WC: 2024 Team USA

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Unless its for the birth of a child, injury or caring for a sick family member, Tuch better come up with a very good reason. "Wanting to rest up for next season" or "I have a family vacation planned" can't be one of them.

His new baby is a couple months old. Don't know if that counts.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
His new baby is a couple months old. Don't know if that counts.

If his baby is sick and he needs to be there, then that is a legitimate excuse. Short of that, good luck with making the Olympic roster. Maybe he doesn't care about that, which is his right.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If his baby is sick and he needs to be there, then that is a legitimate excuse. Short of that, good luck with making the Olympic roster. Maybe he doesn't care about that.....

If Guerin is the GM, he can just by Billy another round and tell him he's been there the whole time. :biglaugh:

Don't know about the child. The kid is about 4 months IIRC.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Tuch has come before so I am not going to dog him. He probably knows he wouldn't get top 6 minutes here like he did last time so why come when he can hang with his kid. Would love him on the 3rd line but not a huge loss. Larkin, Cat, Keller, Boldy, Beniers, Terry, Kane & Cooley..any combo of this group shows up we have the deepest forward group ever sent..

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Unless its for the birth of a child, injury or caring for a sick family member, Tuch better come up with a very good reason. "Wanting to rest up for next season" or "I have a family vacation planned" can't be one of them.

He's got a newborn (like 5 months old), so I imagine that's the major reason. He also played for the US at the Worlds last year.....so that's gotta count for something.

Reactions: Friar85

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Tuch played last year, and has a newborn. I think its ok.

Yeah, I'm not dogging him because he wants to spend time with his family. But if he wants a shot at making the Olympic roster, then he probably needs to play in the WC.

He's got a newborn (like 5 months old), so I imagine that's the major reason. He also played for the US at the Worlds last year.....so that's gotta count for something.

If you take Guerin at his word, it probably won't count for anything.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
With Caufield, Zegras, Gaudreau, Gaudreau and Tkachuk there is 4 open spots in the top 9.

With Larkin, Boldy, Keller and a third C its still more than good enough. Kane/DeBrincat is also in the mix.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Tuch has shown up just last year, when nobody else really answered, he did. Him and Garland were like the only 2 legit offensive players we had from the NHL. I have tons of respect for him.

Everyone's fury should be aimed at Keller. That guy hasn't shown up since his rookie year I believe. If he doesn't come this year USA Hockey needs to tell him to piss off and get citizenship elsewhere lol.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
That counts for me.

I don't think anyone is going to fault Tuch for wanting to spend time with his new child. But if he has any desire to play in the Olympics (and maybe he doesn't), then he should probably put on the red, white and blue this summer.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have a feeling that somehow we'll end up in a pretty normal situation with this tournament.
Possibly, but the good thing is when Tkachuk, Zegras and Caufield all say they will be here, they were part of a pretty special and tight group of US kids those 2 birth years...I think having them announced this early will bring others around like Boldy, York, etc..

I honestly can't see a bad scenario here with all the remaining names still out there..

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
I don't think anyone is going to fault Tuch for wanting to spend time with his new child. But if he has any desire to play in the Olympics (and maybe he doesn't), then he should probably put on the red, white and blue this summer.
Doubt Guerin would hold staying home, after a long NHL season, to be with his wife and child, against him for the Olympics.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Realistically they’re gonna bring the best players regardless to the Olympics. lol. WC attendance only matters at the tightest margins.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Yeah, it shouldn't be all on this one WC. But if you're a bubble (or worse) player and you don't show up here, you're losing one of your last opportunities to make your case even if you've shown up previously.

I totally understand Tuch not wanting to leave a (or travel with) a newborn. And I totally understand if USAH determines he hasn't done enough in the NHL or WC to make the team.

Setting aside guys just eliminated, the only guys being discussed that I'd put in the lock or close enough where this WC could cement their cases are B. Tkachuk, Faber, Werenski Sanderson, and Keller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad