2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion, June 28-29th

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
This stinks..... I'm normally enthusiastic about the draft, but my enthusiasm is lacking, with the team now in Utah.
1715033668378.png

...for our annual one slot drop.

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
I've wanted some smart people to determine how much covering up player rape and not getting penalized for it made the Blackhawks when they got to use the pick they would've forfeited (in a just system) on Bedard.
Should’ve also been forced to take a year off playing, period. That shit’s horrific and inexcusable, especially with a good number of staff in on it and harassing the guy.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I've wanted some smart people to determine how much covering up player rape and not getting penalized for it made the Blackhawks when they got to use the pick they would've forfeited (in a just system) on Bedard.
I know the anti coyote crowd justified it in that the event was years before and was not fair to the current team to take away a lottery pick BUT I agree with you. Their 1st should have been forfeited.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Pittsburgh can't win. Their 1st went to SJ in the Karlsson trade.

Above list is good though. I'd also add Anaheim (f*** Zegras), and to a lesser extent Montreal (they just won) and Columbus (incompetent franchise and they've had lots of high picks).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
12 hours to the lottery.

Who do you NOT want to win?

For me it's Chicago followed by NJ, BUF, PIT.
I don’t want anyone behind us to win the lottery which would push us down in the order. I’m fine with the order remaining unchanged.

1. SJS: Celebrini
2. CHI: Demidov
3. ANA: Levshunov
4. CBJ: Silayev
5. MTL: Lindstrom
6. Utah: Buium/Dickinson

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
"We've got a good chance at picking at one, because the franchise has been so many times in the lottery and hasn't won it," Armstrong said. "Odds are, at some point in time, your numbers got to come up."

Someone's gotta explain to BA how odds work.
Yeah he needs to attend a first year stats class.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So what's on the card that Bill Daly turns over? We don't have a logo. Just 56pt Calibri that says UTAH? It won't happen but it would be a funny way to unveil the logo.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad