WJC: 2024 Team USA Roster Talk

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
If Carle wants to return let him run it back. The return coaches haven't always worked out but Carle was fantastic and he'd have 11 of these guys eligible to return. And he's probably not going to be an option very long as he'll be in the NHL before too long.
They should definitely let Carle come back.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
GOLD MEDAL!!!

I remember 10 years ago we felt like such an underdog, the DNA and our identity was totally different. Now we are just as good of a program as Canada, if not better in some regards!!!! The skill level is elite! Look at these kids flying around. We deserved it.

Love you all.
Amen brother. Times have changed. Losing the gold is now a disappointment instead of just hey we made it there at least. We are expected to win every year and we should most years based on the talent we send. The journey we have had over 20 years on here is something else. Proud of our boys and proud of those of you I have had the pleasure to cheer and argue with (lol) on here over the years. We deserve medals from team USA as well!!!

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Amen brother. Times have changed. Losing the gold is now a disappointment instead of just hey we made it there at least. We are expected to win every year and we should most years based on the talent we send. The journey we have had over 20 years on here is something else. Proud of our boys and proud of those of you I have had the pleasure to cheer and argue with (lol) on here over the years. We deserve medals from team USA as well!!!

If we ever get a best on best....we're going

Reactions: AmericanDream

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Man, Ostlund is a baby. Tries to break multiple ankles at the end of the game and then doesn't go to start the handshake line after receiving his medal like is the WJC norm at the medal ceremony.

Good on those Swedes who skated through Ostlund's tears to shake hands.

If we ever get a best on best....we're going

Bettman will find a way to ruin it I'm sure.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Usually very pessimistic going into these tournaments, and was during this one as well, but the guys proved me wrong.

Carla pushed all the right buttons, and one of the top 3 lines picked up the slack when another line couldn't find the net- pretty much all tournament long.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Usually very pessimistic going into these tournaments, and was during this one as well, but the guys proved me wrong.

Carla pushed all the right buttons, and one of the top 3 lines picked up the slack when another line couldn't find the net- pretty much all tournament long.

Don't worry, the pessimism is still continually rewarded at the World Championships haha

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Really happy for the USNDTP 04s. Reminds me of when another exceptional USNDPT group, the 01s, got Goalie Gamed in their U18s and then responded a year and a half later with a World Juniors victory with their best player in the NHL.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Happiest for Augustine. He singlehandedly lost the 2022 U18 gold for his team in a game where they thoroughly dominated Sweden. That kind of collapse can break a player, especially as he was an underager, but he didn't let it define him, nor did he let his terrible effort against Sweden in last year's bronze do so either. There were a lot of players on this team that wanted revenge but you can't convince me anyone wanted it more than Augustine. And he showed up today and all tournament.

Goalies need short memories and a lot of confidence. Augustine has proved he has both in spades.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Happiest for Augustine. He singlehandedly lost the 2022 U18 gold for his team in a game where they thoroughly dominated Sweden. That kind of collapse can break a player, especially as he was an underager, but he didn't let it define him, nor did he let his terrible effort against Sweden in last year's bronze do so either. There were a lot of players on this team that wanted revenge but you can't convince me anyone wanted it more than Augustine. And he showed up today and all tournament.

Goalies need short memories and a lot of confidence. Augustine has proved he has both in spades.
And what's super cool is he should be back for a third go around next year. That kind of experience will pay dividends. Especially if Canada is running another random nobody (whether that be Scott Ratzlaff or someone else) out there with all the pressure to not mess things up in a Semi/Gold Medal Game if it came to it.

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
Congrats team USA

Bittersweet moment as I know a lot of people will come calling for Coach Carle. He deserves it all. He is the nicest most humble kid I've met. I remember when the team gave him a new suitcase when he was named to the staff at DU as an assistant coach - he was so happy and proud and enjoyed the good natured ribbing. He has really taken in all the points of the game he has learned from Coach Gwoz and Montgomery and shaped it into his style and process. A process that has been proven in a multitude of championships.

Enjoy this and then head on back to University and Evans let's bring home #10.

Go Pioneers!!!!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Congrats team USA

Bittersweet moment as I know a lot of people will come calling for Coach Carle. He deserves it all. He is the nicest most humble kid I've met. I remember when the team gave him a new suitcase when he was named to the staff at DU as an assistant coach - he was so happy and proud and enjoyed the good natured ribbing. He has really taken in all the points of the game he has learned from Coach Gwoz and Montgomery and shaped it into his style and process. A process that has been proven in a multitude of championships.

Enjoy this and then head on back to University and Evans let's bring home #10.

Go Pioneers!!!!

Carle has such a great story, I'm so glad he's found so much success after his heart condition ended his playing career. One of the bright young lights in USA Hockey.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Perreault led all US players with 7 points once the three knockout games began.

How did Gauthier get best forward? He didn't even show up in the gold medal game. Because he padded his stats vs bad opponents in the first 4 games?

Reactions: Svenhart2008

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Carle has such a great story, I'm so glad he's found so much success after his heart condition ended his playing career. One of the bright young lights in USA Hockey.
I remember when Carle was drafted 203rd overall and people were outraged that Tampa wasted a pick on a kid who will never play again. That move will always be one of the most classiest acts I have ever seen. Period. I respect all those involved who drafted David & I would imagine him even getting drafted like that helped mold the man he has become. Hockey is the best sport on Earth for these stories...Couldn't be happier for the Carle family for their contributions to USA hockey over the years. 2004 changed my life for junior hockey, Matt Carle was a key member of that team. Cheers all!

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Since 2010 (last 15 tournaments)
Most impressive - never going more than four years between Gold Medals. They've now medalled in 7 out of the last 9 tournaments. For comparison sake, 2011 Bronze was only their 7th medal ever.

Last edited:

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
    16px-Gold_medal_icon.svg.png
    Gold
    16px-Bronze_medal_icon.svg.png
    Bronze
  • 2012 — 7th place
    Gold
  • 2014 — 5th place
  • 2015 — 5th place
    Bronze
    Gold
    Bronze
    16px-Silver_medal_icon.svg.png
    Silver
  • 2020 — 6th place
    Gold
  • 2022 — 5th place
    Bronze
    Gold
Most impressive - never going more than four years between Gold Medals. They've now medalled in 7 out of the last 9 tournaments. For comparison sake, 2011 Bronze was only their 7th medal ever.

It smells that back to back finally.

Reactions: Joe Zanussi

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
damn they almost never get silver. They either win it all or go out early

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If you could pick one and only one, what is y'alls favorite gold medal win since 2004???

Very interested to see what years get the most love...I know mine hands down....hint...OT vs Canada...dman scores with the rocket shot to send the Canadian crowd home in tears...

Reactions: William H Bonney

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3