Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
center back has to be a position they strengthen. I'm sure there's going to be 5-6 guys who are linked over the next month or two.

Wasn't sure which one you were talking about at first lol. You'd imagine that Favre / Flick / Rangnick or whoever ultimately takes the Bayern job will be able to get more out of whichever of Upa/Kim is still on the team next year, but the Bavarians relying on Dier next to de Ligt is damning either way.

...though I don't think Tah would be much better for FCB than Süle was; aka super inconsistent except when the one trainer who got the most out of him was running Bayern.

As for Pacho, isn't a left sided CB a big priority for you guys? I remember that being a talking point when you were being linked to Hincapie before the season and Pacho has similar flexibility to play LCB or LB in a back 4, as well as the left side of a back 3.

I like him, he's definitely validated the interest Eberl showed in him before he made the move to Europe, as one of Frankfurt biggest risers this season.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Wasn't sure which one you were talking about at first lol. You'd imagine that Favre / Flick / Rangnick or whoever ultimately takes the Bayern job will be able to get more out of whichever of Upa/Kim is still on the team next year, but the Bavarians relying on Dier next to de Ligt is damning either way.

...though I don't think Tah would be much better for FCB than Süle was; aka super inconsistent expect when the one trainer who got the most out of him, was running Bayern.

As for Pacho, isn't a left sided CB a big priority for you guys? I remember that being a talking point when you were being linked to Hincapie before the season and Pacho has similar flexibility to play LCB or LB in a back 4, as well as the left side of a back 3.

I like him, he's definitely validated the interest Eberl showed in him before he made the move to Europe as one of Frankfurt biggest risers this season.
Yeah... that was a liverpool comment. I have no idea what Bayern will do, as I think some of that will really be dictated by whom they get for manager. Liverpool too I guess to some extent, but they also have a massive hole in the roster without any additions. VVD is getting older, Konate is good, but made of glass, Matip is moving on. So, one needs to come in no matter what. Quansah might make 2 coming in unlikely, or even that they can get a good player not a top level player, but it remains to be seen.

I do think Left sided CB is important. Even if Virgil resigns (and I think if Slot is the manager he will), managing his minutes have to be a priority. He's been fit, but he looks TIRED. I thought if Amorim came in, they would raid the Portuguese league. Even with Xabi saying no, I think they'll still get linked with a bunch of Bundesliga players, more so because they're more affordable and a talent group that Liverpool like. However, if it's Slot, I would expect every Dutch player under the sun get linked.

Reactions: cgf

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah... that was a liverpool comment. I have no idea what Bayern will do, as I think some of that will really be dictated by whom they get for manager. Liverpool too I guess to some extent, but they also have a massive hole in the roster without any additions. VVD is getting older, Konate is good, but made of glass, Matip is moving on. So, one needs to come in no matter what. Quansah might make 2 coming in unlikely, or even that they can get a good player not a top level player, but it remains to be seen.

I do think Left sided CB is important. Even if Virgil resigns (and I think if Slot is the manager he will), managing his minutes have to be a priority. He's been fit, but he looks TIRED. I thought if Amorim came in, they would raid the Portuguese league. Even with Xabi saying no, I think they'll still get linked with a bunch of Bundesliga players, more so because they're more affordable and a talent group that Liverpool like. However, if it's Slot, I would expect every Dutch player under the sun get linked.
I mean if we are going to get Slot favorites, his former captain is Koopmeiners who wants a PL move. I think that’s an easy place to start. Wieffer is an upgrade at 6 too so I’d take that too; honestly would even try to shoot higher but that’s another story.

Pacho looks very back three/bad in the air; which makes less sense for Slot than Amorim. But yeah we need LCB and maybe the aerial dominance thing is less important now; Edwards and Klopp had different tastes on players for sure. We knew this already but Joyce mentioned Edwards/Ward aren’t huge Darwin fans and would rather have signed Nkunku. And of course everyone knows about Brandt vs Salah too; so it’ll be interesting with Edwards having the keys again

In terms of CB though, I can’t help but think while they need a Lefty, they also really may want to upgrade on Konate. He can’t stay healthy and he takes a bit to ramp up even when he is back. His form as been atrocious since he got hurt in the Sparta game; but also might be down to his usage being poor as well.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I mean if we are going to get Slot favorites, his former captain is Koopmeiners who wants a PL move. I think that’s an easy place to start. Wieffer is an upgrade at 6 too so I’d take that too; honestly would even try to shoot higher but that’s another story.

Pacho looks very back three/bad in the air; which makes less sense for Slot than Amorim. But yeah we need LCB and maybe the aerial dominance thing is less important now; Edwards and Klopp had different tastes on players for sure. We knew this already but Joyce mentioned Edwards/Ward aren’t huge Darwin fans and would rather have signed Nkunku. And of course everyone knows about Brandt vs Salah too; so it’ll be interesting with Edwards having the keys again

In terms of CB though, I can’t help but think while they need a Lefty, they also really may want to upgrade on Konate. He can’t stay healthy and he takes a bit to ramp up even when he is back. His form as been atrocious since he got hurt in the Sparta game; but also might be down to his usage being poor as well.
If we go full Slot mode, we should also go full Dutch mode then.
- Teun Koopmeiners
- Mats Wieffer
- Lutsharel Geertruida
- Quilindschy Hartman or Jorrel Hato
- Brian Brobbey or Joshua Zirkzee
- Crysencio Summerville
- Xavi Simons

Any other names that I am missing?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
- Teun Koopmeiners
- Mats Wieffer
- Lutsharel Geertruida
- Crysencio Summerville
- Xavi Simons

i thought liverpool wanted to win trophies

going dutch does not accomplish such a task

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
- Teun Koopmeiners
- Mats Wieffer
- Lutsharel Geertruida
- Crysencio Summerville
- Xavi Simons

I’m not going to go too deep on this until Slot is official and/or the season is over.

I will say the top two (that I also named) are the only ones that outright improve the starting XI. I say this because I think Szoboszlai should be moved up front (like he plays for Hungary) so they’d need another midfielder or two; we are wasting Dom’s best attributes having him do donkey work just because he is athletic enough to pull it off.

The real midfield question though, and the first question that LFC need to answer is “what position does Trent play next season” that is the first domino that needs to fall. If Trent is playing midfield next year. You are going to need a diesel 6 to play behind him and Alexis

Also I would LOVE Xavi Simons but I don’t see any reason why he just doesn’t wind up “replacing” Mbappe. If PSG want to get rid, sure, but I do not see any reason they would. If (as rumors state) PSG want Diaz and/or Salah as Mbappe replacement, I would absolutely try and get XS in that deal; but I don’t know why PSG would do that.

The other guy I like there is Zirkzee, but if the plan is to move off from Darwin; the last thing I want to do is put another project/one season in there. Honestly I’d rather shoot the moon for a guy like Isak if we are looking at a 9 than do another dice roll.

and as a bonus - Hartman/Hato, sure but I’d rather get a LB that can get Robertson down to backup, rather than get another guy to play behind Robertson. Davies is probably destined for Madrid but I would put some feelers in there. Our vs track record vs Madrid on and off the field sucks but if they are doing Mbappe and no one what’s to leave, maybe they have a chance.

i thought liverpool wanted to win trophies

going dutch does not accomplish such a task
Klopp did alright with Virgil and Wijnaldum :)

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Who tf is Pacho?? You guys are killing me with these obscure nicknames?
At Frankfurt

I'm assuming this guy:

Pacho is his actual last name.
William Joel Pacho Tenorio. Great name. Name has been popping up a bit, but nothing super credible. Think he would make more sense for Amorim’s back three but what do I know. Philosophically, I don’t like taking defenders from majority back three and signing to play in back four

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yeah IDK if Liverpool should go for a guy I'm completely unfamiliar with... and I watch quite a lot of Bundesliga. Aim higher. Ndicka at Frankfurt was also highly rated once, told yall he was crap and time proved me right.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah IDK if Liverpool should go for a guy I'm completely unfamiliar with... and I watch quite a lot of Bundesliga. Aim higher. Ndicka at Frankfurt was also highly rated once, told yall he was crap and time proved me right.
I mean they definitely need a lefty CB, but of course they are going to want someone who is okay playing behind Virgil; could be tough. What I did not anticipate, is they might find themselves needing to upgrade on Konate too. He’s been a problem. Not 100% his fault but I wouldn’t hate upgrading that too. And you still have Gomez in a utility role and Quansah as your 4th/5th; unless Slot wants to elevate Quansah which honestly wouldn’t be the worst idea

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Pacho's a lot more interesting the Ndicka ever was IMO, but I was never very high on Ndicka and I have been keeping tabs on Pacho since his move to Gladbach imploded...and lamenting that they couldn't find the cash to get that one across the line.

He's not on Hincapie's level yet, but he's not exactly far from where Hincapie was last summer...when LFC were after him. As a kid to platoon with VdV while they continued to groom him as their eventual successor at LCB, he could be a very shrewd buy. Provided they gave him real PT spelling Virgil.

...but again, I'm a fan of his so far as he's been one of the few big winners of Frankfurt's up & down season, after a strong stint in the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm assuming this guy:

Pacho is his actual last name.

Yeah, my bad on that. I usually try to include something like "...linked to Frankfurt's LCB, Pacho" when it's not guys we've discussed to death, but I was thinking more about the Tah part while I typed.

I could see that being a huge lose-lose-lose for Bayer, Bayern, and Tah himself, if the Bavarians were able to pry him out of Leverkusen.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
No worries, I thought Pacho was Hincapie's nickname or something. Like when our Swedish members were talking about this mysterious Deki when he has this lovely Balkan surname that just rolls off the tongue haha

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad