Series Discussion: 2024 Playoffs - First Round - Jets vs Avalanche

Final Series Outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I'm waiting for my lunch to thaw so I checked out the Colorado Avalanche playoff series board. I'm amazed at how grim and pessimistic they are. Most comments suggest that the Jets will win in 6 but a persistent few are expecting a Jets sweep.

The majority of complaints are directed at the coach but various players are accused of being slackers and not giving much effort. Quite a surprise to find.
Yeah, I don't get the doom and gloom over there. Drouin's injury notwithstanding. They're a 107 point team who won the cup a couple of years ago.

m.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
For whatever reason, I feel like we get through Colorado only to meet Vegas again with a predictable result. Never know, though. 3rd time is the charm.
I'd love to play Vegas, I think we'd clobber them

This is a dangerous team with elite offense. We need to keep it 5 on 5 as much as we can.

We need to bring fear, uncertainty and doubt into their game early

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, I don't get the doom and gloom over there. Drouin's injury notwithstanding. They're a 107 point team who won the cup a couple of years ago.

m.
It's been a traumatic few weeks for Colorado and their fans. They had a losing record to end the season, nearly lost Ratanen for this series to a concussion (and I consider him still vulnerable to a hard hit), lost Drouin and have had a terrible record against the Jets this season, culminating in the 7-0 loss.

How bad was the loss to the Jets? The only worse shutout loss in Avalanche history was 8-0, which happened when the then Quebec Nordiques lost to the Montreal Canadiens on Mar 22, 1989

Lastly, did you know that fan bases sometimes over-react (except for ours)? ;)

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I wonder who takes Barron’s spot on the 4th line for now. Perfetti w/ 19 goals in 71 games? David Gustafsson? I would like Perfetti but something tells be it’ll be Gustafsson.

Gus is my guess as his game is closer to Barron’s than Cole’s game. Would be nice having Cole’s offensive instinct to take advantage of some sloppy Colorado d-zone play though.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I think that many people on these types of forums are excessively negative on their team’s chances as a coping mechanism. I would be willing to bet that the average fan who are not on these boards, are no where near as negative as that crowd.

ps - microwaves have been known to speed up thawing.

Guilty as charged.

I’d rather expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised than be confident as all hell and then feel like I’ve been kicked down a flight of stairs. ( Like LEAFS Fans)

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It's been a traumatic few weeks for Colorado and their fans. They had a losing record to end the season, nearly lost Ratanen for this series to a concussion (and I consider him still vulnerable to a hard hit), lost Drouin and have had a terrible record against the Jets this season, culminating in the 7-0 loss.

How bad was the loss to the Jets? The only worse shutout loss in Avalanche history was 8-0, which happened when the then Quebec Nordiques lost to the Montreal Canadiens on Mar 22, 1989

Lastly, did you know that fan bases sometimes over-react (except for ours)? ;)
Did you know Avs lost 6 of 7 to end the 2022 season and won the Stanley Cup?
Boston won 15 of their last 16 games going into the playoffs last year ... they lost first round.
Playoffs are a new season ... regular season means s**t.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Gus is my guess as his game is closer to Barron’s than Cole’s game. Would be nice having Cole’s offensive instinct to take advantage of some sloppy Colorado d-zone play though.
Yeah it’s going to be Gus. Personally I think it should be Cole though. Not sure how to justify benching Cole in light of his numbers especially given his limited ice time in the second half of the season. I’ve also found that after the extra-long press box stint he performed quite well and got out of that slump - one would think you’d want him in the line up now especially with Barron injured you’d think he’d be the next player in. It would appear that Cole is our 14th fwd with a fully healthy roster now, as opposed to 13th fwd lol. It is what it is!

I’m not convinced that our forward group is that much deeper than Colorado’s from a scoring perspective on lines 2, 3, and 4, at least not with Perfetti sitting out.

The Drouin injury does change things a bit, as that forces Parise on the top line.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Six games of worshipping MacKinnon and interviewing captain Dave Lowry...

Yep -- that PBP was shocking. Might not have known who the Avs were playing had I not done a bit of research first. Long soliloquies on Mack and his combo of speed and ferocity even as goals were being scored, along with bits of random AI factoids on the Jets -- "NamESTniKOFF, he's a versatile player, up and down the lineup, plays centre and wing -- AND IT'S MACKINNON AND HE'S TOUCHED THE PUCK BOY HOWDY THAT IS SOME PLAYER and rhe Jets score,,,"

Had to kill the volume, close my eyes, visions of Save On in me head.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Easiest prediction of all time. Enjoy the free trip to the second round fellas

Series is long man. Don’t be so quick until it’s over and dusted

Jets won game 1 last year too and we were the first team to leave the playoffs. As a Jets fan obviously I want my team to win, but I’m not gonna celebrate victory until the series is over and they’ve actually won.

Still at least 3 more games to go plus we don’t know if Bednar will continue with Georgiev in the series

And, you saw how the Avs can just fire goals at will. I don’t think Bednar will start Gerogiev for 4 straight games

If he does I will be shocked.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Series is long man. Don’t be so quick until it’s over and dusted

Jets won game 1 last year too and we were the first team to leave the playoffs. As a Jets fan obviously I want my team to win, but I’m not gonna celebrate victory until the series is over and they’ve actually won.

Still at least 3 more games to go plus we don’t know if Bednar will continue with Georgiev in the series

And, you saw how the Avs can just fire goals at will. I don’t think Bednar will start Gerogiev for 4 straight games

If he does I will be shocked.
You guys are making it tough to have animosity towards lol. My biggest fear is that 6eorgiev has a half way decent game 2 and we still lose and they keep going back to him until it's too late. But I guess we have nobody else 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: roccerfeller

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
You guys are making it tough to have animosity towards lol. My biggest fear is that 6eorgiev has a half way decent game 2 and we still lose and they keep going back to him until it's too late. But I guess we have nobody else 🤷‍♂️

I don’t envy the goalie situation there. It’s a tough spot to be in. I don’t think going with the Holm is the answer in any scenario. At least geogiyev has nhl experience. Annunen probably needs to see the net but he’s also sick so can’t go in next game.
Bednar has it tough but he’s a smart, good coach I’m sure he’ll make the call he feels is best for the team given what options he has in front of him

In terms of animosity - I don’t think you’ll find any Jets fans who hate the Avs lol. We respect the team a lot, we like a lot of Avs players, many of us cheered you guys on in 2022 (myself especially, thank you for taking out the oilers that year), a lot of ex Jets 1.0/winnipeg hockey fans cheered on the Avs when the Jets 1.0 left

and not only are yours fans a friendly bunch your radio/media personalities are always giving us respect back as well. Everyone wants their home team to win but nothing wrong with good ol fashioned human decency :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad