Series Discussion: 2024 Playoffs - First Round - Jets vs Avalanche

Final Series Outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
One of either samberg or stanley should sit next gamw. Liabilities

Would love to get the former back to his proper side on the left as the top priority.

He's given this team a lot of solid minutes throughout the season.

I hope the coaching staff can re-jig things to give him a shot of confidence and get him back on track keeping his game simple.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I don’t envy the goalie situation there. It’s a tough spot to be in. I don’t think going with the Holm is the answer in any scenario. At least geogiyev has nhl experience. Annunen probably needs to see the net but he’s also sick so can’t go in next game.
Bednar has it tough but he’s a smart, good coach I’m sure he’ll make the call he feels is best for the team given what options he has in front of him

In terms of animosity - I don’t think you’ll find any Jets fans who hate the Avs lol. We respect the team a lot, we like a lot of Avs players, many of us cheered you guys on in 2022 (myself especially, thank you for taking out the oilers that year), a lot of ex Jets 1.0/winnipeg hockey fans cheered on the Avs when the Jets 1.0 left

and not only are yours fans a friendly bunch your radio/media personalities are always giving us respect back as well. Everyone wants their home team to win but nothing wrong with good ol fashioned human decency :)
Nordiques were my other team as I became a fan of all their young talent and cheered for them when they relocated to Cclorado.

Along with Selanne, FORSBERG is my all time favourite player. Hated the Red Wings so I was 100% an Avalanche fan through all their battles.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Top 2 lines need to show up...

Quit looking for the pretty play, get it on net, and crash the crease.

Bucky needs to stay in his net.

Lets see if the Jets have pushback in game 3.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
5v5 raw xGF/xGA - 5 of the worst 6 are Jets so far in the playoffs. Small sample alert but they've looked every inch of this:

(Rank | Player | xGF | xGA | xGF%)
1713982934050.png

Christ Jesus, Neal Pionk!

You're not going to win a lot of series with this going on - those guys are 6 of the Top 8 in TOI as well. Looking at the /60 rates it's not much better. Pionk and Scheif are still the bottom 2.

Bednar must be thanking the Hockey Gods that Bones is insisting on throwing Pionk out there with Scheifele's line as much as possible. He should defer last change at home... :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
5v5 raw xGF/xGA - 5 of the worst 6 are Jets so far in the playoffs. Small sample alert but they've looked every inch of this:

(Rank | Player | xGF | xGA | xGF%)
View attachment 858929

Christ Jesus, Neal Pionk!

You're not going to win a lot of series with this going on - those guys are 6 of the Top 8 in TOI as well. Looking at the /60 rates it's not much better. Pionk and Scheif are still the bottom 2.

Bednar must be thanking the Hockey Gods that Bones is insisting on throwing Pionk out there with Scheifele's line as much as possible. He should defer last change at home... :laugh:

The Pionk love makes no sense to me. He's bad defensively and is awful managing the puck, both things Bones hates and yet he never sees any change in role.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The Pionk love makes no sense to me. He's bad defensively and is awful managing the puck, both things Bones hates and yet he never sees any change in role.
Move him down to the 3rd pair with the other $6M RH dman -
What this should be telling you is that we don't have much to play with on our blueline - it's not like we can shuffle the deck and by any further ahead other than showing chevy that he signed a couple of bad contracts / trades.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Move him down to the 3rd pair with the other $6M RH dman -
What this should be telling you is that we don't have much to play with on our blueline - it's not like we can shuffle the deck and by any further ahead other than showing chevy that he signed a couple of bad contracts / trades.

They could have aggressively tried to get Heinola / Miller / Capo some game experience down the stretch though when we had a bit of a buffer to work with.

This org seems to decide what the status quo is going to be in fall though and stick to that no matter what.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
They could have aggressively tried to get Heinola / Miller / Capo some game experience down the stretch though when we had a bit of a buffer to work with.

This org seems to decide what the status quo is going to be in fall though and stick to that no matter what.
Can't see these guys in the lineup while we sit $12M - maybe one of them in over Smitty but we were discussing Pionk.
Frustrating to watch that kind of cap hit not getting it done but it's hard to sit them both - and I'm not convinced any of those guys are going to be difference makers anyway.
I agree that we need to make room for younger potentials but we were all in during the season (contender status and all that) and I think most were content with what we iced over pulling these guys to make room for the AHL.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think Stan is back in but hoping for

CSV - because we are trapped with them
Nino-Monahan-Ehlers
Gus-Lowry-Apples
AJF-Names-Iafallo

Jomo-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk - because Pionk will never be demoted
Schmidt-Miller

Reactions: roccerfeller

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I think Stan is back in but hoping for

CSV - because we are trapped with them
Nino-Monahan-Ehlers
Gus-Lowry-Apples
AJF-Names-Iafallo

Jomo-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk - because Pionk will never be demoted
Schmidt-Miller
I think there is a good chance dillon is good to go tomorrow

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Jets are done in 5, unless major changes are made tomorrow. What do we have to lose?
Big disagree - Jets were taking it to the avalanche game 3 until the penalty parade in the third. I have a very good feeling about heading back to Winnipeg tied for game 5 on tuesday.

Colorado lost their 1st game, then won games 2 and 3 last year against the Kraken. They lost the series in 7

Reactions: jetsforever

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Big disagree - Jets were taking it to the avalanche game 3 until the penalty parade in the third. I have a very good feeling about heading back to Winnipeg tied for game 5 on tuesday.

Colorado lost their 1st game, then won games 2 and 3 last year against the Kraken. They lost the series in 7
The Jets have been badly outplayed in all 3 games. It has not even been close. Jets were not "taking it to the Avalanche" at any time. They were up by one goal, while being out-shot.

If the Jets do not do something drastic, they will be golfing by Wednesday.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The Jets have been badly outplayed in all 3 games. It has not even been close. Jets were not "taking it to the Avalanche" at any time. They were up by one goal, while being out-shot.

yet we finished with as many 5v5 shots as them, doubled their high danger chances 5v5 and 10 more scoring chances 5v5

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018

Probably not. It's supposed to rain on Wednesday. 😆
Looks like AJF will be our saviour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad