Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Okay, draft experts(junkies). Can someone tell me how does Iginla compared to a Mathew Tkachuk draft year please? I think Tkachuk was more dynamic, maybe less of a versatile shooter as Iginla. Both seem to have that drive to the net ability and tendency which is great, can play with grit, good puck protectors, but I think Matthew had that extra step with his skating. Am I wrong or do we see similarities or not? Thanks in advance

I think the best comparable for Tij Iginla is Brad Marchand. He have the same intensity in his game, same skillset aswell.

• Haha
Reactions: Addik04

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Reinbacher will be a stud and his partner will be Sam Dickinson

Robidas blood pressure is way too high give him a break.

Listen to uncle Button

:teach:

I like your style but if we are going to throw the goddamn common sense out the window and pick another LD, go with Buium even though Dickinson will be a top D for any team. I just love Buium creativity so much.

But LD man? I’d have to sulk a bit for it to pass and not completely lose it at the sight of our F depth chart.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Except he’s nothing like Kessel. Kessel was a great skater and an underrated playmaker. A lethal snapshot while in stride. Eiserman is more Mike Hoffman than Kessel. Even then, Hoffman was a better skater.
I’m not the biggest Eiserman fan, but he’s getting a bad rap. Don’t think he’s the right player for us since we already have Caufield but could see Eiserman being the best goal scorer in this class.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Much too early to tell. Let’s see how both players fare.
Absolutely….I’m not ready by any stretch to say one is a failure or success….way way way too early for that.

My guess is both will be very good, was and still a big Leonard fan, like Reinbacher too….i hope they both pan out

Reactions: Runner77

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The pick of Jets is going 26 or 27 now. Vancouver need to lost their serie against Edmonton if we want 26.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The pick of Jets is going 26 or 27 now. Vancouver need to lost their serie against Edmonton if we want 26.
Ah well, at least we're being put out of our misery.

The Jets went on a really bad slide toward the end of the year and the pick looked really promising. Then they were the best team in the league for the final 8 games of the regular season. Then all the division winners make the conference finals keeping the pick from dropping back down...

Reactions: rahad and Gustave

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I like your style but if we are going to throw the goddamn common sense out the window and pick another LD, go with Buium even though Dickinson will be a top D for any team. I just love Buium creativity so much.

But LD man? I’d have to sulk a bit for it to pass and not completely lose it at the sight of our F depth chart.
Arguably the best D-man left in the playoffs is a LHD playing the right side, pick Buium if he’s BPA and then trade up with other assets to grab someone like Catton

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
If we get out of our “tank years” with a franchise forward, franchise RD and franchise LD, I’m stoked.

By the way, I just realized that our boi Bogdan Konyushkov is captain of the Torpedo team in the KHL...same team that has the young Anton Silayev in their lineup! I'm sure the Habs had plenty of viewing on him. Will be interesting to see

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I wouldn’t be mad. Dickinson is like Guhle with offense.
We have too many defencemen that are NHL-ready. We are going to reach a point of not only diminishing returns but of vanishing returns. The argument is to pick the BPA as if that is a certainty in this draft. Putting that argument aside and conceding it, I still maintain it's a losing proposition. We have to develop and showcase our surplus defencemen to trade them for forwards of equivalent value. There are only 6-7 spots on the team. We already have 7 LHD defencemen and 6 RHD defencemen. If we select another d-man there is no room on the Habs to showcase our surplus. Do we want to become the next Nashville?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Even considering the D logjam, I don't think we should pass on a perceived future top pairing D for a top six forward.

Demidov is the only forward that could technically (hopefully) be available at our spot that I'd be comfortable picking ahead of Dickinson/Buium. For the other usual forward suspects, hopefully the scouting staff manages to weed out which one has the highest upside, because I have absolutely no idea at this point.

That being said; if Catton falls in the teens due to size concerns... He's someone I think we should try to move up for.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Same….there’s just no way in hell we are picking a LD at 5

Top 5 for the Habs IMHO are….

1.Celebrini
2.Demidov
3.Lindstrom
4.Levshunov
5.Iginla

So there’s just no way we picking a LHD….if they did, it would be my “I don’t believe, what I just saw” moment

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
We have too many defencemen that are NHL-ready. We are going to reach a point of not only diminishing returns but of vanishing returns. The argument is to pick the BPA as if that is a certainty in this draft. Putting that argument aside and conceding it, I still maintain it's a losing proposition. We have to develop and showcase our surplus defencemen to trade them for forwards of equivalent value. There are only 6-7 spots on the team. We already have 7 LHD defencemen and 6 RHD defencemen. If we select another d-man there is no room on the Habs to showcase our surplus. Do we want to become the next Nashville?
None of them project as #1D; that’s the problem. There is a whole lot of quantity, but nothing truly high end. You can try and argue that our best D prospect (Reinbacher) projects as one, but Hughes himself would apparently disagree with you as he said they project him as a #2 type of guy. There are at least four D in this draft that look to have sure fire #1 potential. If they see one of them as BPA at 5, which is pretty likely, they aren’t in a position to pass on them for positional need. It is what it is.

Reactions: SnapVirus

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Like when we picked Scherbak one spot after Pastrnak, or Mesar two spots after Yurov...
Lol what do you want man..

People complain when WE 'uselessly get points because they don't know how to lose properly!!'
Now we gotta worry and sweat about OTHER teams going through it for 25-26-27
Like who cares lol, be happy we got a pick in that range at all and that it at least won't be 32

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
None of them project as #1D; that’s the problem. There is a whole lot of quantity, but nothing truly high end. You can try and argue that our best D prospect (Reinbacher) projects as one, but Hughes himself would apparently disagree with you as he said they project him as a #2 type of guy. There are at least four D in this draft that look to have sure fire #1 potential. If they see one of them as BPA at 5, which is pretty likely, they aren’t in a position to pass on them for positional need. It is what it is.
But who in this draft projects as a #1D? There’s no Hedman or Heiskanen where you look at and say “damn he’s just really good at everything”. Levshunov isn’t the best defender, Silayev has limited offensive upside, Dickinson is just vanilla.

Could they get there? Yeah, it’s definitely a possibility, but I don’t look at any of them and say it’s for sure happening.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
None of the defense prospect in the draft are surefire #1. They basically don’t exist in any drafts.

Makar wasn’t Makar before being drafted, same for Fox, McAvoy, Heiskanen, etc.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
And none of our defensemen project to be elite or comes with high risks like Hutson. And we saw how much Quinn Hughes gets beat up in the playoffs and not playing his game as he was in regular season.

Reinbacher seems to be a good top 2 but again, we have to be patient with him. Finding another building lock like him would set out back for the next decade.

Dickinson and Buium have potential for top 1/2D. That's higher value than top 6 winger. I'd rather an elite D than a top 6 winger or 2C. Dickinson seems to have all the tools in a high end defencemen. Better than Pietrangelo in his draft year. Buium has championship pedigree and is a workhorse too. Both are oozing talent and poise. Dickinson has future Captain material written all over him, he's gonna be sought after

None of the defense prospect in the draft are surefire #1. They basically don’t exist in any drafts.

Makar wasn’t Makar before being drafted, same for Fox, McAvoy, Heiskanen, etc.
Surefire #1D during their draft year? Drew Dougthy, Hedman, Dahlin?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad