Who should get in?

• Total voters

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Sade should have been in long ago

Hopefully she finally gets in

O'Connor honestly is not HOF worthy and I dont understand any of the push for her
Sade to me has always been a band. Sade Adu is the singer and also the leader/image.

I think they're worthy from their 1984-1994 (including touring work) and each time they've come back whether 2000, 2010, or rumored to be this year or next, it's always to rave reviews and generally very good output.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
She got in 90% because of Stranger Things. I'm not saying she isn't talented. She had an unusual resurgence.
I don't want to get into this debate again, but she had been nominated a few times before Stranger Things and would've eventually gotten in; last year, this year, next year, whatever...

Is Dave Matthews not big in Europe? I know he tours all the time to all locations.
Certainly isn't, but it's not just Europe; outside North America he and his band haven't had any notable success, although many (like me) recognize the name.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I'm a big metal fan. I see Ozzy Osbourne leading this poll, and I don't understand why.

Ozzy Osbourne, the band, was a decent band, ranging from mediocre to pretty good until No More Tears, after which it collapsed into outright garbage.

Ozzy Osbourne, the person, is already in the RRHOF as a member of Black Sabbath, which is entirely deserved, but outside of that has largely only been important as a media personality. He's not much of a singer, he's not much of a songwriter (his solo band's best work was largely written by Bob Daisley or Jake Lee, and he wrote very little for Black Sabbath - the music was mostly Iommi and lyrics mostly Butler).

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I'm a big metal fan. I see Ozzy Osbourne leading this poll, and I don't understand why.

Ozzy Osbourne, the band, was a decent band, ranging from mediocre to pretty good until No More Tears, after which it collapsed into outright garbage.

Ozzy Osbourne, the person, is already in the RRHOF as a member of Black Sabbath, which is entirely deserved, but outside of that has largely only been important as a media personality. He's not much of a singer, he's not much of a songwriter (his solo band's best work was largely written by Bob Daisley or Jake Lee, and he wrote very little for Black Sabbath - the music was mostly Iommi and lyrics mostly Butler).
His first solo album with Randy Rhoads is about as good as it gets. And he is under rated as a singer. Not a great technical singer but any means but his voice has a special unique and almost haunting quality to it. I think he merits going in as a solo artist myself.

And he added the melody to Sabbath songs, Iommi's stuff without Ozzie is nowhere near as catchy, I was never a fanof the Dio Sabbath myself, found it kind of boring.

Reactions: the squared circle

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

From Blizzard of Oz up until Ozzmossis, there was a lot of success. That's at minimum 15 years if you don't count touring and starting Ozzfest.

He's also has a resurgence the last five years putting out a lot of solo music.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
His first solo album with Randy Rhoads is about as good as it gets. And he is under rated as a singer. Not a great technical singer but any means but his voice has a special unique and almost haunting quality to it. I think he merits going in as a solo artist myself.

And he added the melody to Sabbath songs, Iommi's stuff without Ozzie is nowhere near as catchy, I was never a fanof the Dio Sabbath myself, found it kind of boring.
Blizzard of Ozz is a good album, but among 1980 heavy metal releases alone, I'd have it behind Heaven and Hell, Ace of Spades, British Steel, Iron Maiden, Angel Witch, and Lightning to the Nations. It's just not that good.

I'm also a big fan of non-Osbourne Sabbath. I'd put all of Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, or Dehumanizer above any solo Osbourne release, and Tyr and Cross Purposes can compete with them on an even footing (maybe even Born Again).

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
She got in 90% because of Stranger Things. I'm not saying she isn't talented. She had an unusual resurgence.

Is Dave Matthews not big in Europe? I know he tours all the time to all locations.

I'm from UK and couldn't name one song he has done. Don't know how he did in the charts, but I don't recall anyone being into him/talking about him.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Dave Matthews is terrible

Maybe he can dump another ton of human waste on a tourboat to get in the news again

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Dave Matthews Band is so overrated. I don't understand why people think they are any good.

They're basically the American version of the tragically hip.
They had some catchy songs and got popular through grassroots and nonstop touring in the mid-90s. The drummer Carter Beauford who is an awesome musician also used to wear hockey jerseys often when they first made it onto MTV so that created some buzz back in the pre-internet days.

They became like the college-frat rock band from the late-90s/mid-2000s. As popular as Taylor Swift is now where you can't get groceries or go to the gym without seeing an article on her or hearing her music, in the US "Dave" was everywhere during that times but on college campuses and around college towns.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Foreigner, Frampton, Oasis and Ozzy.

Because it’s the rock and roll hall of fame and not the hip hop hall of fame.

Surprised Ozzy isn’t in as a solo artist already.

Reactions: I am not exposed

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
only met one person in my entire life that listens to dave matthews. i've never seen anyone ever rummage through that guy's cd pile at any record store back in the day. but yeah he had a real good fan following. still gets booked at madison square garden. hell he even filled up central park. anyway not my cup of tea. overglorified preppy rock.

but for one night of tv entertainment i would have no objection to checking out this bill:

• Mariah Carey
  • Cher

• Foreigner
  • Peter Frampton

• Kool & the Gang
  • Lenny Kravitz

• Ozzy Osbourne
  • Sade

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
foreigner, cher, mariah carey, sade, ozzy

never understood the hype for dave matthews band. they had a couple good songs and that's it. very much overrated and one of those bands it was "cool" to like 20+ years ago

rock hall is a joke though. how the f*** is foreigner not in yet?

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
  1. Ozzy Osbourne 96,419

2. Peter Frampton 79,306

3. Foreigner 78,022

4. Dave Matthews Band 77,834

5. Cher 68,720

6. Lenny Kravitz 57,876

7. Mariah Carey 50,130

8. Kool & the Gang 48,100

9. Oasis 45,014

10. Sinéad O'Connor 35,533

11. Sade 32,804

12. Jane's Addiction 32,755

13. Mary J. Blige 25,674

14. A Tribe Called Quest 20,125

15. Eric B. & Rakim 12,154
total fan votes so far 760,466

archangel2

May 19, 2019
The current generation knows Kravitz for being Zoe's father and not for his music.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad