Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What do you think Lindstroms point production ceiling is? Both guys said 70ish points for Lindstroms upside, but with the added caveat of being a physical beast and centerman.
It might very well be Keith Primeau. Who knows. The point is Sennecke has as much of a chance at becoming a 90-100 point player as Owen Beck

It was clearly a joke as he laughed after saying it
It was not a joke. He’s basically saying anything can happen. That was his point. But it’s dumb

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Comparing Sennecke’s offensive abilities and upside to Beck…

Sennecke is so underrated lol.
I’m not comparing him to Beck. I’m saying the chances he has to reach 90-100 points in the NHL are the same - 0%. I like Sennecke but he doesn’t have that upside. Grant is exaggerating to try and get his point across.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Oilers got Ekholm for about what we traded to get Newhook, I’d want more from a 5OA

Peak Joe Thornton was traded to San Jose for a pile of crap. Who cares what Edmonton got him for, he's a great defenceman and not an offensive driver hence the Reinbacher comparison. If you want more from a 5OA you might want to adjust your expectations. You can't always hit a grand slam, but if you strike out entirely with a 5OA pick you're screwed.

Reactions: bopeep

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I’m not comparing him to Beck. I’m saying the chances he has to reach 90-100 points in the NHL are the same - 0%. I like Sennecke but he doesn’t have that upside. Grant is exaggerating to try and get his point across.
I think he can, maybe not 100 points but he has high end offensive tools and with how much he can still grow and get better, the upside is very high offensively. His offensive game is pretty complete.

Reactions: MeanMugging91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think he can, maybe not 100 points but he has high end offensive tools and with how much he can still grow and get better, the upside is very high offensively.
l’d venture to say in the last 25 years that there are 0 players from the entire CHL that scored under 70 points in their draft year, while playing the full season, and became 90-100 point NHL players.

Reactions: bopeep

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I feel like the Habs have the assets to move up to #2. #5 + WPG pick + Young Dman... Can't be too far off. Time to get a player with game breaking potential. Go get Demidov Hughes!
So long as the young d-man is only Harris, Engstrom or Struble. No Guhle, Arber, Lane or Logan,

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Ekholm at 24 YO probably gets you a 2nd or 3rd OA.
Was thinking he meant current Ekholm
Peak Joe Thornton was traded to San Jose for a pile of crap. Who cares what Edmonton got him for, he's a great defenceman and not an offensive driver hence the Reinbacher comparison. If you want more from a 5OA you might want to adjust your expectations. You can't always hit a grand slam, but if you strike out entirely with a 5OA pick you're screwed.
I’d see Ekholm as a great 2nd pairing D or complimentary D on first pair, important player but someone I think we can trade for like Edmonton did when you want to compete. At 5OA maybe you don’t go for the home run but squaring up to bunt shouldn’t be a strategy.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
The only D I’d take at 5OA is Buium. I think he’ll end up as no worse than the second best player in this draft.
I too am really into him and his game, I'm not as certain as you are about what you wrote, but it would not surprise me either.

I still of course want a forward but have no choice in the matter. :D

Reactions: Runner77

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
l’d venture to say in the last 25 years that there are 0 players from the entire CHL that scored under 70 points in their draft year, while playing the full season, and became 90-100 point NHL players.

Does Getzlaf count? Because funny enough, before the 2003 draft, Grant posted here that Getzlaf was on the Habs' shortlist. Posters were not happy. The main argument was that there's no way a guy who can't even score a point per game in his draft year (Getzlaf had 68 points in 70 games) will ever be a top line player in the NHL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Does Getzlaf count? Because funny enough, before the 2003 draft, Grant posted here that Getzlaf was on the Habs' shortlist. Posters were not happy. The main argument was that there's no way a guy who can't even score a point per game in his draft year (Getzlaf had 68 points in 70 games) will ever be a top line player in the NHL.
Oh I think Sennecke might have top line potential at his very best. I’m talking 70 points. I just think 100 is a ridiculous ceiling to give him.

Reactions: bleuetbio

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Food for thoughts: CBJ's biggest organizational need is a 2C and the new GM will more than likely aim for Lindstrom.

This means 2 things: it slightly increases the likelihood of Demidov falling to #5 but at the same time decreases the likelihood of Montreal getting one of Demidov/Lindstrom.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Food for thoughts: CBJ's biggest organizational need is a 2C and the new GM will more than likely aim for Lindstrom.

This means 2 things: it slightly increases the likelihood of Demidov falling to #5 but at the same time decreases the likelihood of Montreal getting one of Demidov/Lindstrom.
Center is a position of strength for Columbus.

Jenner, Fantilli, Sillinger, Johnson, Brinley, del bel Beluz.

A couple of them will likely end up at wing (certainly Brinkley), but there’s depth there.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

A couple of them will likely end up at wing (certainly Brinkley), but there’s depth there.
Voronkov too. I mean, they may very well want to pick Lindstrom, but I don't know how it's a need for them.

Fantilli and two of Jenner, Sillinger, Johnson, Del Bel Belluz and Voronkov is more than enough to man a top 9. They need a lot more help on W. They have quality every where, they just need to keep adding. They are the perfect case of "going BPA". In that case it's probably Demidov or Buium.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
“Kapanen could maybe become better than Lindstrom, so they should take Sennecke”

How am I supposed to respect Grant’s opinion when he spews dumb shit over and over again?
The problem with McCagg is he is only half right. I’m not a super fan of Lindstrom either, but that doesn’t mean we should take Senneke with the 5th OA. I would take a stud D, trade Matherson for a 12 OA pick, +/- 3.5, and take Senneke or Iginla, or some other top F prospect.

McCagg promoted McCarron, iirc, and although he was right that our DA management would take him, McCarron was a terrible prospect to promote in the first round.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

Jackets fan think Johnson is going to be a winger and Sillinger barely did better then his rookie season in his 3rd year in the NHL. Del Bel Beluz is doing good though.

You can never have enough Centers,, Just look at the Canadian Olympic rosters from past winter Olympics. A center can be a winger and succeed but a winger can't be a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad