Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I’d be extremely happy with Suamataia, McConkey or Corley.

Still in mourning over Legette so please respect my privacy. Only saving grace is he didn’t go to KC

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mitchell or Ladd
Mitchell type 1 diabetes scaring shit out of people

Ladd would be fantastic but ……

they need Aiyuk or Higgins TYPE of receiver

I would do 34 for him with extension taking him 5 years here

Other teams want him though

Higgins same

I’d be extremely happy with Suamataia, McConkey or Corley.

Still in morning over Legette so please respect my privacy. Only saving grace is he didn’t go to KC
Haha

Love opinion and humor - I’ll take they do what you have

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Ricky Pearsall was the guy i was hoping they would target in the 2nd round if they traded down. So much for that.
I'm still concerned about drafting Florida WRs. Not sure why Chad Jackson hurt me so much, but the pain lingers.

Mitchell type 1 diabetes scaring shit out of people

Ladd would be fantastic but ……

they need Aiyuk or Higgins TYPE of receiver

I would do 34 for him with extension taking him 5 years here

Other teams want him though

Higgins same

Haha

Love opinion and humor - I’ll take they do what you have
What kind of contract do you see Aiyuk or Higgins getting. Paying one of these guys 30 per would be asinine. Even 20 sounds crazy to me, but I am hoping that is the market. It certainly won't be less. Are they really good enough for that. I see each as a low end number 1 or high end number 2.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm still concerned about drafting Florida WRs. Not sure why Chad Jackson hurt me so much, but the pain lingers.

What kind of contract do you see Aiyuk or Higgins getting. Paying one of these guys 30 per would be asinine. Even 20 sounds crazy to me, but I am hoping that is the market. It certainly won't be less. Are they really good enough for that. I see each as a low end number 1 or high end number 2.
They would get whet the Browns just got AAV

They both fit and change the entire offense sort of way Chara & Savy when Bruins signed

Both are more along Savy type of add but other teams would have to plan against

I am good with stick and pick at 34

I actually would go off script and take CONNOR DEJEAN

I doubt they take him but he would be a legend here

Can play corner safety and cover guys like Bowers & Kincaid

move in to late second and get WR I don’t see T value there

Reactions: HustleB and KOZ37

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I just wish more people were predicting greatness out of Maye, like they are with Harrison.

Who knows, he may end up a pro-bowler, but gun to my head I’d have taken Harrison or taken the Minnesota deal (assuming it was legit) and taken McCarthy at 10 and Thomas or Morgan at 23.

That’s a 3 overall….good or bad, they don’t come along often here and I’d just have liked a more impactful move there.

Someone else posted how interesting it’s going to be 3 years from now to see where all these QB’s are.

History says the amount of success each guy has definitely won’t be consistent to where they were picked.

I’m not entirely confident that this group can be counted on to make the right choice.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
1714134451351.png

Good with this

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
After months of dreading the Pats taking JJ McCarthy at number freaking 3 I hope I am wrong about him and he becomes a very good NFL QB. Seems like a nice kid, and to be completely honest the type of prospect you take early in the second round.

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I just wish more people were predicting greatness out of Maye, like they are with Harrison.

Who knows, he may end up a pro-bowler, but gun to my head I’d have taken Harrison or taken the Minnesota deal (assuming it was legit) and taken McCarthy at 10 and Thomas or Morgan at 23.

That’s a 3 overall….good or bad, they don’t come along often here and I’d just have liked a more impactful move there.

Someone else posted how interesting it’s going to be 3 years from now to see where all these QB’s are.

History says the amount of success each guy has definitely won’t be consistent to where they were picked.

I’m not entirely confident that this group can be counted on to make the right choice.
This is why we watch sports - the great unknown

Some absolutely love like Tim Hasselback some think bad like Merrill Hoge

I didn’t like Bergeron after reading he wasn’t a great skater, average size and shot needs work

How’d that go

Reactions: BMC and HustleB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This is why we watch sports - the great unknown

Some absolutely love like Tim Hasselback some think bad like Merrill Hoge

I didn’t like Bergeron after reading he wasn’t a great skater, average size and shot needs work

How’d that go
Agreed.

None of us knows for sure.

In this case I’d just be happier with quantity over quality, because the “quality” (Maye) isn’t exactly guaranteed.

And, it seems like it’s much easier to project OL and WR picks accurately than it is with QB’s.

Reactions: BMC and HustleB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed.

None of us knows for sure.

In this case I’d just be happier with quantity over quality, because the “quality” (Maye) isn’t exactly guaranteed.

And, it seems like it’s much easier to project OL and WR picks accurately than it is with QB’s.
I’m texting with Lou all the time about this stuff and he just texted me what I been thinking - Connor DeJean if Buffalo didn’t get him at 31

My preference is
DeJean
Ladd
Adonai Mitchell

If it’s not flipped for Aiyuk

Reactions: HustleB and sarge88

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
They would get whet the Browns just got AAV

They both fit and change the entire offense sort of way Chara & Savy when Bruins signed

Both are more along Savy type of add but other teams would have to plan against

I am good with stick and pick at 34

I actually would go off script and take CONNOR DEJEAN

I doubt they take him but he would be a legend here

Can play corner safety and cover guys like Bowers & Kincaid

move in to late second and get WR I don’t see T value there
We do need a WR of course but Cooper DeJean is the real deal. If they do not like the WR and cannot get Aiyuk, I take this kid and don't look back. Line him up opposite Christian Gonzalez and we have our CB duo for the foreseeable future. Bonus is he is a stud KR too. Just hoping Buffalo doesn't trade for Aiyuk now.....not sure they have the cap space though.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We do need a WR of course but Cooper DeJean is the real deal. If they do not like the WR and cannot get Aiyuk, I take this kid and don't look back. Line him up opposite Christian Gonzalez and we have our CB duo for the foreseeable future. Bonus is he is a stud KR too. Just hoping Buffalo doesn't trade for Aiyuk now.....not sure they have the cap space though.
My war room is my tv room and this is fun so Im right there with you

DeJean can cover in middle of field and outside, deep, blitz, and even beat Caitlin Clark in a game of 1 on 1 if she takes him up on it

Buffalo needs S & CB they should take him as well

Going to be a wild day

Yesterday I was in @EverettMike mode as related to 3rd pick now I’m like I got $10 as a kid for my birthday to spend at Woolworth’s and there are lots of options (remember a bannana split cost 49 cents - right @Fenway & @Gee Wally )

Im hoping for Coleman in round 2. Big, physical, play making X receiver who has the Moss like ability to win 50-50 balls and make contested catches
Great take - definitely can embrace this

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I’m texting with Lou all the time about this stuff and he just texted me what I been thinking - Connor DeJean if Buffalo didn’t get him at 31

My preference is
DeJean
Ladd
Adonai Mitchell

If it’s not flipped for Aiyuk
We have holes to fill everywhere, you take the best player available, we are in a rebuild.
My list would be:

Dejean
Mitchell
McConkey

The Bills are taking a WR with their pick, that is a no brainer.

Aiyuk and Higgins will be staying with their teams.
I could see a trade being made for them at some point after the season starts.

Reactions: DKH

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
my target at wr. size and speed.

He will be around in the later rounds 4-5th, he is not a second round pick.
I like him because he can play in cold weather, has some decent speed but cannot block which will scare many teams away.
If we take a WR in round 2 or 3, which I think we will, we have other holes to fill ( O-line / RB / TE / CB), so I would pass on him.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
He will be around in the later rounds 4-5th, he is not a second round pick.
I like him because he can play in cold weather, has some decent speed but cannot block which will scare many teams away.
If we take a WR in round 2 or 3, which I think we will, we have other holes to fill ( O-line / RB / TE / CB), so I would pass on him.
Low effort blocker. I was conviced that was Mike Gesicki. No problem. Catch the ball and run. Need better players everywhere.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Only justification I've seen for the Falcons pick is they're getting out in front of the tampering punishment. There's a good chance they'll lose a 1st rd pick from it, so they might've said lets not risk it and get our long term guy before it comes down

Reactions: KOZ37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad