Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

Krieger Bot

Apr 30, 2007
1713571025464.png

Is there an HF Sabres bracket pool? I'm happy to start one if others are interested. But don't want to duplicate efforts if someone else is planning to make one.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
It's still the catch all NHL thread I assume.

Sucks the Traverse Rookie Tournament is all the way down to two teams after having as much as 8.

I would like to see an actual tournament at Harbor Center instead of just the round robin they have now.

Reactions: HOOats

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

I think the Jets may surprise and make short work of the Avs.

Georgiev hasn’t been very good all season. His save% has been sub .900. I imagine they start with him. But how quickly do they turn to their backup? I think the jets may expose him early in the series.

Meanwhile the Jets have Helly.

Reactions: Chainshot

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Randomly stumbled upon this video last night. Forgot how each line would just come at you. Wave after wave after wave of speed each shift.

Briere's OT goal is @ 1:29:27

One day the stadium will rock like that again. What a special season. Wasn't their nickname the cardiac kids because theyd give us heart attacks by coming back and winning so much throughout the season or am I wrong?

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
One day the stadium will rock like that again. What a special season. Wasn't their nickname the cardiac kids because theyd give us heart attacks by coming back and winning so much throughout the season or am I wrong?
Not to get too far off topic, but I always hoped someone with more tactical knowledge than me would do a comparison the style and success of the 05-07 teams with the style and struggles of the 22-24 teams.

I know that having guys like Drury, Grier, Gaustad, and Hecht went a long way toward forming responsible two-way lines, but my memory is fuzzy. Did those teams have defensive warts that stressed us out or did we just outscore everyone? Did Miller and 10, 5, 74 just shut things down? I know they're different eras, but how did Ruff's run and gun system compare to Donnie's (esp last year)?

Krieger Bot

Apr 30, 2007

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It’s going to be insane down by the arean when they get back into the playoffs. There has been so much development around the arena. It will be swarming with fans outside partying during games on top of the ones inside.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's still the catch all NHL thread I assume.

Sucks the Traverse Rookie Tournament is all the way down to two teams after having as much as 8.

I would like to see an actual tournament at Harbor Center instead of just the round robin they have now.

I'm curious with the Sabres having had a key injury in one of these twice if they continue with the practice.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's a miracle!

This is my shocked face. :lol:

Elsewhere:

39. Time to update the Nov. 1 stat. Avid readers know that I keep track of who is more than four points out of a playoff position after games on that date. This year, one of those teams (Edmonton) recovered, while Calgary, Pittsburgh and San Jose missed. In 82-game seasons during the salary-cap era, 10 of 70 teams in that hole made the playoffs. Can’t start poorly, kids.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

lol what an asshole. “People will be paid back ASAP” is the proper response there, not “it’ll be addressed, geez, can’t a guy hold your money under false pretenses indefinitely?”

This is the same scum bag who wouldn’t pay hotels. He’d be a two-bit criminal if it weren’t for silver spoons and luck, but I digress.

Excited for the functional teams to take part in this playoff thing.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad