GDT: 2024 TDL thread. Post all trades, rumors, and etc around the league. (TDL, Friday 3/8 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Maybe that's the actual strategy, put the onus back on them instead of telling them that you're going to constantly bring it to other people to help them be good and win

The onus has been on this core since last summer's fiasco. That implosion was f***ing epic and none of the core players can complain when the whip cracks if they fail again this post season. This season was always about post season success.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
really hope Othmann comes in to the lineup and shows us he's worthy of actually keeping because I'm starting to grow impatient with him. Needs to come in and just light the lamp like Stankoven is right now with the Stars, would be huge for us.
He is 1st year pro. Its not like he has spent 4 years in the AHL. I guess when Perrault struggles when he first gets to the AHL in 2 years, you'll want to trade him too.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Solid effort by Drury. Rudwehdal is meh, but both forwards can play, fill a need, and didn't cost the earth while also being players you could look to bring back depending on fit and how things shake out in the off season

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Didn't overpay for Guentzel
Didn't overpay for Henrique and/or Vatrano
Didn't overpay for Lindholm
Didn't overpay for Buch (bittersweet)
Didn't send someone a 1st for an overrated depth player
Didn't trade any prospects
Drove up prices to rivals
Improved the team enough to give this core one last chance to prove they are good enough (they're not)

RING IT UP DRURY DUB

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Overall, I thought the Rangers handled the deadline well. No splash plays, but none were needed and didn't give up any of their top assets for rentals and/or players who wouldn't make that big a difference. Filled some immediate holes

If they were to make splash plays, they would have to wait until the offseason (NMC become limited NTCs, etc.). Depending on how the playoffs go for them, this could be a much different team come October (not saying it will; just saying there's the chance).

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
How do you pre-tape something? Wouldn't you just tape it?

This was the editing process behind the scenes before this tweet went out:

We just taped an interview with Patrick Alvin who told us they've put a contract out on Phillip Ronek.

We just tapped an interview with Patrick Alvin who told us they've put a contract offer out on Philip Hronik.

We just pre-taped an interview with Patrik Alvin who told us they've put out a contract on Fillip Hronek.

[What the hell does pre-taped mean?]
[Just write it as I say.]

We just taped an interview with Patrik Alvin who told us they've put a contract offer out to Filip Hronek.

[Where's pre-taped like I wanted it? And, two l's.]

We just pre-taped an interview with Patrik Allvin who told us they've put a contract offer out to Filip Hronek.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Perreault seems boom or bust to me. Regardless, this team and it's core is playing on borrowed time. Drury needs to start taking risks.
They did last year and the year before and it didn't work. You want to have no prospect depth and, a depleted farm system for rentals thst either outpace themselves or won't help the team and ruin the chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad