2024 Season Ticket Renewals / Playoffs

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
How many Oiler bucks do they give you again? And do they work at Ice District Authentics? I can't recall.
You get $100 in Oiler Bucks per seat IF you renew your seats by the preliminary deadline in March.

oilers106

Nov 25, 2008
Has anyone received their season ticket packages yet?? I received mine but no oiler bucks? Anyone get oiler bucks with package
if you sell a lot of your games or transfer to other people... OEG stopped giving oilerbucks to those that sell/transfer to others

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
if you sell a lot of your games or transfer to other people... OEG stopped giving oilerbucks to those that sell/transfer to others

I'm curious where you got this information from.
It clearly states in the renewal package, that as long as you renew your seats and submit your deposit, you will receive $100 in Oiler Bucks per seat. Period. No conditions/Fine print.
As my season seats are for business, I transfer 90%+ of my games to clients. I have always received my Oilers Bucks.
There seems to be some holes in your theory above, and was just wondering where you may have received your information. Cheers :)

oilers106

Nov 25, 2008
I'm curious where you got this information from.
It clearly states in the renewal package, that as long as you renew your seats and submit your deposit, you will receive $100 in Oiler Bucks per seat. Period. No conditions/Fine print.
As my season seats are for business, I transfer 90%+ of my games to clients. I have always received my Oilers Bucks.
There seems to be some holes in your theory above, and was just wondering where you may have received your information. Cheers :)

From the oilers. They said if you sell more than you attend you get put on a list and they don’t send oilers bucks to those

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
From the oilers. They said if you sell more than you attend you get put on a list and they don’t send oilers bucks to those
We have four partners, so 75 percent gets transferred away from the primary account holders. The four also then sell them or transfer to others. Always got out bucks before.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Not sure if allowed in here, but I’m looking for 2 tickets (preferably lower bowl) for October 21st versus the Jets. Message me if you have anything available.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Does anyone know when the account credits for paying for your season tickets early generally hit the account? The Oilers reps refuse to tell me and it's frustrating because I'm looking to buy people tickets for gifts that I could use the credits for to get for free.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
With the exception of when we transitioned to the new arena, this is the biggest price increase in my 23 years as a season seat holder.
Normally it has always been 3%-5% max.
This 12% increase is crazy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Looks like 24/25 season seats going up by 12%…wow!!
That's insane! They had better come very close or win it all this year or they could see a lot of cancelations.

A pair of lower bowl tickets and something to eat/drink after all is said and done means about $500 for the evening. That is simply not justified for what you get.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Been a proud season seats holder since 95
Past few years I have been debating on giving them up. I believe this is the year it’s come to an end.
Can’t even get playoff tics without renewing so I guess I’ll be watching on tv this year.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Been a proud season seats holder since 95
Past few years I have been debating on giving them up. I believe this is the year it’s come to an end.
Can’t even get playoff tics without renewing so I guess I’ll be watching on tv this year.

Yes you can.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Yes you can.
You can if you pay for the playoffs in 3 payments
That’s 16k for playoffs. But you still have to renew for next year just don’t have to put the 15% down until closer to next season
I’m just a dirty old construction worker and have to pay as they play in the playoffs. I’m not in a position to put up 16k unless I take out of my retirement savings and that’s not happening. Usually I have enough banked up from tickets I sell during the season but this year wasn’t easy getting rid of a few. Anyways like I said earlier I’ve been thinking about giving them up anyways with the cost going up.

Reactions: Trizent and harpoon

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Absolutely ridiculous that people would pay that.
If the team isnt able to re-sign McDavid it will be interesting to see how they handle the pricing.

Probably won't have to worry about playoff pricing if McDavid goes.

I have season seats in the "cheap" sections if you can even call it that and I don't have a problem paying for them now when the team is good, but there is just no possible way I would pay close to this much if they are shitty. With the renewal prices that will be even more the case.

I wish I could sit in on OEG meetings on ticketing strategy. Sports are in a funny spot because there has never been a time where there is generally less value in holding season seats. For an average NHL team you could probably buy every game on resale and end up saving money in the big picture. Would be interested to see what the strategy is for pricing if/when the team's performance slides backwards and how they would plan on retaining non-corporate holders.

Apr 29, 2017
35% increase for playoff tickets for my seats vs last year. Don't know if it's a consistent 35 across all seats. I think I'll pass this time around. I think it's a winning tactic: if they win I'll still be happy. If they lose at least I'll be happy that I wasn't fleeced.

Clearly the Oilers are all in for the playoffs. Ticket pricing, that is. Too bad Kenny wasn't all in before the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad