apart.

Dallas lost but I think they will turn it around or at least it will be a long series. Daccord didn't come so I would say it is Lyon and Primeau. Lindgren will probably come after Rangers smokes Caps.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I’m hoping we get at least one of Swayman, Oettinger, Hellebuyck, or Demko. Can then fill out the roster of the goalie roster with players who probably won’t be on the best on best team.
It's tough, because all of the series these guys are involved in could go the distance. with a fair amount of wear and tear. Swayman might be the best bet (if the Bruins lose) as he is in a rotation with Ullmark.

Dallas lost but I think they will turn it around or at least it will be a long series. Daccord didn't come so I would say it is Lyon and Primeau. Lindgren will probably come after Rangers smokes Caps.
I'd take Lyon, Primeau, and a young guy like Knight or Wolf (if they are available-not sure what their AHL status is at the moment).

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I'd take Lyon, Primeau, and a young guy like Knight or Wolf (if they are available-not sure what their AHL status is at the moment).

Charlotte and Calgary both made the playoffs. Wolf's contract also expires. As a third goalie it may not be such a big deal.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Drew Commesso come on down...he owes USA Hockey one anyway when he didn't come to play for the WJC...
Commesso was at the last olympics and world championships (and was also at the '21 World Championships). I don't think he'd be the third goaltender at the next Olympics as I'm not sure he'll be fully established in the NHL by then or have enough pedigree to warrant an experience trip. I think part of the reason he didn't go to the Summer World Juniors is he had already done two times with the senior team. I think for this world championships, they'd probably rather spread the love around a little bit more, and his availability would depend on if his AHL team is eliminated or not (Best of 5 First Round Series, April 27, May 1, May 3, May 5 and May 10 as necessary).

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Commesso was at the last olympics and world championships (and was also at the '21 World Championships). I don't think he'd be the third goaltender at the next Olympics as I'm not sure he'll be fully established in the NHL by then or have enough pedigree to warrant an experience trip. I think part of the reason he didn't go to the Summer World Juniors is he had already done two times with the senior team. I think for this world championships, they'd probably rather spread the love around a little bit more, and his availability would depend on if his AHL team is eliminated or not (Best of 5 First Round Series, April 27, May 1, May 3, May 5 and May 10 as necessary).
Nope, he still owes us and cost us the Gold when he didn't show up. The hill I am dying on...lol

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Let's goooooo!!!!!

This is a pretty loaded group, especially on D. Gaudreau must be excited to play with talented players again, I think he's going to light it up for us.

Gaudreau - Larkin - Tkachuk
Caufield - Zegras - Boldy
Farabee - Pinto - Kunin

Sanderson - Hughes
Werenski - Jones
Vlasic - xxxxx

Lyon

That's already a better group than we've had since I can remember.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is a pretty loaded group, especially on D. Gaudreau must be excited to play with talented players again, I think he's going to light it up for us.
Couldn't ask for a better start to a roster if we tried. This group has the makings to be the best ever assembled here.

Larkin showing up again!
Farabee coming now too!
Boldy stepping up...

Honestly doesn't matter who the remaining forwards are, we have our top 9 pretty much set.

Would like another veteran dman to balance out the youth, but thank God Lyon is here as well...

Oh yeah, to Clayton Keller....f*** off...

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Couldn't ask for a better start to a roster if we tried. This group has the makings to be the best ever assembled here.

Larkin showing up again!
Farabee coming now too!
Boldy stepping up...

Honestly doesn't matter who the remaining forwards are, we have our top 9 pretty much set.

Would like another veteran dman to balance out the youth, but thank God Lyon is here as well...
I wonder if they've asked Marino

I bet they are hoping to nab a few of the Isles vets, namely Nelson.

One guy who I would LOVE to add is Trevor Moore, should the Oilers do the expected and beat the Kings.
Oh yeah, to Clayton Keller....f*** off...
I'd usually be more upset, but with their team situation, I don't blame him for wanting to spend extra time getting focused on transitioning his life to Utah.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Gaudreau - Larkin - Tkachuk
Caufield - Zegras - Boldy
Farabee - Pinto - Kunin

Sanderson - Hughes
Werenski - Jones
Vlasic - xxxxx

Lyon

That's already a better group than we've had since I can remember.
Does this mean cutter gauthier is confirmed not going? Or maybe the team waiting for other responses before inviting him?

Also please don’t put zegras with caufield…. We get enough zegras is trash but we’d take him for scraps from Montreal fans…. I can only imagine how bad it’ll be if they actually figure out he’s good

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wonder if they've asked Marino

I bet they are hoping to nab a few of the Isles vets, namely Nelson.

One guy who I would LOVE to add is Trevor Moore, should the Oilers do the expected and beat the Kings.

I'd usually be more upset, but with their team situation, I don't blame him for wanting to spend extra time getting focused on transitioning his life to Utah.
Marino would be a welcome addition for sure. Lots of names still out there hopefully this announcement lures a few on the fence to play.

Nelson is another who has come numerous times and would be a welcome add and solidify that 3rd line.

Moore was fantastic for the US a few years back, not sure his contract status but would love him as well.

Honestly everything is welcome from here on out. The bulk of the roster is set and whoever wants to make history with this group needs to hop on now!

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Does this mean cutter gauthier is confirmed not going? Or maybe the team waiting for other responses before inviting him?

Also please don’t put zegras with caufield…. We get enough zegras is trash but we’d take him for scraps from Montreal fans…. I can only imagine how bad it’ll be if they actually figure out he’s good
I imagine a number of kids are locks like Cutter and Hutson...but better to release this group and see what fence sitters you have that now want in...or any 1st round eliminations to join.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad