2024 Season Ticket Renewals / Playoffs

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
STH cost in the Club is $875/pair, almost double of our regular season tickets.

I think the team must have seen the resale market last year and rightfully are getting a part of the action.

I have upper bowl seats that are $188/game in round 1 (vs. $87/game in the reg season) that go all the way up to nearly $500/game in the finals. Last year I'm pretty sure my tickets were only $127 for round 1 and maybe ~$230 for the conference finals. Big boost this year.

Big price, but still worth it in the end. If we get to the finals I'd assume that the price just to get in the door would be at least $1,000/game.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Couple years ago and last year you could get tickets in the first round lower bowl for 400 a piece, so this years 600 is shocking.

Prices this high I might just sell this year and pay for next years season lol maybe just go to elimination games.
It pretty ridiculous, my wife and I bought her parents season seats for the playoffs since they are travelling over the next couple months.

We were planning to go to every home playoff game but we might have to sell some games because it’s looking like secondary market prices are going to be absolutely insane and people will pay up.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
What are people's experience's like offloading regular season tickets?

I purchased season seats for next year so that I could guarantee playoff tickets this year and next at non-freak prices. I know myself too well in that if I didn't get the ticket package and we made it to the final I would just cave and pay whatever the scalpers are charging, so this prevents me from spending every nickel I have in that eventuality.

Basically my intention is to sell as many games next year as I can for what I paid for them, hoping to get rid of roughly half of them if possible. Has anyone had any experience in trying to do anything similar? I think that I'll be ok offloading what I need to, but still somewhat unsure. My tickets work out to $87/game, so pretty reasonable especially if demand spikes after a good playoff this year.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
What are people's experience's like offloading regular season tickets?

I purchased season seats for next year so that I could guarantee playoff tickets this year and next at non-freak prices. I know myself too well in that if I didn't get the ticket package and we made it to the final I would just cave and pay whatever the scalpers are charging, so this prevents me from spending every nickel I have in that eventuality.

Basically my intention is to sell as many games next year as I can for what I paid for them, hoping to get rid of roughly half of them if possible. Has anyone had any experience in trying to do anything similar? I think that I'll be ok offloading what I need to, but still somewhat unsure. My tickets work out to $87/game, so pretty reasonable especially if demand spikes after a good playoff this year.
You should break even on tickets if you sell them at the very least. If you cant break even just go enjoy the game.

We had upper bowl a few years ago for a year, cause we wanted to try 1st row up there. They were way harder to sell then any lower bowl tickets we have ever had.

Reactions: K1984

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Does anyone that went to the 2003 game have any guidance on the best place to sit for the Heritage Classic? The pre-order for ticket holders is this Friday and I have an idea of the best place to sit, but figured I would check with those that went to the last one for any advice.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Does anyone that went to the 2003 game have any guidance on the best place to sit for the Heritage Classic? The pre-order for ticket holders is this Friday and I have an idea of the best place to sit, but figured I would check with those that went to the last one for any advice.

I was there freezing my nuts off back in 03.

Because the rink is so far in the middle of the stadium, lower is not better. Mid to high lower bowl as close to center ice as possible is best. Too low and you don’t get a good ice view. Plus you have to walk those f***ing stairs every time you need to use the can.

I had my presale about 45 minutes ago and got 4 tix dead center section G on the aisle about 1/4 to a 1/3 of of the way down exactly where I wanted them.

There were still about 40 tickets left in G and lots to either side. Plenty of mid section tickets as well. $395 a pop plus all the bullshit fees so about $425 or so per seat.

Looks like 1/4 of the stadium is reserved for Flames fans, on the side where their bench is starting at center ice to the far corner.

I assume this will be sold out.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Anyone have a presale code they can share? I couldn't afford to go last time this was here I was a poor student! (Unless this is STH only at this point?)

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Anyone have a presale code they can share? I couldn't afford to go last time this was here I was a poor student! (Unless this is STH only at this point?)

Its only STH's at this point and staggered (previous poster got his today, my window isn't until Friday afternoon).

I believe that everyone's STH account number is the presale code and they limit you to one ticket for every STH you have, so you might be out of luck unfortunately. With 60,000 tickets I imagine that there will definitely be lots available still once they go on sale to the public.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Its only STH's at this point and staggered (previous poster got his today, my window isn't until Friday afternoon).

I believe that everyone's STH account number is the presale code and they limit you to one ticket for every STH you have, so you might be out of luck unfortunately. With 60,000 tickets I imagine that there will definitely be lots available still once they go on sale to the public.
Gotcha, thanks for the info!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
I was there freezing my nuts off back in 03.

Because the rink is so far in the middle of the stadium, lower is not better. Mid to high lower bowl as close to center ice as possible is best. Too low and you don’t get a good ice view. Plus you have to walk those f***ing stairs every time you need to use the can.

I had my presale about 45 minutes ago and got 4 tix dead center section G on the aisle about 1/4 to a 1/3 of of the way down exactly where I wanted them.

There were still about 40 tickets left in G and lots to either side. Plenty of mid section tickets as well. $395 a pop plus all the bullshit fees so about $425 or so per seat.

Looks like 1/4 of the stadium is reserved for Flames fans, on the side where their bench is starting at center ice to the far corner.

I assume this will be sold out.

Pretty much this. Based on my experience from the last outdoor game here, anything in the lower bowl rows 20 and lower is not ideal for sightlines.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Tickets are not cheap…if these are STH prices there might be some sticker shock for regular priced tickets.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Tickets are not cheap…if these are STH prices there might be some sticker shock for regular priced tickets.

I dont know if STH got any discounts as this is an NHL event and not one run by the Oilers. I think the only advantage STH received was front of the line access. IIRC the prices started at about 120 and went to 395 plus fees fees fees and more fees I mean surcharges....Ticketmaster's monopoly has to get broken up somehow.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
Anyone have a presale code to share? I only need to buy 1 ticket. Thanks!

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
I believe that sth relocation is this week (Jun 12-Jun 16). Just wondering if there are a lot of good options to move?

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
I believe that sth relocation is this week (Jun 12-Jun 16). Just wondering if there are a lot of good options to move?
I put in for seat relocation
my day for relocation started today. I have aisle seats and when I logged on this evening to see if there were any better seats available for relocation. I logged on only to find a handful of seats available roughly 30 or so and soon realized the only seats available to me were other aisle seats throughout the arena. So now I have to phone my rep in the morning to find out why other seats that are not aisle seats are not available to me.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Anyone got extra heritage classic code they aren't using they could share?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If anyone’s interested in presale tix last chance!

Tickets for the first-ever outdoor Battle of Alberta on Sunday, October 29 at Commonwealth Stadium will go on sale to the general public on Thursday, June 22, but we are happy to provide you with a final pre-sale opportunity to purchase additional tickets.

From now until Wednesday, June 21 at 11:59 PM MT, you may purchase up to 12 additional tickets using promo code BATTLE.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
If anyone’s interested in presale tix last chance!

Tickets for the first-ever outdoor Battle of Alberta on Sunday, October 29 at Commonwealth Stadium will go on sale to the general public on Thursday, June 22, but we are happy to provide you with a final pre-sale opportunity to purchase additional tickets.

From now until Wednesday, June 21 at 11:59 PM MT, you may purchase up to 12 additional tickets using promo code BATTLE.
Thanks! Grabbed a pair.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Has anyone received their season ticket packages yet?? I received mine but no oiler bucks? Anyone get oiler bucks with package

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
How many Oiler bucks do they give you again? And do they work at Ice District Authentics? I can't recall.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
How many Oiler bucks do they give you again? And do they work at Ice District Authentics? I can't recall.
you Get 200 oilers bucks and I believe you can use them at the ice district authentics. But I’m not 100% sure on that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad