2024 QMJHL Draft

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
It's a weak draft to me. Especially in terms of the quality of the top 10 talent.

I know several Q teams are trying to move their picks and are in panic because the draft isn't very strong.

To me, forward depth is pretty decent, and I like the goalies as well to be honest overall. For the forwards, it's a situation where a lot of the most talented ones are very small, but the skill and IQ are there.

I really struggle with the quality of defenders. I feel like some of them will get reached on big time in the first round.
Lawrence and O'Donnell are bigger kids.

Chartrand looks like he'd be a fairly good D.

Forecheck1

May 19, 2023
It isn't a deep group of superstar players at the top, but it looks like a very deep group overall.

For in depth 2024 QMJHL prospect profiles and info, you can find it at Quebec-Maritimes Scouting.

As of the end of January, 457 prospects have been identified towards the draft (252 will be selected). We are now into the projected 9th round of prospect evaluations. In depth player bios have been put together for about 160 prospects with more added every day.
You are asking for $ for copy and pasting prospect profiles ??? You don't even use a real name - Ridiculous!!

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Lawrence and O'Donnell are bigger kids.

Chartrand looks like he'd be a fairly good D.
Of course, there's Litalien as well at the top who has some size. Cossette-Ayotte among defenders.

All I'm saying is a lot of the most talented forwards are 5'9 or under this year, whether that's Florent, Lottin, Olivier, Lygitsakos, Plouffe, Boyer or others.

This is also the year where the eligible defensemen produce the least in M18AAA since I've started following it years ago. Not a lot of guys that contribute offensively from the back-end.

Quebec Maritimes

Jan 29, 2024
Replying to forecheck - nope - not copy and paste. I put together the info and the profiles and the rankings. The QMJHL staffs and Eastlink TV who have been using my stuff for the past three years know who I am - and feel free to ask them.

Haters gonna hate - mockers gonna mock - scoffers gonna scoff. I fully expect that.

I honestly didn't think I was going to sell a single subscription when I first started. I knew other people were using my info as their own over the past few years, so I just figured I'd see if there was a market. I had been told that people really liked what I was doing, but I knew not to let it hurt my feelings if there was no interest.

I was surprised when somebody bought a subscription after only about 15 minutes. After the first day, I made $450. After eight days, I had made $1,050. I couldn't believe it, really. I don't like talking money because you can never look good doing that, but just trying to say that I was overwhelmed. I don't think it's so much me - as there being a market for it. People like being informed about things like the QMJHL draft.

My partner(s) seem to have more faith in me than I do in myself. They think sales are going to boom the closer the draft gets. I'm still expecting sales to dry up and stop - but there seems to be a steady market. Scouts, agents, staffs, parents and players - they have vested interests and want to see everything out there - fans like here - not so much.

It sounds easy, but believe me, not everybody can spend hours and hours every day - watching distant grainy footage of hockey games in French (some quality is good as well) - trying to match jersey numbers with names - FF and RW their every shift - every game - make notes of what they do well - skating - scoring - shot - physicality - what they need to work on. Then, you put it all together with a pic - updated weekly stats - past stats - and then you start ranking them. Then you get down to 40 in-depth player bios completed - then 60 - then 80 - then 100 - then 150 - then 200.

People just don't have the time and the patience or the interest to do that. For some strange reason - I like doing every part of it and find it very challenging. I'm told by a lot of scouts, GM's and agents that I'm really good at it. I'm very humble though - and after a month - I'm still in a state of disbelief.

Anyway - thanks for the attention. Hopefully it directs a few people who want some accurate, informative, in-depth player profiles and draft info my way.

Hope all are enjoying the day wherever you are.

Forecheck1

May 19, 2023
Replying to forecheck - nope - not copy and paste. I put together the info and the profiles and the rankings. The QMJHL staffs and Eastlink TV who have been using my stuff for the past three years know who I am - and feel free to ask them.

Haters gonna hate - mockers gonna mock - scoffers gonna scoff. I fully expect that.

I honestly didn't think I was going to sell a single subscription when I first started. I knew other people were using my info as their own over the past few years, so I just figured I'd see if there was a market. I had been told that people really liked what I was doing, but I knew not to let it hurt my feelings if there was no interest.

I was surprised when somebody bought a subscription after only about 15 minutes. After the first day, I made $450. After eight days, I had made $1,050. I couldn't believe it, really. I don't like talking money because you can never look good doing that, but just trying to say that I was overwhelmed. I don't think it's so much me - as there being a market for it. People like being informed about things like the QMJHL draft.

My partner(s) seem to have more faith in me than I do in myself. They think sales are going to boom the closer the draft gets. I'm still expecting sales to dry up and stop - but there seems to be a steady market. Scouts, agents, staffs, parents and players - they have vested interests and want to see everything out there - fans like here - not so much.

It sounds easy, but believe me, not everybody can spend hours and hours every day - watching distant grainy footage of hockey games in French (some quality is good as well) - trying to match jersey numbers with names - FF and RW their every shift - every game - make notes of what they do well - skating - scoring - shot - physicality - what they need to work on. Then, you put it all together with a pic - updated weekly stats - past stats - and then you start ranking them. Then you get down to 40 in-depth player bios completed - then 60 - then 80 - then 100 - then 150 - then 200.

People just don't have the time and the patience or the interest to do that. For some strange reason - I like doing every part of it and find it very challenging. I'm told by a lot of scouts, GM's and agents that I'm really good at it. I'm very humble though - and after a month - I'm still in a state of disbelief.

Anyway - thanks for the attention. Hopefully it directs a few people who want some accurate, informative, in-depth player profiles and draft info my way.

So people are paying for an anonymous guys opinions ??

Put your name on it and I would have more respect for your initiative. You didn't seem to answer why you dont want to put your name on it? .... Its great you have opinions on players but what is your background in hockey that gives your opinions any credibility ? Your charging money for your Opinions - the least you can do is stand behind your work with a name and your background .

But i doubt you would ever do that - Thats not your past history - you have taken pot shots at people on your little message board for years ... grow a set and put your name out there !!

Oh and have a great day ...

Reactions: JustPuckinAround

projet

Oct 24, 2022

Not getting into the argument up there, but the only comment I would have is to name the quoted source (scout's name, parents, player himself etc..) in the player's profile, otherwise it feels like it's been submitted by the player's dad trying to showcase his player... You said it yourself "It's all about player promotion" ...
At least if it comes from family or player himself it's honest toward the audience to know it.

JustPuckinAround

Feb 2, 2024
So people are paying for an anonymous guys opinions ??

Put your name on it and I would have more respect for your initiative. You didn't seem to answer why you dont want to put your name on it? .... Its great you have opinions on players but what is your background in hockey that gives your opinions any credibility ? Your charging money for your Opinions - the least you can do is stand behind your work with a name and your background .

But i doubt you would ever do that - Thats not your past history - you have taken pot shots at people on your little message board for years ... grow a set and put your name out there !!

Oh and have a great day ...

I totally agree Forecheck1 ... this is a guy who hides behind a profile and takes shots at anyone he feels like on that message board, almost always at people who's really out there working the scene with their names on the line !

I can put that aside a bit for scouting but when you start allowing anonymous users to add input to scouting lists and claim its the best source you can find is laughable .. I've seen some serious bad hockey takes from this guy in the past .. i also question his ability to watch games objectively without bias . Today he was posting about an incident that happened in a JRA MJAHL game saying a head butt wasn't caught on video .. it was as clear as possible on video. he has had lots of other situations where claims were just straight up wrong and if people point out his bad takes I hear he has a fit .. He also goes between saying hes not a scout and being like aww shucks I just do it as a hobby to pumping the tires of the scouting service ..

Lastly he paired up with an agency to sell these rankings - tell me that there is possibly no bias there ?

Reactions: Forecheck1

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Assuming they're committed to the Q, where can you expect Maddox Dagenais and Tristan Venne to go? Both are outscoring, or keeping pace with, some highly touted prospects for the OHL draft.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Assuming they're committed to the Q, where can you expect Maddox Dagenais and Tristan Venne to go? Both are outscoring, or keeping pace with, some highly touted prospects for the OHL draft.
I guess I'd have both of them in the first two rounds, based on talent only.

RantAndRoarNL

Nov 30, 2022

1709131915003.png

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I would love to see Moncton draft Dagenais to get father and son...Dagenais would be top 5 in the draft for sure and Venne would be top 10

SWNBhockey

Apr 22, 2021
Its an interesting way of announcing it. The kids listed on the A and B rankings are all but assured to be there but the kids on the bubble not on the rankings will have an uneasy day wondering if they made the cut or not. Not sure if they would just rather receive an email that they made it.

I also wonder if they would have talked to the kids like Lawrence who have commits elsewhere to see if they will show up or will they give the spot and then backfill later with kids not making it today.

and yes I believe its still 80 and 40

Reactions: RantAndRoarNL

RantAndRoarNL

Nov 30, 2022
Its an interesting way of announcing it. The kids listed on the A and B rankings are all but assured to be there but the kids on the bubble not on the rankings will have an uneasy day wondering if they made the cut or not. Not sure if they would just rather receive an email that they made it.

I also wonder if they would have talked to the kids like Lawrence who have commits elsewhere to see if they will show up or will they give the spot and then backfill later with kids not making it today.

and yes I believe its still 80 and 40
Also, considering that for some kids invited to top 120 doesn't mean drafted either, 12 kids who attended this event last year didn't get drafted in the 252. Further highlights the difference between CSR and team opinions of players.

Further, if they invited top 120 combined (no 80/40 split) , might be very few Atlantic players invited.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
No Aiden O'Donnell on the Q Cup list. I heard he had a pathway to declare for the OHL draft, and this would support that.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Cape Breton will be trading that St John pick they hold to beef up next season.Send it to Halifax for Cataford be nice ,beens as though Mooseheads will need a rebuild and a top 3 pick could help speed it up.

Reactions: Brady jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad