• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

New pre-draft analysis video on Sennecke from board favorite David St. Louis

This video prove that people need to be really really happy if he is the pick at 5. WoW, I'm impressive by his game. Big fan of him, I think his game will translate perfectly on NHL level.

I still believe that Iginla have all things that direction want in a player, sooo...

But, if they pick Sennecke, I would be very very happy.

• Haha
Reactions: Addik04

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
This playoffs still reminds us that powerfowards are the way to go if you want to have success.

Lindstrom gotta be our pick. And he will be a perfect replacement when Dach the paper boy gets hurt again. Gotta build a top center depth. Beck and Kapanen are bottom 6.

Reactions: Saxon

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
This video prove that people need to be really really happy if he is the pick at 5. WoW, I'm impressive by his game. Big fan of him, I think his game will translate perfectly on NHL level.

I still believe that Iginla have all things that direction want in a player, sooo...

This. I will be happy with either Iginla or Sennecke.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I agree, and also projecting lineups into the future is not very reliable.

Take the best player and the Habs'll never be disappointed.

Whereas if they don't take a player because of some other player they have projected into their future lineup, well those projections will change 5 times a year, and will look entirely different 3-4 years from now.

So just BPA - when is having too many good players a problem?
Just don’t take a goalie with top picks in consecutive years, that does not end well.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    880.5 KB · Views: 5

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Our defense, currently, sucks too. Just like the O.

If the Habs goalie isn’t among the three stars, the wrong lamp is lit 4-5 times.

The needs are many, front and back.

We are ‘all set’ ——> at not one position.
Our défense doesn’t suck because of lack of talent. We have it. It’s just you D and inexperienced. They say it takes Dmen 300 NHL games to reach their potential. Not many have that. Patience with development will be needed

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Gotta be honest here, I just don't see any reason why we should overthink it and go with Sennecke. I sense a HUGE bust potential in his game. He pretty much floats 90% of the time out there. His feet are literally never moving and he never tries to anticipate where the puck might go. When he does he's rarely at the right spot.

Granted, he has amazing hands, but I can't see most of his dekes coming remotely close to translating in the NHL, his board play is nonexistant, and his engagement in the defensive zone leaves a lot to be desired. I also don't see displays that would suggest a very high hockey IQ.

He's a boom-or-bust type of prospect you gamble on when you're picking between 10 and 15, not 5th overall. I've read people comparing his game to Benoit Pouliot and I also have a tendency to see him as a kind of glorified BP.

Count me in on the Iginla bandwagon. I literally see a heavier and taller Saku Koivu out there when watching him play. The guy just happens to be around the puck all the time, which suggests a high hockey IQ. He's mad good along the boards, has an elite shot and happens to be the son of one of the most respected players in recent league history.

He might not be the best player out of this draft but he's 100% sure to be a very, very good top-6 player.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Yeah he’s really good, but I hope they do a deep dive into why he was demoted and benched this season. Is it actually a character thing or was the coach just upset that Sennecke likes to dangle? Who knows.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Yeah he’s really good, but I hope they do a deep dive into why he was demoted and benched this season. Is it actually a character thing or was the coach just upset that Sennecke likes to dangle? Who knows.
Honestly, from the video packages I see popping up online, it's not very hard to see why.
The guy shows no interest in any part of the game except when he can try to play like Alex Kovalev.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I adore Sennecke, but not above Tij if that's the pick. I understand that they are in the same stratosphere of talent and in the end, Sennecke might have better development potentials (or tools) but Iginla is such an obvious easy pick.

Anyway, if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone before our pick, it means one of Silyaev or Levshunov is there... Don,t care how many great young Ds we have, they might just be the best asset to land us a star forward after all.

Reactions: Vachon23

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Honestly, from the video packages I see popping up online, it's not very hard to see why.
The guy shows no interest in any part of the game except when he can try to play like Alex Kovalev.
It’s a highlight package. Why would they include clips of him pinning a guy along the boards or cycling the puck? It’s weird to judge a player’s entire playstyle from a 15 minute video showcasing his offensive talent.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
It’s a highlight package. Why would they include clips of him pinning a guy along the boards or cycling the puck? It’s weird to judge a player’s entire playstyle from a 15 minute video showcasing his offensive talent.

It's actually not all that much of a highlights package as a package of a lot of his shifts and there are quite a few videos like this one.

The same kind of package is popping up online for a lot of the top prospects, and his engagement is noticeably and visibly less impressive than a lot of the other guys. This is literally the first thing that jumped to my eyes in his case.

Watch those two videos and tell me you see more than a great pair of hands.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
If they don't pick Demidov, I hope they pick someone who will play at the World Jrs next year (for selfish reasons as I have tickets). Otherwise not much hope of seeing a Habs player at the World Jrs next year with how many late draft years/ overagers/Russians were drafted last year

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's actually not all that much of a highlights package as a package of a lot of his shifts and there are quite a few videos like this one.

The same kind of package is popping up online for a lot of the top prospects, and his engagement is noticeably and visibly less impressive than a lot of the other guys. This is literally the first thing that jumped to my eyes in his case.

Watch those two videos and tell me you see more than a great pair of hands.

Yeah I see great hands, along with great speed, a great wrist shot and great size. There’s a very intriguing package.

The growth has been uncanny. Can you imagine how you’d feel as a normal human just walking if you went from 5’10 to 6’2 in under a year? He’s turned that to his advantage quite quickly in a fast paced sport. The thinking should be how much better can he get once he’s filled out and more coordinated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad