Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Just wanted to ask if anyone else is traveling to Vegas for the draft? Wanted to know if there are some more fanaticals out there - haha!
Too bad the auction is the day before. I was 100% planning on going. Not anymore, and I'm pretty confident AM gets this done. Isn't this the last year the draft will be done using the current format?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I still think that Shai Buium will wait to sign a contract until he becomes an UFA and it's a possiblity that the team picking Zeev Buium in this year's draft may get a 2fer.

Reactions: Grimes

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I still think that Shai Buium will wait to sign a contract until he becomes an UFA and it's a possiblity that the team picking Zeev Buium in this year's draft may get a 2fer.

Haven't thought of this. Shai could be a great 7th Dman. Also I think having the Schmaltz and OEL brothers on the AHL team helps keep players happy

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Have to think Iginla is rocketing up the draft board. If you take his reg.season+PO’s he’s at 55g in 70gp. If you take Lindstrom’s pace over the same span, he’s at exactly the same. 55 for 70 pace.
Iginla a winger? Does he play like his dad?

Lindstrom is the big tough C and Iginla is the speedy winger. So edge to Lindstrom. But Iginla has the bloodlines and the recency bias and the good health.
We don't need another Hanzal.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I don't think it has to do with which team draft's Zeev. I think it has to do with if Shai thinks he's ready to make the jump after this year and the fact that Detroit is deep enough that he doesn't really have an open lane to NHL ice time like he would with other clubs. If he wants to make the jump now, he has some leverage by threatening to go to UFA after next season to force a trade.

We have open spots to fill next season, so there's certainly an opportunity if he really becomes available.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Since the 14 game losing streak and going 0 for February, these fools are on a 91pt pace since that time. 10 wins in 18 games. It’s maddening.
Every. f***ing. Year.

I'm not as tweaked about it this year as it wasn't supposed to be a tank season anyway but man it's the same old dumb as shit story. Bring a little hope early on when no one is trying really hard yet, then fold like a cheap suit as the competition ramps up then once there's zero pressure since it's all but impossible to make playoffs go on major winning streak to ensure you also f*** your draft position. The Coyotes are experts at the suboptimal season!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Every. f***ing. Year.

I'm not as tweaked about it this year as it wasn't supposed to be a tank season anyway but man it's the same old dumb as shit story. Bring a little hope early on when no one is trying really hard yet, then fold like a cheap suit as the competition ramps up then once there's zero pressure since it's all but impossible to make playoffs go on major winning streak to ensure you also f*** your draft position. The Coyotes are experts at the suboptimal season!
It’s all true.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I’d be surprised if we draft Dickinson, considering we haven’t drafted out of the OHL since 2018, or the Hayton draft.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
I think our scouting group's top 5 rankings are:

#1: Celebrini
#2 Demidov
#3: Silayev
#4: Lindstrom
#5: Yakemchuk

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We absolutely need another Hanzal! We had him for all his best years, and he was the envy of many other fans. Awesome hockey player, one of my favorites to lace em up here in the desert.
I was referring to his back problems not his hockey talent.:nod:

Since the 14 game losing streak and going 0 for February, these fools are on a 91pt pace since that time. 10 wins in 18 games. It’s maddening.
Tell that to the players.

Reactions: YotesFan47

rt

May 13, 2004
I’d be surprised if we draft Dickinson, considering we haven’t drafted out of the OHL since 2018, or the Hayton draft.
I’ve thought about this, too. It’s strange given BA himself was an OHLer. At this point I’m willing to call it a coincidence. Small sample. But if another year goes by, it’s going to be highly suspect. It feels…not intentional. Why would we draft so heavily out of the Q but not the O?

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The losing streak was the maddening part. The improvement is evidence that we're going the right way.
The season is a marathon not a sprint. The way it looks we are going to end up with less points this year than last, which I would call a disappointment. Could be the same next year, so I'm not sure about going in the right direction just yet. Sure the kids look good this year but let's see what happens next year when teams know the players better and will defend against them different. Re-builds are hard and long. Personally, I think like you, but I'm going to wait another year

rt

May 13, 2004
The season is a marathon not a sprint. The way it looks we are going to end up with less points this year than last, which I would call a disappointment. Could be the same next year, so I'm not sure about going in the right direction just yet. Sure the kids look good this year but let's see what happens next year when teams know the players better and will defend against them different. Re-builds are hard and long. Personally, I think like you, but I'm going to wait another year
We already have one more point this season than last.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ

Last Season: 70pts

This Season: 71pts with 5 games remaining. I'd definitely say that we have more pts than last season

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad