2024 Season Ticket Renewals / Playoffs

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Being there when your team wins it all is something incredible. I am not really sure how to put a price on it. I am an old man but those were some of the best memories of my life.

That said I think everyone has their own threshold beyond which its just not worth it even if you can afford it. Back in the 80's I knew people who were offered $1000+ for a pair of tickets game 5 of the 1984 finals. Frankly I would not have sold my ticket to that game for $1000 even though that was A LOT OF MONEY for me back then. Today if I was offered a game 7 ticket for say $1500 I don't know if I would take it even though I could afford it far more than I could back then.

Life is expensive. I have to go to a conference in Manhattan, After fees my hotel will cost me close to $2000 CDN for 4 nights in a fairly basic hotel.
Is it ever expensive, you really can’t find a decent hotel in the US for under $250 USD a night anymore. If you want a higher end it’s north of $400

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Well the Oilers have released tickets to the public at 10am, there is a lot still for sale, and at that price I’m not sure they will even sell out?

Check out ticketmaster for game 1

• Wow
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

orangewinter

Jan 14, 2021
Well the Oilers have released tickets to the public at 10am, there is a lot still for sale, and at that price I’m not sure they will even sell out?

Check out ticketmaster for game 1
The prices are bad for a first round series and they will get worse if the oiler can win a series.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I bought a pair thinking they would sell out quickly.....the fact that there are a bunch still available is a pretty big indictment.

I'm thinking prices will fluctuate depending on if it's LA or Vegas.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I bought a pair thinking they would sell out quickly.....the fact that there are a bunch still available is a pretty big indictment.

I'm thinking prices will fluctuate depending on if it's LA or Vegas.

Did you get a pair in upper bowl or lower bowl?

Upper bowl prices were still set where there is value to jumping on them (seems like the resale market has those priced in the $300's), but I don't think that is the case in the lower bowl. A starting point of $700+ to get into the lower bowl is already basically at resale market value. Same with the $600+ in the Sportsnet Lounge (food there is good, but not near good enough to basically pay 60% more than what a normal upper bowl ticket costs) where most of the unsold tickets are.

Last edited:

EchoesoftheEighties

Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Did you get a pair in upper bowl or lower bowl?

Upper bowl prices were still set where there is value to jumping on them (seems like the resale market has those priced in the $300's), but I don't think that is the case in the lower bowl. A starting point of $700+ to get into the lower bowl is already basically at resale market value. Same with the $600+ in the Sportsnet Lounge where most of the unsold tickets are.
I got upper bowl! Excited to see playoff action live again

Reactions: K1984

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
Wow the face value of playoff tickets is insane. I didn't think I would get priced out but I am. $233 for 3rd cheapest pricing in the upperbowl (attack once rows 2 to 5). A few bucks in fees and it's around $475 for a pair of tickets. Tack on food, drinks and parking, easily $550 to $600 for few hours of good or poor entertainment.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

EchoesoftheEighties

Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I think the Oilers used the resale market prices over the last few years and just made that the new face value prices, essentially killing the resale market and they pocket the difference instead. Only problem with that is if people balk at the high cost

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I think the Oilers used the resale market prices over the last few years and just made that the new face value prices, essentially killing the resale market and they pocket the difference instead. Only problem with that is if people balk at the high cost
Yup gonna be very interesting. I’m expecting lots of tix up for resale and may see prices drop on game day. We aren’t sure we can get our money out of our tix if we can’t go, although we are at one of the lowest price points which I think makes it easier.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They are almost sold out. This is the seat map of tickets available for Game 1 and other than the SN Lounge which will sell out - it’s almost sold out. 99 % of the tickets available are resale.

Unfortunately I will be in Europe visiting my son and his family for Round 1 and much of Round 2 but my other kids are happy as they are going!

IMG_3381.jpeg

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
They are almost sold out. This is the seat map of tickets available for Game 1 and other than the SN Lounge which will sell out - it’s almost sold out. 99 % of the tickets available are resale.

Unfortunately I will be in Europe visiting my son and his family for Round 1 and much of Round 2 but my other kids are happy as they are going!

View attachment 853441
I think you might see more resale tix come in the market once opponents and schedule are set. It will sell out though, certain of that.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think you might see more resale tix come in the market once opponents and schedule are set. It will sell out though, certain of that.

There are a lot of resale tickets available now, this is just the seat map filtered showing those only direct from the Oilers.

lbc9876

Apr 5, 2019
There are a lot of resale tickets available now, this is just the seat map filtered showing those only direct from the Oilers.

The game is less than a week away is a bit concerning to see this many seats up for sale but obviously try and get what you can get. Many of these people will end up just going to the game, but I can see the upper level with a lot of movement. I think the $500-$600 a pair's will move for people just wanting to see playoff hockey once.

Remember that these aren't ALL the Oilers owned seats, these are the optics as I watched blue dots disappear and reappear in new places. It's kind of hypnotic.
1713371570729.png

It is funny though to see people trying to sell the club seats for $1000 literally NEXT to Oilers owned blue dots for 30% less.

As some have mentioned, round 2 and 3 are the interesting ones because seat prices go up, but demand goes down every year. Some great seats to find a deal on gameday.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The game is less than a week away is a bit concerning to see this many seats up for sale but obviously try and get what you can get. Many of these people will end up just going to the game, but I can see the upper level with a lot of movement. I think the $500-$600 a pair's will move for people just wanting to see playoff hockey once.

Remember that these aren't ALL the Oilers owned seats, these are the optics as I watched blue dots disappear and reappear in new places. It's kind of hypnotic. View attachment 853771

It is funny though to see people trying to sell the club seats for $1000 literally NEXT to Oilers owned blue dots for 30% less.

As some have mentioned, round 2 and 3 are the interesting ones because seat prices go up, but demand goes down every year. Some great seats to find a deal on gameday.

You see this seat map before a lot of games as people who own seats are trying to sell them. I’d be concerned if they were blue dots as those are Oilers owned seats for sale. Otherwise it’s pink dots which are mainly people trying to make a buck or for whatever reason can’t make it. Zero level for concern right now but there will be a tipping point. The Oilers will sell at the highest dollar the market will bear as is their prerogative.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
You see this seat map before a lot of games as people who own seats are trying to sell them. I’d be concerned if they were blue dots as those are Oilers owned seats for sale. Otherwise it’s pink dots which are mainly people trying to make a buck or for whatever reason can’t make it. Zero level for concern right now but there will be a tipping point. The Oilers will sell at the highest dollar the market will bear as is their prerogative.

This is exactly it. Lots of people that toss their seats up at a high price to see if anyone bites, but are happy to go if not. I understand the perspective that the Oilers are "gouging" fans, but it just isn't the truth. As you said, there is zero reason whatsoever to pass profit opportunity to the secondary market when they could just make it themselves.

The only real loser here in the end is the season ticket holder that has to pay a higher sticker price because the secondary market got out of control, but the per game discounts are still generally pretty strong vs. pricing for the general public. Where I sit per game prices are $474 for the Final, and I can guarantee you that if we got that far I could still flip those for at least double what I paid, but probably more. If a situation arose where we had a Game 4, 5, 6 or 7 at home with a chance to win the Cup? $5k per seat? Maybe more?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad