Series Discussion: 2024 Playoffs - First Round - Jets vs Avalanche

Final Series Outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Habs fan here, when the Jets gave a first for Monahan everybody thought they overpaid and Monahan wasn't good enough to turn the Jets into a real contender, except Habs fans who thought it was a good deal.

Now that the playoffs are about to start, what are your thoughts on Monahan?
His playoff stats looked good - I've always liked that trade... seems like a guy that steps it up in the playoffs... while lindholm kind of disappears

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It really sucks that street party tickets went on sale before before the schedule was announced.

Hard to plan out which game(s) to attend before the dates are confirmed.
Is that what happened? I was one of those waiting for confirmation of when the first game would be played. I hope everyone that snapped up all the tickets are actually going :ha:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Is that what happened? I was one of those waiting for confirmation of when the first game would be played. I hope everyone that snapped up all the tickets are actually going :ha:
Yeah, tickets went on sale a couple days ago (before the schedule was announced). I figured they’d sell out but I just had no choice but to wait to see if they were playing while I’m at work (since I do shift work). I didn’t want to buy tickets that I couldn’t use.

Unfortunately there will probably be some people who got stuck with tickets that they can’t use now due to scheduling conflicts if they bought with an anticipated series start date of Monday.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Yeah, tickets went on sale a couple days ago (before the schedule was announced). I figured they’d sell out but I just had no choice but to wait to see if they were playing while I’m at work (since I do shift work). I didn’t want to buy tickets that I couldn’t use.

Unfortunately there will probably be some people who got stuck with tickets that they can’t use now due to scheduling conflicts if they bought with an anticipated series start date of Monday.
Hopefully I can get some off of Kijiji....

Reactions: snowkiddin

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
For some reason I'm pessimistic. I think it's more of a "Don't give me hope" situation after the start of last season.

Also, it appears like the games EXACTLY line up with the MJHL finals, at least through three games, lol.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Could this be a, gulp, Logan Stanley coming out party?:popcorn:

He was pretty bleh the last 2 so hopefully more of that Dallas Colorado play. He could be a gamechanger if he's bodying the hell out of everyone while playing as well as he did those 2 games.

Why is the game on at 8:30 on Tuesday? There are two American games earlier and then Nash-Van starts at 9:00. Doesn't make any sense.

They gotta push the america angle and no one outside of winnipeg cares about winnipeg?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Habs fan here, when the Jets gave a first for Monahan everybody thought they overpaid and Monahan wasn't good enough to turn the Jets into a real contender, except Habs fans who thought it was a good deal.

Now that the playoffs are about to start, what are your thoughts on Monahan?
Monahan has been great absolutely worth the 1st and 3rd round picks.:naughty:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Man, this could end up being f***ing anything.

4-2 Jets. Both Brossoit and Annunen to get more than one period during the series.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad