Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Right choice you need a top QB to compete now. I can't scout college QBs for the life of me but he was consensus top 3 QB in this draft, now let's get to work

Reactions: Gordoff

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Thank you for loving to run the football Jim Harbaugh. +850 odds that should have been at least half that, only regret is not jumping on it when it was +1400

Reactions: CDJ

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
I can't fault them for drafting a QB but at the same time I still kind of wish they took Marvin Harrison Jr. and drafted a QB in the 2nd Round.

You can ruin a QB by thrusting them into a situation with nobody to throw to. The reverse is less true, and the Patriots are almost certainly going to suck this coming year no matter what (and will have another high draft pick as a result).

Hopefully they keep him on the bench for most of the 2024 Season and do his development right, nobody wants Mac Jones 2.0.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Obviously we don’t have a crystal ball, but seems like MH2 is as close to a sure thing as you can get.

The type that can make a good QB look great.

If not him, I’d have much rather seen them trade down and get a few good pieces.

Only time will tell.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Now go get him a receiver
I am torn on WR and OT. We have a new system, and in the past system we used the linemen had highly specialized skillsets. Onwenu should be fine. How many others will be average NFL players in a different system. I am just not sure. I am certainly not ecstatic because we brought in a backup from Pittsburgh. But yeah i barely think we have a WR2 so if we could get a stud at the end of round 1 I would certainly understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad