WC: 2024 Team USA

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Keller should also show up finally. Cooley and Bjugstad could be there also. Schmaltz should be there too. Six years in a row without playoffs and still not a single WC during that period.

Reactions: MatBarzal

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Johnny is going to be back. I think it might be a good for him to take a break and come back stronger next year. I expected him to sign with Flyers or Devils and I think they would have been better choices than awful Blue Jackets. It is interesting why his camp thought BJ is a better option. Money wasn't that much better.

Don't know that Gaudreau, the Hughes, and Dougie is a great idea. Should New Jersey go even softer?

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Little worried about goalies...we usually suck in this department but have had a few years with a legit #1...be a shame if we bring in all this talent but can't stop the damn puck

I expected them to lock Daccord and then wait and see who is available.

Reactions: AmericanDream

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Maybe the whole potentially imminent relocation is holding up the Coyotes guys? They might be finding out in the next week that they need to uproot their lives and pack for a new city. Would be reasonable to not commit or take the time sorting things this summer

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Maybe the whole potentially imminent relocation is holding up the Coyotes guys? They might be finding out in the next week that they need to uproot their lives and pack for a new city. Would be reasonable to not commit or take the time sorting things this summer

Maybe, but it's also not a group that's ever really bothered with the tournament

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Maybe, but it's also not a group that's ever really bothered with the tournament
If players miss the playoffs year over year... and also can't be bothered to turn out for their national team year over year... I might be looking hard at them for both club and country.. Maybe they just aren't overly invested in the game of hockey.. It's a job and that's it.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
If players miss the playoffs year over year... and also can't be bothered to turn out for their national team year over year... I might be looking hard at them for both club and country.. Maybe they just aren't overly invested in the game of hockey.. It's a job and that's it.

Keller is the one I'm most interested in. I don't think he's in the top team at this point and may not be able to get there without showing up and showing out for Team USA. It would be great to see Cooley go as well for the future. The other options would be good for the WC but not guys that will ever be in contention for our top teams.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I absolutely believe that commitment to the national team must be a requirement. Always! Not just because of Olympic year or whatever. Nobody says in soccer that I am getting married, so I can't make it to the national team this time. It is ridiculous.

Even if it is away from success, there must be a clear message that the national team shirt can only be worn by players who genuinely want it. I don't want players at the Olympics to represent our country just because they want to experience the Olympics and get laid, not because they want to represent their country.

If you can't make the playoffs and you don't really have a good reason, then either you come or your name will be taken off the list. I may accept someone's refusal sometimes if you have proven commitment many times, but we have many guys who have been out of the playoffs for five to six years and still never come. Take Terry and Keller, for example. The first has never played playoffs and the latter once. Still, golfing interests them more than putting on a national team shirt. Considering what USA Hockey has given them, it is sad.

Updated roster by position: (5D, 7F)
Seth Jones
Jake Sanderson
Zach Werenski
Alex Vlasic
Luke Hughes

Brady Tkachuk
Trevor Zegras
Luke Kunin
Cole Caufield
Johnny Gaudreau
Tage Thompson
Shane Pinto

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I absolutely believe that commitment to the national team must be a requirement. Always! Not just because of Olympic year or whatever. Nobody says in soccer that I am getting married, so I can't make it to the national team this time. It is ridiculous.

Even if it is away from success, there must be a clear message that the national team shirt can only be worn by players who genuinely want it. I don't want players at the Olympics to represent our country just because they want to experience the Olympics and get laid, not because they want to represent their country.

If you can't make the playoffs and you don't really have a good reason, then either you come or your name will be taken off the list. I may accept someone's refusal sometimes if you have proven commitment many times, but we have many guys who have been out of the playoffs for five to six years and still never come. Take Terry and Keller, for example. The first has never played playoffs and the latter once. Still, golfing interests them more than putting on a national team shirt. Considering what USA Hockey has given them, it is sad.

Seth Jones
Jake Sanderson
Zach Werenski
Alex Vlasic
Luke Hughes

Brady Tkachuk
Trevor Zegras
Luke Kunin
Cole Caufield
Johnny Gaudreau
Tage Thompson
Shane Pinto

This is enough to take WC gold. Add great young NCAA players. all 3 first lines are a first line.

Gauthier - Thompson - Caufield
Gaudreau - Zegras - Gabe Perreault
Tkachuk - Pinto - Graf
McGroarty - Kunin - Brindley
Leonard, Will Smith

Werenski - Jones
Sanderson - Vlasic
Hughes - Seamus Casey
Hutson - Buium

Gs?

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022

Seth Jones
Jake Sanderson
Zach Werenski
Alex Vlasic
Luke Hughes

Brady Tkachuk
Trevor Zegras
Luke Kunin
Cole Caufield
Johnny Gaudreau
Tage Thompson
Shane Pinto
The Czech and Russian national team players always went to the national team at the first opportunity. If other teams had such an attitude towards the World Cup, then we would have received a tournament close to the level of the Olympics.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
That defense looks awesome. Guerin has to be pretty pleased right now.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if they add someone like Lane Hutson.

Seth Jones
Jake Sanderson
Zach Werenski
Alex Vlasic
Luke Hughes

Brady Tkachuk
Trevor Zegras
Luke Kunin
Cole Caufield
Johnny Gaudreau
Tage Thompson
Shane Pinto
It really bugs me when they can't get USNTDP alumni to go at least once in awhile.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If those players really have agreed to go then that's a very good start for USA. No team generally sends worse relative to its talent, over the last few decades anyway. I wouldn't be bothered if the braindead claims about USA not being that good because it hasn't won the iihf world championship would be rendered moot, at least for once.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
This is enough to take WC gold. Add great young NCAA players. all 3 first lines are a first line.

Gauthier - Thompson - Caufield
Gaudreau - Zegras - Gabe Perreault
Tkachuk - Pinto - Graf
McGroarty - Kunin - Brindley
Leonard, Will Smith

Werenski - Jones
Sanderson - Vlasic
Hughes - Seamus Casey
Hutson - Buium

Gs?

No Boldy or Faber?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I won't lie. The fact the US has no senior good since 1996 is baffling. Makes zero sense. You may be the team I'm cheering for after the Czechs this year.

Canada vs US world's finals would be a site to see. Good luck and hopefully Sweden can send a comparably strong team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad