Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (Ducks pick #3, They didn’t drop! OMG It’s a Miracle!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It’s going to be obnoxious….
I wouldn’t mind if they were well thought out and addressed our needs but we’ll see a lot of

22nd pick + cap dump+ mid prospect
The only proposals that make sense are for a young current or potential top pairing RHD ideally with size, or Matthew Tkachuk.

Basically Dobson, Jiricek, Seider, Nemec, Faber.

If it isn't one of them, I would much rather keep Z and see how our forward group pans out.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The only proposals that make sense are for a young current or potential top pairing RHD ideally with size, or Matthew Tkachuk.

Basically Dobson, Jiricek, Seider, Nemec, Faber.

If it isn't one of them, I would much rather keep Z and see how our forward group pans out.
I’d think about Brady or a rhd + move like Reinbacher +

Assuming team doesn’t see zegras long term here. Which seems like mixed signals at times

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I'm ready for the lottery, man. This one feels like it matters more than last year because the floor in the worst case scenario is so much lower than it was last year.
How so? Seems like 2-10 are really in the eye of the beholder. Picking 4th or 5th may prevent them from getting Demidov or Levshunov but we don't even know if they want either of them.

Reactions: eaterfan

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I’d think about Brady or a rhd + move like Reinbacher +

Assuming team doesn’t see zegras long term here. Which seems like mixed signals at times
I just dont see where this came from. What has the organization ever done to signal that they dont see him here long term? It is 100% speculation from media sources.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
How so? Seems like 2-10 are really in the eye of the beholder. Picking 4th or 5th may prevent them from getting Demidov or Levshunov but we don't even know if they want either of them.
Because the consolation price last year was a 6'4 Swedish #1 center to build your team around for the next decade+.

This year that guy isn't there at #2 or 3.

Reactions: Terry Yake

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I just dont see where this came from. What has the organization ever done to signal that they dont see him here long term? It is 100% speculation from media sources.
Playing Devil’s Advocate here, but if they were really sure about Zegras’ fit long term they would have given him a 7 or 8 year deal instead of a bridge. And I’m not saying a bridge deal automatically means they don’t want him here for the long haul, but it does cast a touch of doubt. Again, for the record, I don’t personally think there is a cause for concern, but the chances are still greater than 0.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Playing Devil’s Advocate here, but if they were really sure about Zegras’ fit long term they would have given him a 7 or 8 year deal instead of a bridge. And I’m not saying a bridge deal automatically means they don’t want him here for the long haul, but it does cast a touch of doubt. Again, for the record, I don’t personally think there is a cause for concern, but the chances are still greater than 0.
The thing is, we really don't know that the team didn't want to sign him long term. He might have been trying to pull a Mathews/Marner (with their RFA deals) and the team had no choice but to go with a bridge. You can't let one guy wreck the salary structure of a young team with lots of star potential. We see how that played out in Toronto.

Reactions: Deuce22

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Players that got bridge deals:
Matthew Tkachuk
Elias Pettersson
Kucherov
Point
Sergachev

And many others.

Bridge deals can be desired by either side for a lot of reasons. I think it is safe to assume they couldn't agree on an AAV for a long term deal so a bridge was best for both sides. If PV didn't want him here he would have traded him last summer.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Because the consolation price last year was a 6'4 Swedish #1 center to build your team around for the next decade+.

This year that guy isn't there at #2 or 3.
Yeah but the Ducks had the best odds last year so the expectation to win was reasonably higher. Going into this lottery the expectation of winning is literally the same of going to a craps table and expecting to roll a hard 6 or 8. The more reasonable thought is to ascertain the drop from 3 to 4/5. In that more reasonable expectation, the floor is very limited.

DucksRoll

May 9, 2015
I want Anaheim to win, but if they don't, where they land 2-5 doesn't make that huge a difference to me other than a better pick increases the chance they get "their guy" instead of hoping he falls. Aside from that, if Chicago wins, I'll be majorly pissed off. Anyone else? Meh.

Reactions: HanSolo

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Imagine doing that as a troll and it actually ending up being that. My quest to stop the rigged-lottery idiocy would never end.

edit:

HE f***ING DELETED IT. Omg if that was a legit accident I am going to laugh so hard.

For anyone that missed it:
1715107836881.png

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'm hoping it's a small market team that has never won #1. In the last 20 years, the top 11 (roughly 1/3) valued franchises have won 12 #1 picks, the bottom 11 franchises have won 4. At some point, that's got to course correct. Too bad it wasn't last year, but hopefully small market teams go on a run starting with us this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad